LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3501 May 30 2019

Elitism Guru

Re: Feedback for Ogero

[deleted]

Last edited by Elitism Guru (May 30 2019)

#3502 May 30 2019

new_user

DG wrote:

@xazbrat it's not a modem restart. The modem was still powered when this happened. Only the DSL and Internet leds went off for about 30 seconds.

This used to happen with my 6 years old thomson modem. It was resolved when I bought a new tp-link modem.

Also there is a spec in UPSes called "Transfer time". It is usually a small number of milliseconds. This tells how much time it takes the UPS to switch to battery power when the electricity goes off. The smaller this number is, the better. I believe that a large transfer time could sometimes cause problems similar to what you are facing.

You can see an example in the specs of this UPS
http://www.pceups.com/products/ups/line-interactive/m8

#3503 May 30 2019

DG

Thanks new_user but I should explain that the modem I am using is only 3 weeks old (Asus N16).
Moreover, if the issue was caused by the UPS' transfer time... wouldn't the modem have restarted ? In my case both the pc and modem remained. What happened was that the DSL / Broadband led went off exactly when the power was cut.

It's as if there was a loss of power at the CO or somewhere else along the line.

Last edited by DG (May 30 2019)

#3504 May 30 2019

Elitism Guru

Seems like the golden age of Kriedieh is gone, he is no longer responding, Ogero twitter DM support is very scripted.

DG wrote:

Thanks new_user but I should explain that the modem I am using is only 3 weeks old (Asus N16).
Moreover, if the issue was caused by the UPS' transfer time... wouldn't the modem have restarted ? In my case both the pc and modem remained. What happened was that the DSL / Broadband led went off exactly when the power was cut.

It's as if there was a loss of power at the CO or somewhere else along the line.

This screams for inductance issue, get your line away from electricity, its a standard comm. building code.

#3505 May 31 2019

Mayyad

DG wrote:

The same issue used to happen to my thomson router a lot, after a lot of trials i ended with the two suggestions, either the cabinet is out of power for short time when the edl goes off or a high noise is generated when edl goes off. Even i never had a call cut when the power goes off.
I changed the modem to vr-900 and i didnt noticed again, not sure if it is from ogero side or router side since ogero chanded the cabinets after few months to fttc.

#3506 May 31 2019

LifeEngineer

Not to go into politics or out of the subject, but things aren't looking good for Ogero. Their CEO Imad Kraidiye is under investigation as well as 450 alleged illegal recruitments.

#3507 May 31 2019

Elitism Guru

LifeEngineer wrote:

Not to go into politics or out of the subject, but things aren't looking good for Ogero. Their CEO Imad Kraidiye is under investigation as well as 450 alleged illegal recruitments.

I see, makes sense, there is no free lunch, I was surprised by their recent "good" customer service, which is not happening right now.

#3508 May 31 2019

Elitism Guru

How long does it take to "change port"? They called me today to notify me that they changed the port, even though I requested this since yesterday, and my line stats suggests that they didn't, have to wait and see for stability.
Edit: Just asked them again, and the tech department said nothing was done and its not their fault, its the employee's fault, I'm speechless.

Last edited by Elitism Guru (June 1 2019)

#3509 June 23 2019

DG

Anyone with Ogero experiencing an increased/inconsistent ping tonight ?

Last edited by DG (June 23 2019)

#3510 July 8 2019

dany

Hello,

I live in Adonis, Zouk Mosbeh. I'm with Sodetel on an open speed package with 150GB data limit. I'm not happy with my connection at all. It says the rate is around 4000 Kbps, but it certainly doesn't feel like it. I'm thinking of switching to Ogero.

Does anyone know if Ogero will provide a more stable connection in my area?

Downstream /    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1dB):    69             69
Attenuation (0.1dB):    470        330
Output Power (dBm):    17.5     12.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    5800    942
Rate (Kbps):                  4091             742
D (interleave depth):    64                8
Delay (msec):                6.47             3.14
Data Counter:    1549572             185840

HEC Errors:    1234    0
OCD Errors:    0             0
LCD Errors:    0           0
CRC Errors:    202       0
FEC Errors:    2167731    7

Total ES    108    0

Total Frames    1549572    185840

#3511 July 8 2019

vengeance666

dany wrote:

Hello,

I live in Adonis, Zouk Mosbeh. I'm with Sodetel on an open speed package with 150GB data limit. I'm not happy with my connection at all. It says the rate is around 4000 Kbps, but it certainly doesn't feel like it. I'm thinking of switching to Ogero.

Downstream /    Upstream

Total ES    108    0

You have some serious issues on your line or you live far away from the central office

#3512 July 8 2019

xazbrat

dany wrote:

Hello,

Downstream /    Upstream

Total ES    108    0

to me, it looks like they have you capped at 4mb--double check and make sure that is indeed true.  In any case, you see to be near the limit you could possible get as you seem to be nearly 3km away from centrale.   Also, see what ogero's speed test gives you---at least it will give you a general idea what you will be getting.

Check out this calculator and see what it possible--your are close to it, but it won't hurt to check.

#3513 July 8 2019

dany

So I guess changing ISPs won't resolve my issues. If I do switch to Ogero, would they send someone to check my phone line connection first? Maybe they'll be able to do something about it, replace cables, etc...

#3514 July 8 2019

dany

xazbrat wrote:
dany wrote:

Hello,

Downstream /    Upstream

Total ES    108    0

to me, it looks like they have you capped at 4mb--double check and make sure that is indeed true.  In any case, you see to be near the limit you could possible get as you seem to be nearly 3km away from centrale.   Also, see what ogero's speed test gives you---at least it will give you a general idea what you will be getting.

Ogero speedtest says my max is 3mb.

#3515 July 8 2019

dany

And the SNR margin is always fluctuating.

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1dB):    83    63
Attenuation (0.1dB):    470    330
Output Power (dBm):    19.5    12.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    6784    945
Rate (Kbps):    4095    745
D (interleave depth):    64    8
Delay (msec):    6.97    3.95

#3516 July 8 2019

xazbrat

dany wrote:

Downstream    Upstream

Could be caused by a lot of things, but not really too different ---if you can, tweak how you connect a bit and see if you can connect though a different modulation like ADSL 2, 2+ or G dmt.  They may allow you to get better stability and/or speeds.   If you have the option, uncheck the others and see if you can connect and see if you get any differences.

#3517 July 8 2019

dany

xazbrat wrote:
dany wrote:

Downstream    Upstream

Could be caused by a lot of things, but not really too different ---if you can, tweak how you connect a bit and see if you can connect though a different modulation like ADSL 2, 2+ or G dmt.  They may allow you to get better stability and/or speeds.   If you have the option, uncheck the others and see if you can connect and see if you get any differences.

All modulations are enabled, I guess it switches to the best performing during connect?

G.Dmt Enabled
G.Lite Enabled
G.Inp Enabled
T1.413 Enabled
ADSL2 Enabled
AnnexL Enabled
ADSL2+ Enabled
AnnexM Enabled

#3518 July 8 2019

xazbrat

dany wrote:
xazbrat wrote:
dany wrote:

Downstream    Upstream

All modulations are enabled, I guess it switches to the best performing during connect?

G.Dmt Enabled
G.Lite Enabled
G.Inp Enabled
T1.413 Enabled
ADSL2 Enabled
AnnexL Enabled
ADSL2+ Enabled
AnnexM Enabled

Just uncheck everything except for the one you want to test, and see if you connect,  Check your connection, rinse, lather and repeat.  I used to connect with ADSL2 and 2+, but now I am limited to g.dmt which I am fine with right now since I am on a 2mb unlimited connection.  The other ones gave me theoretical higher speeds, but the snr margin was adversely affected and I did have some disconnects,

#3519 July 8 2019

dany

The best results came up using G.Dmt, but it reduced my rate to 3500 Kbps.

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1dB):    135    120
Attenuation (0.1dB):    470    315
Output Power (dBm):    19.0    12.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    6624    1048
Rate (Kbps):    3520    736
D (interleave depth):    32    2
Delay (msec):    8.00    4.00

#3520 July 8 2019

dany

Still fluctuating though...

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1dB):    81    110
Attenuation (0.1dB):    470    315
Output Power (dBm):    19.0    12.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    4756    1040
Rate (Kbps):    3520    736
D (interleave depth):    32    2
Delay (msec):    8.00    4.00

#3521 July 8 2019

xazbrat

You don't lose much speed, but you gain better stability.  Just figure out which one is more important to you.

#3522 July 12 2019

Moudimadi

xazbrat wrote:

Hello,i wanna ask you. did you see any ogero guys working in our area Dawhet Aramoun? Till now i didn't see any of them. Reply as soon as possible please. i'm waiting for the FTTC to take VDSL.

#3523 July 12 2019

Moudimadi

xazbrat wrote:

You don't lose much speed, but you gain better stability.  Just figure out which one is more important to you.

Hello,i wanna ask you. did you see any ogero guys working in our area Dawhet Aramoun? Till now i didn't see any of them. Reply as soon as possible please. i'm waiting for the FTTC to take VDSL.

#3524 July 12 2019

xazbrat

Moudimadi wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

I saw them maybe a month ago near kareems bakery on the main road towards the turn to Hassan mosque.  I haven't seen anyone since, but have seen a few of their vehicles around---just not doing work that I could see.  You are lucky---my max speed here according to Ogero is 3mb---you are lucky to be getting 16 in our area.

#3525 July 12 2019

Moudimadi

xazbrat wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

I saw them maybe a month ago near kareems bakery on the main road towards the turn to Hassan mosque.  I haven't seen anyone since, but have seen a few of their vehicles around---just not doing work that I could see.  You are lucky---my max speed here according to Ogero is 3mb---you are lucky to be getting 16 in our area.

Hello again. I hope you'll get faster speeds very soon. Im getting 13 to 14 mbit max on speedtest but inside the router it's sometimes 16 sometimes 17. i dont know why im not getting all the speed. Maybe because it's not a dedicated connection. Anyway i hope we get FTTC as soon as possible because we need it in our area. I live beside doha pharmacy. same building of radwan market i dont know if you know it. The cabinet is very near to the building i live in.

Board footer