LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 May 9 2012

Raficoo

Re: Feedback for Ogero

moba wrote:

so guys is it true that after 12 am the internet is free??? because i've been testing it for couple of days and i have exceeded over the limit...wtf??? lol i thought it was free

read some of the posts, it's official, announced on Ogero's site, and some people who called them said that they are "refreshing the database" and this take a week or two, and then by then your real Quota consumption(minus 12:00-7 usage) will be shown. So this means that whatever you download now after 12-7 will show but after Ogero's databases are refreshed the quota will cancel that quota that you used 12-7

Last edited by Raficoo (May 9 2012)

#152 May 9 2012

moba

Raficoo wrote:
moba wrote:

so guys is it true that after 12 am the internet is free??? because i've been testing it for couple of days and i have exceeded over the limit...wtf??? lol i thought it was free

read some of the posts, it's official, announced on Ogero's site, and some people who called them said that they are "refreshing the database" and this take a week or two, and then by then your real Quota consumption(minus 12:00-7 usage) will be shown. So this means that whatever you download now after 12-7 will show but after Ogero's databases are refreshed the quota will cancel that quota that you used 12-7

thanks dude for the info

#153 May 9 2012

ballad

moba wrote:

it's free, don't worry

#154 May 11 2012

bouda

any feedback on Ogero DSL from Antelias CO ? Speed, stability, ping?... any info?

#155 May 11 2012

AVOlio

Ogero Users,
Now since the unlimited night traffic is finally on,
How is the speed after 12 ?!
Is it the same speed as your subscription, or it reduces to hell like sodetel ?

#156 May 11 2012

redbyte

AVOlio wrote:

Ogero Users,

Nothing has changed for me. After 12 ping is between 98-110 on google, and download speeds on my 4Mbps are between 390 and 420 KB/s

#157 May 11 2012

Jinx

Well again the speed is very good (around 100 kb/s on torrents - 1M8 plan) but the ping is sooo bad... 400 ms at night

#158 May 11 2012

Raficoo

AVOlio wrote:

Ogero Users,

Like I posted before speed stable and ping stable

#159 May 11 2012

Mahmoud Brk

AVOlio wrote:

Ogero Users,

I'm having troubles in torrents. Sometimes the connection disappears and my download speed is 0.0!
I left a movie last night and woke up in the morning to find out that the average speed was 6 kB/s. It was yesterday and it happened to me two days ago, too. The avg. speed usually is 60 kB/s ranging from 60 to 110. So anybody has a clue of what's happening to my speed?

Last edited by Mahmoud Brk (May 11 2012)

#160 May 11 2012

Rodster

ya me too...i think this started to happen when pirate bay turned to magnet links...

#161 May 11 2012

xazbrat

Mahmoud Brk wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Ogero Users,

I'm having troubles in torrents. Sometimes the connection disappears and my download speed is 0.0!
I left a movie last night and woke up in the morning to find out that the average speed was 6 kB/s. It was yesterday and it happened to me two days ago, too. The avg. speed usually is 60 kB/s ranging from 60 to 110. So anybody has a clue of what's happening to my speed?

Ever since I upgraded the firmware in my modem, I haven't had the same issues--before I did that, it seemed every half hour, I had to reboot the modem whenever I used any torrents.

I downloaded a torrent from piratebay last night and it averaged 98 kB/s without getting disconnected.  The night before, I downloaded something from demonoid and I average a shade under 100 kB/s without getting disconnected.

#162 May 11 2012

Kareem

But the question remains unanswered.... is there a Fair Usage Policy ?

#163 May 11 2012

belal

Downloaded 14gb... No apparent FUP so far.

#164 May 11 2012

Mahmoud Brk

Kareem wrote:

But the question remains unanswered.... is there a Fair Usage Policy ?

I don't think so. And I'm not feeling any of it during the day. Why would they do it? Lebanon has got 33 gbps as a capacity, and we're consuming only 13 gbps.

xazbrat wrote:
Mahmoud Brk wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Ogero Users,

Ever since I upgraded the firmware in my modem, I haven't had the same issues--before I did that, it seemed every half hour, I had to reboot the modem whenever I used any torrents.

I downloaded a torrent from piratebay last night and it averaged 98 kB/s without getting disconnected.  The night before, I downloaded something from demonoid and I average a shade under 100 kB/s without getting disconnected.

Can you please tell me how to solve my problem, then? It's really frustrating! How to update the firmware? Note that I can't access my modem. I've got Linksys WAG200G.

Last edited by Mahmoud Brk (May 11 2012)

#165 May 11 2012

Kareem

Because of the network Abuse ? You are not sharing the 33 Gbps from home, you are sharing at max a 350mbps ( I'm being very optimisic with the numbers )

#166 May 12 2012

Raficoo

Kareem wrote:

Because of the network Abuse ? You are not sharing the 33 Gbps from home, you are sharing at max a 350mbps ( I'm being very optimisic with the numbers )

well if the connection speed is stable and as well as the ping(which it is) for you and others I don't see a reason to put any FUP anywhere... don't forget Ogero controls all the bandwidth so a bandwidth bottleneck from them is less likely than with private ISPs, also don't forget Lebanon's total bandwidth back then was just 2gbit.. then 3 then all the way to 23 and now 33(hopefully more to come), so also another sign of more supply for the increased bandwidth consumption

Last edited by Raficoo (May 12 2012)

#167 May 12 2012

Kareem

Raficoo wrote:
Kareem wrote:

well if the connection speed is stable and as well as the ping(which it is) for you and others I don't see a reason to put any FUP anywhere... don't forget Ogero controls all the bandwidth so a bandwidth bottleneck from them is less likely than with private ISPs, also don't forget Lebanon's total bandwidth back then was just 2gbit.. then 3 then all the way to 23 and now 33(hopefully more to come), so also another sign of more supply for the increased bandwidth consumption

To be dead honest browsing doesn't feel that fast after midnight as it used to be; now pingtest reports 106ms - Jitter ~ 8ms -12ms  compared to 94ms / 0ms-1ms anytime of the day in the past... but I can live with it.

Download rate is stable tho.

#168 May 12 2012

amkahal

Anyone has tested with Terranet ? they added this line to the account page

DSL Ogero, 1 Mbps, 10 GB shared, Unlimited Night Traffic

i will make test this night.

Edit: it's working

Total Used     170 hrs, 41 min, 31 sec     3689313 KB     300427 KB
Total Billed     164 hrs, 59 min, 52 sec     3355795 KB     269463 KB

Total Billed is less than Total Used by about 300 MB, and Terranet counts only the billed.

Last edited by amkahal (May 12 2012)

#169 May 12 2012

Fernand

Sure about the no FUP?
Last time I sent the minister a tweet about that, he said "There will be a FUP."
Can some of you try re-asking him?

#170 May 12 2012

Kassem

There should be a strict Fair Usage Policy, otherwise Ogero's connection will be as miserable as the private ISPs' connection. People should grow up and stop downloading the whole internet just because they can.

#171 May 12 2012

Fernand

Minister told me on Twitter that there will be a fair usage policy and it will be announved soon. Beware.

#172 May 12 2012

wAzAntar
Banned

sory guys but what is fair usage policy ? i did't understand what it is ! ?

Last edited by wAzAntar (May 12 2012)

#173 May 12 2012

hussam

wAzAntar wrote:

It means if you use too much resources and it starts to affect other users or system performance, you get throttled because you are using more than your fair share.

#174 May 12 2012

wAzAntar
Banned

hussam wrote:
wAzAntar wrote:

It means if you use too much resources and it starts to affect other users or system performance, you get throttled because you are using more than your fair share.

thank you for telling me , i think it can be done by making limit to download like each user have 1 GB in the night !

#175 May 12 2012

Raficoo

Kassem wrote:

There should be a strict Fair Usage Policy, otherwise Ogero's connection will be as miserable as the private ISPs' connection. People should grow up and stop downloading the whole internet just because they can.

again and again I repeat: as far as I can see, Ogero users' speeds, pings, and stability are unaffected by the unlimited night traffic, so I don't see a need for a FUP, little alone a STRICT one. if it's not broke, don't fix it.

edit: so far I only see Jinx getting the high ping at night, which is weird considering me and Kareem are getting normal pings

I'm doing to do a few speed and ping tests now and compare them at the unlimited traffic time and see how much a difference are we talking about it here. If the difference on ping is 30-100ms, then yes I would agree on a FUP, but 3-10ms is barely noticeable.

Last edited by Raficoo (May 12 2012)

Board footer