LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3851 May 6 2020

john

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I though they improved on customer support, but they didn't. Second time now they close my ticket without resolving the issue.
How low is that?!? If they cannot fix it, they could at least be honest about it, or i'm assuming they are just lazy ***** that are incompetent to do their job right.

#3852 May 6 2020

arached

Johnaudi wrote:
Kareem wrote:

That's weird my Ogero connection has never been better ( Bir Hassan )

I'd have to oppose that. My Ogero connection has never been worse. (Mansourieh)
Not only is it slow, but also random disconnections, can't open Skype/Discord without having it to load somewhat, only YouTube seems to be running well and I'm assuming that's because it's cached.

Same here, i can't even stream a movie at 720p without buffering from time to time. And the worst part is working from home connected through vpn to my office servers, every time a small disconnection happens the vpn disconnect and i have to reconnect to all services. I just want to go back to the office to get rid of this issue.

#3853 May 6 2020

Kareem

Johnaudi wrote:
Kareem wrote:

That's weird my Ogero connection has never been better ( Bir Hassan )

I'd have to oppose that. My Ogero connection has never been worse. (Mansourieh)
Not only is it slow, but also random disconnections, can't open Skype/Discord without having it to load somewhat, only YouTube seems to be running well and I'm assuming that's because it's cached.

That's probably has to do with where you live. Are you experiencing packet loss ?

#3854 May 6 2020

shady282

Hello, just moved to a new area, basta, and in this apartment the owner has ogero DSL, white technicolor router.
I ve got my internet today and when I tested the speed it barely reached 1mbs to 1.4mbs and disconnects suddenly. Is this the usual performance of ogero or there is an issue?

I had IDM at my previous apartment, different area and I had 4mbs full speed.

#3855 May 7 2020

Kareem

shady282 wrote:

Hello, just moved to a new area, basta, and in this apartment the owner has ogero DSL, white technicolor router.
I ve got my internet today and when I tested the speed it barely reached 1mbs to 1.4mbs and disconnects suddenly. Is this the usual performance of ogero or there is an issue?

Can you post your line stats ?

#3856 May 7 2020

shady282

Kareem wrote:
shady282 wrote:

Can you post your line stats ?

You mean download, upload and ping?

Or what exactly?

#3857 May 7 2020

xazbrat

They will look something like this (this is TP Link though)

Mode:                          ADSL_2plus    
Traffic Type:                ATM
Link Power State:        L0

Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):                    On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):                 134    143
Attenuation (0.1 dB):                  480    265
Output Power (0.1 dBm):           187    121
Attainable Rate (Kbps):               5598    1181

Downstream    Upstream
Rate (Kbps):                              4459    1023

Can't remember where to get it on Technicolor modem though.

#3858 May 7 2020

shady282

xazbrat wrote:

They will look something like this (this is TP Link though)

Mode:                          ADSL_2plus    
Traffic Type:                ATM
Link Power State:        L0

Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):                    On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):                 134    143
Attenuation (0.1 dB):                  480    265
Output Power (0.1 dBm):           187    121
Attainable Rate (Kbps):               5598    1181

Downstream    Upstream
Rate (Kbps):                              4459    1023

Can't remember where to get it on Technicolor modem though.

If anyone can help me get the stats.

I tried to use the landline and there is no connection. But internet is working fine but very slow. It seems they unfreezed the internet package but not the landline connection? Is that possible ?

Last edited by shady282 (May 7 2020)

#3859 May 7 2020

DG

Yes it's possible to have one without the other working.

The majority of Technicolor routers have a default username of "admin", a default password of "password" (without the quotes), and the default IP address of 192.168. 0.1

#3860 May 7 2020

shady282

DG wrote:

The majority of Technicolor routers have a default username of "admin", a default password of "password" (without the quotes), and the default IP address of 192.168. 0.1

thanks, I got into the router and used  username: user, and password: user and it worked. how do i collect stats?

#3861 May 8 2020

DG

I am not sure where the line stats are in a Technicolor router. Try all the interface links until you find something that mentions "Line Attenuation", "SNR Margin", "CRC Errors", etc...
Perhaps under "Advanced" or  "Broadband"...

Last edited by DG (May 8 2020)

#3862 May 8 2020

wollyka

shady282 wrote:
DG wrote:

thanks, I got into the router and used  username: user, and password: user and it worked. how do i collect stats?

What technicolor model do you have? I have for example the TG589vac v2 and the stats are under Broadband menu

Last edited by wollyka (May 8 2020)

#3863 May 11 2020

maulader

since the start of this month, my line stats on my modem dropped by half. I had 11mbps now i'm at 5mbps max.

Does my line stats from the modem have anything to do from ogero's side? or is this local at my home? (note that i do have some line issues with random CRC but this issue has been for 5 years and it's a big mess to fix)

I just want to know if it's time to finally face my inhouse issues or would it be from ogero's side due to covid?

#3864 May 14 2020

Kareem

HzSamer wrote:
Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

What was your speed on ADSL ?  ( Attenuation, attainable rate etc... )

Here is what I get. The max real speed on ADSL is around 12-13Mbps and on VDSL the download speed is around 21-22Mbps and the upload is consistant 8Mbps

I think Ogero is capping the download speed.

ApGiKcw.png

dhBNg41.png

You know what's funny ? I had better stats on ADSL than you. In fact my attenuation was  21dB/11dB and that was my attainable rate.

5367f60afc1a1a9ac440b3c3f266517c.png

My connection never ever dropped.

I was moved to VDSL two days ago and my stats below :

d8ba0162bff7cb7f1c130e7243fb954a.png

Now if you tell me that having a down sync 30x faster than my upload is something normal I'll give up as I'm in the process of changing the external straight copper wire connected from socket to the building box to twisted shielded CAT6 to see if it's going to make a difference.

I understand that upstream is more challenging and needs more power but if you look that the spectrum of the tone information, my upload is almost non existent even at 4 MHz

01a3c8736a3566f32bbc02e0a87997f4.png

Indeed I'm using a Draytek 2862 modem which is know to be very aggressive and stable however, I'm not sure how compatible it is with the broadcom DSLAM ( I assume Huawei ) as now I can't sync higher than 16mbps on ADSL while it was touching the 19mbps on the IKANOS before they moved me.

I might borrow a VDSL modem and see if that makes a difference.

@nuclearcat any thoughts?

#3865 May 14 2020

dio

My DSL connection went down last night at around 1 AM, I went to bed hoping it was just another disconnect or something, woke up this morning with no net still. The last light on my router is off, only got 3/4 on.

I live in the hamra area, anyone having the same? They opened a ticket with a title "DSL - Fault Network Problem - NO VLAN"

Edit: I went to the router settings out of curiosity and it set up as a first time, i reconfigured it and now it works. Very strange.

Last edited by dio (May 14 2020)

#3866 May 14 2020

xazbrat

dio wrote:

My DSL connection went down last night at around 1 AM, I went to bed hoping it was just another disconnect or something, woke up this morning with no net still. The last light on my router is off, only got 3/4 on.

I live in the hamra area, anyone having the same? They opened a ticket with a title "DSL - Fault Network Problem - NO VLAN"

Edit: I went to the router settings out of curiosity and it set up as a first time, i reconfigured it and now it works. Very strange.

It has happened to me a few times before--the internet light would turn off and I called in once a few months ago and they said my modem didn't have any signin credentials which I found odd.  So, I took my old Technicolor modem and plugged it in and instant internet and went back and reconfigured the modem as you did and it worked.  No clue on why that happened.

Not in Hamra though, but similar experience.

#3867 May 15 2020

Kareem

Some updates... Because I'm too stubborn and some things don't make sense to me. I connected a Cat6 cable straight to the building box up to my modem. Old wire was around 130 meters ( 2 pair of wires ). I went for a 60m cable as I'm on the 8th floor.

I had a flash a custom firmware and push the modem really to the limit by going as low as 6 dB for the SNRM. I don't have control over the upstream SNRM since Ogero is sticking to 10dB which is ok for lines with very high attenuation but normally in europe, the DSLAM will give you 6dB by default and change it dynamically. I think DLM doesn't exist here.

Long story short, my attenuation went down 3dB. By default I was getting around 24-27 Mbps and here's an update after 8 stable hours.

67ce6cfe2b02cf576ca1ef1c2378e59a.png

70876e64399149393d4b649a849e958d.png

One last thing to try, I'm going to pick a TP-link VR400 since it has a broadcom chipset and see if there's any compatibility issue.

I might also go all in, install a VDSL modem in bridge mode next to the building box and use the CAT6 cable for ethernet but imma see if I can get a UPS line ( old telephone cable probably ). That would reduce the attenuation by another 1.5 dB

#3868 May 16 2020

Moudimadi

So i talked to one of ogero's employee. i told him that i have vdsl. and my speed is reaching the same speed i used to get on adsl. he was like you don't have vdsl . i can see it from here. he was like you're still on adsl. they didn't change you the port to have vdsl. Even though my modem is vdsl configured and it's syncing on vdsl not adsl2plus. I Don't know what to do i swear they know nothing. He told me he'll get the feasibility study of my line on monday and if it supports vdsl he'll change the port on tuesday. I'm waiting for that. But my question is how my modem is syncing to vdsl and im still on adsl? Anyone can explain please. Thank you.

#3869 May 16 2020

Kareem

Moudimadi wrote:

So i talked to one of ogero's employee. i told him that i have vdsl. and my speed is reaching the same speed i used to get on adsl. he was like you don't have vdsl . i can see it from here. he was like you're still on adsl. they didn't change you the port to have vdsl. Even though my modem is vdsl configured and it's syncing on vdsl not adsl2plus. I Don't know what to do i swear they know nothing. He told me he'll get the feasibility study of my line on monday and if it supports vdsl he'll change the port on tuesday. I'm waiting for that. But my question is how my modem is syncing to vdsl and im still on adsl? Anyone can explain please. Thank you.

Which modem do you have ?

#3870 May 17 2020

mher11

This internet is getting worse and worse everydayy.. Does anyone play Fifa 20 here? For more than a month now its unplayable ..even in the menu it gets stuck on the loading pages like every 2 min and disconnects.. I've talked to them on twitter they told me we will check ane never replied back. And im sure the issue is from ogero as when i use 4g its not like that. Im considering to switch to cyberias gaming plan, does anyone know anything about it?

#3871 May 17 2020

Kareem

mher11 wrote:

This internet is getting worse and worse everydayy.. Does anyone play Fifa 20 here? For more than a month now its unplayable ..even in the menu it gets stuck on the loading pages like every 2 min and disconnects.. I've talked to them on twitter they told me we will check ane never replied back. And im sure the issue is from ogero as when i use 4g its not like that. Im considering to switch to cyberias gaming plan, does anyone know anything about it?

What makes you think it's Ogero to blame?

#3872 May 17 2020

Adnan

I haven't played online for a month now but I used to play Fifa 20 too on PS4. I'm with Sodetel. I had exactly the same problem: on DSL unplayable but on 4G pretty good. I guess it's still the case given your input.

#3873 May 17 2020

Moudimadi

Kareem wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Which modem do you have ?

Asus DSL-AC55U. Adsl/Vdsl modem

#3874 May 17 2020

wollyka

Is the modem showing the modulation type as VDSL in DSL info tab? and what VDSL profile? 17a?

#3875 May 17 2020

Johnaudi

My connection on dialup was probably better than my existing connection today. It randomly stops working for discord/Skype and simple works for YouTube flawlessly. Cached at its finest. Also having some troubles with a Remote Desktop connection every few hours...

Board footer