LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3426 February 10 2019

eWizzard

Re: Feedback for Ogero

No idea, but I've come across the same problem on a few more completely unrelated websites as well, BBC being one of them. It seems unlikely to be due to censorship.

#3427 February 10 2019

Raficoo

So yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of this the moment I encountered this problem, but changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (or any alternative) fixes it, so the problem seems to be with the default DNS Ogero is using

#3428 February 11 2019

xazbrat

Raficoo wrote:

So yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of this the moment I encountered this problem, but changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (or any alternative) fixes it, so the problem seems to be with the default DNS Ogero is using

I have been having problems for a while and switched to the cloudflare's dns maybe 10 days ago.  I was having problems with a few sites and this took care of that even though  someone compared cloudflare to ogero's dns and found it to be slower, but it is more reliable than ogero.

And as a bonus, sites like thepiratebay are coming in whereas we had to use a vpn or mirror site to access them.

Last edited by xazbrat (February 11 2019)

#3429 February 21 2019

Ahmad Toutounji

Is anyone experiencing random disconnections in Ras Beirut?

#3430 February 27 2019

AymanS

Nop its fine ,

But the question is 2 months have already passed from q1 1 more to go , are we still on schedule regarding fiber in ras-beirut  , are they installing?? does anyone has info regarding this area
Another question ras beirut to get ffth or fttc ?

#3431 February 27 2019

Kareem

AymanS wrote:

Nop its fine ,

But the question is 2 months have already passed from q1 1 more to go , are we still on schedule regarding fiber in ras-beirut  , are they installing?? does anyone has info regarding this area

I don't think you're getting it anytime soon. I asked someone at Ogero if Mathaf / Ras Nabeh is going to get FTTC by end of Q2 and he said they're delayed and doesn't think it's going to happen before next year although it says Q2.

I'm still in denial...

#3432 March 1 2019

mikasa

AymanS wrote:

Nop its fine ,

https://twitter.com/ikreidieh/status/11 … 52576?s=20

#3433 March 2 2019

Kareem

1ac2437ef27ad015c30d0051f9187446.png

#3434 March 2 2019

xazbrat

He references "ground" and "ducts" issues a bit (prior tweets about delay), and I have no clue what he is talking about.  Maybe some translation error or technical term I am not aware of?

#3435 March 2 2019

Aly

xazbrat wrote:

He references "ground" and "ducts" issues a bit (prior tweets about delay), and I have no clue what he is talking about.  Maybe some translation error or technical term I am not aware of?

He once explained in a live video, that they are deploying fiber cables all over the country in the old existing infrastructure tubes (ground), sometimes work is going fine and other times it is not possible due to tight overcrowded tubes or very bad infrastructure to start with ... in this case they need to excavate the ground and do the job properly from scratch, which will cause delays and deadlines wont be met.

#3436 March 3 2019

xazbrat

Aly wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

He once explained in a live video, that they are deploying fiber cables all over the country in the old existing infrastructure tubes (ground), sometimes work is going fine and other times it is not possible due to tight overcrowded tubes or very bad infrastructure to start with ... in this case they need to excavate the ground and do the job properly from scratch, which will cause delays and deadlines wont be met.

Ok thanks--that seems to clarify it quite a bit--I would have used different terminology, but to each his own I guess.

#3437 March 13 2019

DG

Modem configuration question: I have an old (but perfectly working) Thomson modem TG 585 v7.

I am moving houses in 1.5 months and I already applied for a phone line and DSL internet at the new apartment. However, Ogero said I will have to buy a new TP-Link modem to be used at the new apartment I am moving into. Otherwise I will have to take my current Thomson modem to Mina El Hosn for configuration.
Is there another way to do this without going to Mina El Hosn and still use my old modem at the new apartment ?

Last edited by DG (March 13 2019)

#3438 March 14 2019

ahk40a

DG wrote:

Modem configuration question: I have an old (but perfectly working) Thomson modem TG 585 v7.

I am moving houses in 1.5 months and I already applied for a phone line and DSL internet at the new apartment. However, Ogero said I will have to buy a new TP-Link modem to be used at the new apartment I am moving into. Otherwise I will have to take my current Thomson modem to Mina El Hosn for configuration.
Is there another way to do this without going to Mina El Hosn and still use my old modem at the new apartment ?

You could try extracting the new username and password from the TP-Link if you buy it. Else take the old one to Mina El Hosn. It is preferred to buy a VDSL model and send it to them.

#3439 March 14 2019

dio

DG wrote:

I felt the same way when they told me I had to do that, to my surprise, it took me 15 minutes total. It was quick and painless.

#3440 March 14 2019

Ahmad Toutounji

You can't acquire the PPPOE user & pass, If I remember correctly they used to send it to you by email , but that was a long time ago.
Now they don't do that for whatever reason. You can extract the password from the Thomson modem if they programmed it , by a tool called ADSL account recovery provided by a user from lebgeeks, or you can use inspect element on the password if you have a tplink modem.

#3441 March 14 2019

dio

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

You can't acquire the PPPOE user & pass, If I remember correctly they used to send it to you by email , but that was a long time ago.
Now they don't do that for whatever reason. You can extract the password from the Thomson modem if they programmed it , by a tool called ADSL account recovery provided by a user from lebgeeks, or you can use inspect element on the password if you have a tplink modem.

No, there is a way to do it, I've done it before when setting up my new router. There is a thread on LebGeeks that tells you how to do it. Don't recall exactly where. It's some kind of Chrome extension or the like.

#3442 March 14 2019

Ahmad Toutounji

dio wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

No, there is a way to do it, I've done it before when setting up my new router. There is a thread on LebGeeks that tells you how to do it. Don't recall exactly where. It's some kind of Chrome extension or the like.

Yes that's what i meant by "ADSL account recovery" but in my experience it only works with thomson.

#3443 March 28 2019

DNA

anyone experiencing slow single session downloads? nvidia drivers for example using firefox max 4.5Mbps
can someone please test

#3444 March 29 2019

Kareem

So... they ended up shifting all the work to Q3 2019 ? Very disappointing....

8418b7c2ec9025fa82226eb37405e621.png

#3445 March 29 2019

chosen2k

And they will shift again soon.

#3446 March 29 2019

mmk92

Come on guys, they're just trying to uphold some Lebanese stereotypes.

#3447 March 29 2019

chosen2k

No no we're having fun. In Q3 2019 the TBA list will double

Last edited by chosen2k (March 29 2019)

#3448 March 29 2019

xazbrat

I don't mind Ogero or anyone else having ambitious goals, but if you keep failing to meet them, credibility takes a hit.  They should be updating these a lot more frequently and them pushing everything to the 3rd quarter seems like an underling was told to delay them and pushed them to an area.

The centrale I am subscribed to was supposed to be connected in the 4th quarter of last year---now pushed to 3rd quarter and who knows after that.  Just stop making promises you can't keep.

#3449 March 30 2019

bobo619

Same here my central was expected to start offering FTTH Q4 2018 then pushed to Q1 2019 and now pushed to Q3. I even received an sms from my isp claiming that fiber is coming very soon to my area back in October 2018 and went to them and was asked to fill a form and pay a down payment of 40$. What a joke i just lost all hope of getting fiber this year so disapointing. They promise 10+ area per quarter to start offering fiber and then when the quarter comes to an end the 10 promised becomes 1 or 2.

Last edited by bobo619 (March 30 2019)

#3450 March 31 2019

Kareem

Well I think they realized that they can't keep lying so they went like that... .WHAT ON EARTH IS TBA ?  seriously ? And yeah I know it's to be announced but I'm giving up on this thing...

5a851ddad10fe18e3d8939d4b9c884ed.png

Last edited by Kareem (March 31 2019)

Board footer