LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3726 March 3

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Aly wrote:
dio wrote:

I was curious if I could get VDSL so I messaged the Ogero team on twitter via DM, they replied saying that yes I could and to email [email protected], so I did, they were very helpful, all they said I need to do is go to the centrale and buy a VDSL modem If i dont have one, and they will program it for me on the spot.

Im gonna go do that tomorrow morning. I currently have around 13-15 mb/s on ADSL, what do you think I could get when switching over to VDSL?

Did they do a feasibility test for your line and got back to you a couple of days later ?
Because I have done that before, my current ADSL line was reaching 16 mbps and I asked for VDSL, followed the same process you followed, my request was declined and it wasn't feasible. So double check with them to avoid ending up with buying a VDSL router for nothing.

Well they said on Twitter that i Should be eligible for it after asking for my landline number. Also one of the the emails I received from Ogero was the following: We received word from the personnel who received your application.

They claim that since you already have an ADSL connection, that connection would then be switched over to a VDSL one.

The only issue here is the modem, they cannot deliver to you a modem unless the VDSL is an entirely new application.

If your current modem is capable of VDSL, you would simply need to take it to the nearest programming center to have it programmed onto your VDSL line, otherwise you would need to visit your centrale to buy an appropriate modem and have it programmed.

Offline

#3727 March 4

ahk40a
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

LifeEngineer wrote:

Guys,
On Ogero android app on my phone, the consumption shown is still from Yesterday 02/03/2020 at 10AM. Usually it updates each 3 hrs or so. Anyone facing same issue!?

Same thing here, it seems there is something wrong in their system.

Offline

#3728 March 4

vengeance666
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Yup it's stuck here as well

Offline

#3729 March 6

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello, yesterday they switched me to Vdsl. I'm getting same speed as i used to get on Adsl. Max 15 Mbit download and 1 Mbit upload. The guy camed and tested my phone line in the electricity room. He asked me. Who told you that you can take vdsl? i told him Ogero. He was like you cant you're far from the central you wont get high speeds. I'm in Dawhet Aramoun as i told you all before. He said that we don't have an active cabinet here. Anyway i'm on Vdsl now. Modem modulation Vdsl 2. But same speed as Adsl.

Offline

#3730 March 8

ahk40a
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello, yesterday they switched me to Vdsl. I'm getting same speed as i used to get on Adsl. Max 15 Mbit download and 1 Mbit upload. The guy camed and tested my phone line in the electricity room. He asked me. Who told you that you can take vdsl? i told him Ogero. He was like you cant you're far from the central you wont get high speeds. I'm in Dawhet Aramoun as i told you all before. He said that we don't have an active cabinet here. Anyway i'm on Vdsl now. Modem modulation Vdsl 2. But same speed as Adsl.

If you are having VDSL2 modulation, it means you are getting VDSL from the active room in the area. And yes, he is correct, we don't have active cabinets in the area, only that active room.

The nearest cabinet I can recall near you is the one located at Villa Harmoush, once they change it it means you will be getting higher speeds.

Offline

#3731 March 8

Abou7meed
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Guys, anyone is facing problems with Ogero since yesterday? 
My modem is re-syncing every 20 min I called support yesterday noon...as usual everything is great  (Edenye b alf kher)

I noticed that SNR values are very low as hell, went down to my electric room in the apartment nothing new/unusual everything is as is, even I checked my cables...
So is it only me or its an Ogero problem
PS (I am on Ras Enabe3 CO - on OS plan)

Offline

#3732 March 11

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Abou7meed wrote:

Guys, anyone is facing problems with Ogero since yesterday? 
My modem is re-syncing every 20 min I called support yesterday noon...as usual everything is great  (Edenye b alf kher)

I noticed that SNR values are very low as hell, went down to my electric room in the apartment nothing new/unusual everything is as is, even I checked my cables...
So is it only me or its an Ogero problem
PS (I am on Ras Enabe3 CO - on OS plan)

Yeah i got disconnected twice yesterday, i used to have this problem a year ago where it would disconnect around 15 times a day, the net was actually unusable, until i kept calling and eventually spoke to Imad Kreideih on the phone (fan boy lol), after that, it was eventually fixed, still not sure what the fix was, but I hope it's not coming back.

Offline

#3733 March 11

OnLiNe
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I have the 2mbps package from Ogero, it has been really slow these past few days. even 10 mbs files take a while to download!!
Anyone experiencing something similar ? I already called twice they said i am getting full speed through my modem..

Offline

#3734 March 12

rolf
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Abou7meed wrote:

Guys, anyone is facing problems with Ogero since yesterday?

I'm having issue with the connection dropping for a few minutes every day. I am not sure if the issue is from their side or mine, it has been going on for years.

Lately sites such as bitbucket.org and jewishpress.com are timing out (unless I use a VPN). Any ideas?

Offline

#3735 March 12

wollyka
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

It is happening everywhere. It looks like they are limiting international traffic (or there is a problem or there is a heavy congestion due to coronavirus). IDM and Cyberia are also blocking torrents (at least at night for now)

Last edited by wollyka (March 12)

Offline

#3736 March 12

Tech Guru
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs

Offline

#3737 March 12

Abou7meed
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Tech Guru wrote:

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs


Cool, just read it
But how it will double the speed, so open speed will get double open speed ! lool
150 to 300 / 200 to 400 as for the quota !! Not bad
They must make it unlimited for all !! (dream come true)

Last edited by Abou7meed (March 12)

Offline

#3738 March 12

bobo619
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Tech Guru wrote:

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs

May i ask if your Ogero FTTH bandwidth speed is capped at 50 Mbps? Can you post a test speed from www.testmy.net please?

Last edited by bobo619 (March 12)

Offline

#3739 March 12

Tech Guru
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Abou7meed wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs


Cool, just read it
But how it will double the speed, so open speed will get double open speed ! lool
150 to 300 / 200 to 400 as for the quota !! Not bad
They must make it unlimited for all !! (dream come true)

ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

If some one has an Open Speed his speed will not double since Open Speed is the max speed will reach.

For Unlimited 2Mbps or 4Mbps / It will not work since you need to reconfigure the rourter to jump from 2 to 4.

Capacity on Open Speeds will double without configuration for ADSL (Open Speed and Unlimited)  ,  HDSL and FTTH

Nevetheless ,  regardless the bill will be zero for ADSL , HDSL , and FTTC

Offline

#3740 March 12

vengeance666
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Tech Guru wrote:

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs


As of free it means free quota and bandwidth (even tho I have open speed I don't think I'm able to reach double speeds), not free in terms of no internet bill to pay. Still happy to have an extra 150 GBs for March and April tho. Good move!

Offline

#3741 March 12

Abou7meed
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Tech Guru wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs


Cool, just read it
But how it will double the speed, so open speed will get double open speed ! lool
150 to 300 / 200 to 400 as for the quota !! Not bad
They must make it unlimited for all !! (dream come true)

ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

If some one has an Open Speed his speed will not double since Open Speed is the max speed will reach.

For Unlimited 2Mbps or 4Mbps / It will not work since you need to reconfigure the rourter to jump from 2 to 4.

Capacity on Open Speeds will double without configuration for ADSL (Open Speed and Unlimited)  ,  HDSL and FTTH

Nevetheless ,  regardless the bill will be zero for ADSL , HDSL , and FTTC



So if OS will remain OS, and 2MB/4MB unlimited needs modem reconfiguration, so the double speed will apply only on 4 MB users with limited quota ?!

If the bill will be zero for March & April, so in other words even if you exceed your quota, you wont be charged !

Offline

#3742 March 12

xazbrat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Abou7meed wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:

Cool, just read it
But how it will double the speed, so open speed will get double open speed ! lool
150 to 300 / 200 to 400 as for the quota !! Not bad
They must make it unlimited for all !! (dream come true)

ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

If some one has an Open Speed his speed will not double since Open Speed is the max speed will reach.

For Unlimited 2Mbps or 4Mbps / It will not work since you need to reconfigure the rourter to jump from 2 to 4.

Capacity on Open Speeds will double without configuration for ADSL (Open Speed and Unlimited)  ,  HDSL and FTTH

Nevetheless ,  regardless the bill will be zero for ADSL , HDSL , and FTTC



So if OS will remain OS, and 2MB/4MB unlimited needs modem reconfiguration, so the double speed will apply only on 4 MB users with limited quota ?!

If the bill will be zero for March & April, so in other words even if you exceed your quota, you wont be charged !

Their policy by default is to stop your internet when you reach your quota.  Been a lot of complaints of people having huge overages

Offline

#3743 March 12

az09za90za
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Tech Guru wrote:

For Unlimited 2Mbps or 4Mbps / It will not work since you need to reconfigure the rourter to jump from 2 to 4.

reconfigure what exactly in modem

Offline

#3744 March 12

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello, as i mentioned before. I have the asus adsl/vdsl modem router. I used to have a problem on it. normal ping to google 42ms. But some websites aren't opening. Like cnn, msn , speedtest and many other websites. Today i knew the problem. When i put ipv6 on and i get ip's. The websites wont open anymore. On ipv4 it's working perfectly. But on ipv6 there's this problem that i'm facing. Any solution for it?

Offline

#3745 March 13

Abou7meed
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Guys you can notice now on Ogero App that all quota limits are doubled,
just saw it

Offline

#3746 March 13

Tech Guru
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

FB-IMG-1584100217162.jpg

#Ogero Only.

Effective Until End of April - Menawhile , depending on the Corona crises escalation or supression.

Edit: No Modem Reconfiguation needed , all speeds reconfiguration willbbe done on the ports end ( DSL or FTTC)

Last edited by Tech Guru (March 13)

Offline

#3747 March 13

Tech Guru
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

bobo619 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs

May i ask if your Ogero FTTH bandwidth speed is capped at 50 Mbps? Can you post a test speed from www.testmy.net please?


z9X3jUNh.jpg
This is my speeds mate

Ogero
FTTH
1TB Plan
300m Away from CO

Last edited by Tech Guru (March 13)

Offline

#3748 March 13

HzSamer
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Tech Guru wrote:
bobo619 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

I have Ogero FTTH and 4Mbps Unlimited, both working pefectly. By the way all Ogero subscribers will have a free March month.

قرر مجلس الوزراء مضاعة سرعة الانترنت وحجم الاستهلاك لمشتركي خدمات الانترنت على شبكة وزارة الاتصالات - اوجيرو في الاماكن السكنية مجانا حتى آخر نيسان ضمن الامكانات الفنية المتوفرة.

وياتي هذا القرار لتشجيع اللبنانيين على العمل والدرس من المنازل في إطار حملة خليك بالبيت.

#OnlyOgero not ISPs

May i ask if your Ogero FTTH bandwidth speed is capped at 50 Mbps? Can you post a test speed from www.testmy.net please?



This is my speeds mate

Ogero
FTTH
1TB Plan
300m Away from CO

I am curious about the upload speed. What is the max speed? If you can test it using Google Drive.

Offline

#3749 March 14

leblinux
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Today i got the data rate at 4Mbps previously stable at 2 Mbps now since I suffer from the infamous elevator to SNR effect, i get disconnections every time the elevator moves!! I will have to contact ogero to revert the change.

Offline

#3750 March 14

vengeance666
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Sometimes I'm happy I live in an old building with no elevators or electricity boxes for all the apartements.

Offline

Board footer