LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3326 September 3 2018

Khalil7

Re: Feedback for Ogero

dio wrote:

Alright that's awful news for my router. Anyway, i hooked up the old Ogero and it works. It's also syncing at 14mb/s as opposed to 10mb/s of the old one. I don't know if its constant, or im going to get drop outs because I used to sync to ADSL2 instead of ADSL2+ on the VR400.

So who's to blame for this? Ogero? Faulty hardware?

well usually this kind of damage is caused by high voltage and in this case it's probably from the phone line, i can't blame ogero for that as this may be caused by interference with other power sources and the vr400 protection seems to be so weak for such situation.

#3327 September 3 2018

dio

Khalil7 wrote:
dio wrote:

Alright that's awful news for my router. Anyway, i hooked up the old Ogero and it works. It's also syncing at 14mb/s as opposed to 10mb/s of the old one. I don't know if its constant, or im going to get drop outs because I used to sync to ADSL2 instead of ADSL2+ on the VR400.

well usually this kind of damage is caused by high voltage and in this case it's probably from the phone line, i can't blame ogero for that as this may be caused by interference with other power sources and the vr400 protection seems to be so weak for such situation.

That makes sense, since im in an area where I constantly get drop-outs from interference. I hope my Ogero router doesn't fry too. Does a UPS help?

#3328 September 4 2018

xazbrat

dio wrote:
Khalil7 wrote:
dio wrote:

That makes sense, since im in an area where I constantly get drop-outs from interference. I hope my Ogero router doesn't fry too. Does a UPS help?

You need a surge protector that also protects the phone lines----people in other parts of the world use them mainly in case of lightning strikes (we do have them here too).  The caveat, is that that THEY MUST BE GROUNDED for it to really work, otherwise, the surge in the line will have nowhere to go.  If you house is grounded or you can find a way to do it, then go for it, otherwise, a UPS may help, but that is only against surges in the electric line, not the the phone line.

#3329 September 4 2018

dio

xazbrat wrote:
dio wrote:
Khalil7 wrote:

You need a surge protector that also protects the phone lines----people in other parts of the world use them mainly in case of lightning strikes (we do have them here too).  The caveat, is that that THEY MUST BE GROUNDED for it to really work, otherwise, the surge in the line will have nowhere to go.  If you house is grounded or you can find a way to do it, then go for it, otherwise, a UPS may help, but that is only against surges in the electric line, not the the phone line.

Thanks for the info.

#3330 September 5 2018

HooZ

Hey guys just to give you a quick update, fiber in bchamoun was successfully deployed but no one is able to register yet, i contacted ogero khalde for 2 weeks non stop and they keep telling me to call the week after, i contacted thepeople@ogero.gov.lb and they said they will contact the branch to enlist my number....
Lastly i tweeted Mr Imad Kreidiyye about the issue, he replied that they are now finalising the testing and he mentioned two women in the tweet to contact me, they called today to ask about the package i wanted and she told me that tomorrow she will notify me when they will come to setup the internet at my place

I applied for the 200gb open speed package & i have some questions if anyone could help
As I understood, if someone applies to an open speed package he will automatically get a VDSL package and not ADSL? Since the speeds the engineers showed me on the cabinet were around 100 Mbits
Or i should still send my info to corporate so that they send someone to do a feasibility test on the line or no need
Since it’s an FTTC connection..

And what modem should i get to replace the OGERO one once they come and install it,
I read in another thread that tplink VR900 is a good option & do i need to get a clearance from ogero to change the router or just get the default router login credentials from them and some basic configuration?

Thanks!

#3331 September 6 2018

Mayyad

HooZ wrote:

Hey guys just to give you a quick update, fiber in bchamoun was successfully deployed but no one is able to register yet, i contacted ogero khalde for 2 weeks non stop and they keep telling me to call the week after, i contacted thepeople@ogero.gov.lb and they said they will contact the branch to enlist my number....
Lastly i tweeted Mr Imad Kreidiyye about the issue, he replied that they are now finalising the testing and he mentioned two women in the tweet to contact me, they called today to ask about the package i wanted and she told me that tomorrow she will notify me when they will come to setup the internet at my place

I applied for the 200gb open speed package & i have some questions if anyone could help
As I understood, if someone applies to an open speed package he will automatically get a VDSL package and not ADSL? Since the speeds the engineers showed me on the cabinet were around 100 Mbits
Or i should still send my info to corporate so that they send someone to do a feasibility test on the line or no need

And what modem should i get to replace the OGERO one once they come and install it,
I read in another thread that tplink VR900 is a good option & do i need to get a clearance from ogero to change the router or just get the default router login credentials from them and some basic configuration?

Thanks!

Hi
When you are connected to fttc you can have both adsl or vdsl, i changed manually to vdsl once they upgraded to fttc in bchamoun on the same day, i called ogero and they told me to apply for vdsl and they have to test my line, but i just changed the modulation to vdsl by myself and it worked directly.
You can tell ogero that you want the vdsl router, it will cost about 100000 lbp, i didn't test it i have another router.
Ogero will not give you the account and the password, you have to get them manually or take the modem to mina el hoson to configure.
Vr900 is very good but in my opinion the asus dsl ac68u got more useful options with same price range.

Last edited by Mayyad (September 6 2018)

#3332 September 7 2018

HooZ

Mayyad wrote:
HooZ wrote:

Thanks!

Hi
When you are connected to fttc you can have both adsl or vdsl, i changed manually to vdsl once they upgraded to fttc in bchamoun on the same day, i called ogero and they told me to apply for vdsl and they have to test my line, but i just changed the modulation to vdsl by myself and it worked directly.
You can tell ogero that you want the vdsl router, it will cost about 100000 lbp, i didn't test it i have another router.
Ogero will not give you the account and the password, you have to get them manually or take the modem to mina el hoson to configure.
Vr900 is very good but in my opinion the asus dsl ac68u got more useful options with same price range.

they came and installed the Modem yesterday, i asked them what modulation is the modem they said VDSL
this is the model : technicolor DWA0100

they connected the cable but the broadband led kept on blinking, lol and no internet :(
they said it's not plug & play and that something needs to be done on the Active Cabinet..
i'll wait till Monday & get some feedback

How can i get the configuration manually? i'm ordering the ac68u from Amazon since i want to do some QOS filtering and other stuff

thanks!

Last edited by HooZ (September 7 2018)

#3333 September 7 2018

dio

HooZ wrote:
Mayyad wrote:
HooZ wrote:

Thanks!

Hi

they came and installed the Modem yesterday, i asked them what modulation is the modem they said VDSL

they connected the cable but the broadband led kept on blinking, lol and no internet :(
they said it's not plug & play and that something needs to be done on the Active Cabinet..

How can i get the configuration manually? i'm ordering the ac68u from Amazon since i want to do some QOS filtering and other stuff

thanks!

I dont get how people in Bchamoun are already getting set up with FTTC, meanwhile in Hamra, we applied over a year ago, and nothing.

#3334 September 7 2018

HooZ

dio wrote:
HooZ wrote:
Mayyad wrote:

Hi

thanks!

I dont get how people in Bchamoun are already getting set up with FTTC, meanwhile in Hamra, we applied over a year ago, and nothing.

I also don’t think people in Hamra were struggling with a 512K DSL connection for the past 20 years ...
They said that it was a geographically challenging area, so if they were able to connect Bchamoun other regions deployments will be much easier, and i also know that there are areas in Hamra with FTTH and not FTTC
You just have bad luck..

#3335 September 7 2018

dio

HooZ wrote:
dio wrote:
HooZ wrote:

thanks!

I also don’t think people in Hamra were struggling with a 512K DSL connection for the past 20 years ...
They said that it was a geographically challenging area, so if they were able to connect Bchamoun other regions deployments will be much easier, and i also know that there are areas in Hamra with FTTH and not FTTC
You just have bad luck..

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're getting the speeds you deserve, I'm just pissed off at Ogero for not following through completely as advertised. I don't know how why I'm surprised frankly.

Last edited by dio (September 7 2018)

#3336 September 8 2018

Mayyad

HooZ wrote:
Mayyad wrote:
HooZ wrote:

Thanks!

Hi

thanks!

Hi
Maybe because i was already subscribed to adsl i was able to change manually to vdsl, try to change the modulation to adsl and see if it connects, once i changed to vdsl it didn't work until i restsrted the router.
Pc and parts have the dsl-ac68u router, be carful there's two types of this router ( with/without dsl), I don't think you can extract the username and password from technicolor router anymore in the older versions it was possible.
When you get your new router take it to mina el hosson ogero and they will implement the username and password, once you go home you can extract the password with google chrome. You can see how on internet.

Last edited by Mayyad (September 8 2018)

#3337 September 26 2018

karimo

anyone else in saida having internet issues? since last friday i have almost no internet. called ogero and they sent a technician, found no issue so he told me to bring the router to the central and they found no issue with router then told me to get an electrician to check my phone lines. no issues with phone lines either. so what should i do now?

Last edited by karimo (September 26 2018)

#3338 September 26 2018

Doom

karimo wrote:

anyone else in saida having internet issues? since last friday i have almost no internet. called ogero and they sent a technician, found no issue so he told me to bring the router to the central and they found no issue with router then told me to get an electrician to check my phone lines. no issues with phone lines either. so what should i do now?

Re-contact Ogero, the technician should check your line from the box and from your home and check the difference to see if it's from the home wiring or from outisde.

#3339 September 27 2018

karimo

Maximum Line rate
up: 1.26 Mbps down: 16.06 Mbps
Line Rate
up: 1.02 Mbps  down:14.97 Mbps
Data Transferred
up: 0.04 MBytes  down:0.06 MBytes
Output Power
up: 12.3 dBm  down:18.8 dBm
Line Attenuation
up: 13.4 dB  down:27.0 dB
Noise Margin
up: 17.1 dB  down:10.0 dB

these are my dsl line stats from router gateway. can someone check if something is wrong with them?

from what i see i have good line stats, i even have good ping when pinging sites via CMD but yet nothing loads

#3340 September 27 2018

hkbazzi

karimo wrote:

Maximum Line rate
Line Rate
Data Transferred
Output Power
Line Attenuation
Noise Margin

these are my dsl line stats from router gateway. can someone check if something is wrong with them?

from what i see i have good line stats, i even have good ping when pinging sites via CMD but yet nothing loads

Looks good

#3341 September 28 2018

Doom

karimo wrote:

Maximum Line rate
Line Rate
Data Transferred
Output Power
Line Attenuation
Noise Margin

Then it might be from your computer? Or the DNS server? Have you tried using an ethernet cable?

#3342 September 29 2018

dio

My net has been weird tonight, besides the frequent disconnects every 30 minutes, Speedtest shows ~14 mb/s. But im getting loads of packet loss on Dota 2, and when I try to download anything it downloads at like 5kb/s, then goes to 0. I'm in Hamra.

Also, YouTube is fast as hell, 1080p streaming no problem, yet everything else is so slow. Getting lots of "Request timed out" on pinging lux.valve.net.

Now this is happening.

Ping test

Last edited by dio (October 1 2018)

#3343 October 2 2018

dio

No thoughts on the above? feelsbadman

#3344 October 2 2018

Adnan

The reason for your timeouts is political corruption.

#3345 October 2 2018

dio

Adnan wrote:

Is there something I can buy like a phone filter for that?

#3346 October 2 2018

xazbrat

dio wrote:
Adnan wrote:

To check if your filters are bad--unplug all of the phones and filters and use a straight connection to the outlet with your modem.  If it is the same, then try another phone jack and if the same, then probably not from internal wiring and ignore next step.  Plug in filters and see if you can replicate the problem--if you see the problem, swap out the filter for another one until you find one that works (I have over a dozen myself---only 2 work).  I you still have a problem, then try connecting directly to phone line down in electric room or where ever it enters the building---if it is clean, there may be an issue with the wiring to your house or interference on the way there.  If not clean, then call ogero and see if they can do anything

And for whatever reason, I am connecting to youtube at 1080p too, but my speed is a paltry 2mb (1.8 mb usually).  They may have done something like added local caching services or something, and there is no lag either.  I can finish a video with no problems and don't have to wait for a video to load either.  Really odd.

#3347 October 2 2018

dio

xazbrat wrote:
dio wrote:
Adnan wrote:

To check if your filters are bad--unplug all of the phones and filters and use a straight connection to the outlet with your modem.  If it is the same, then try another phone jack and if the same, then probably not from internal wiring and ignore next step.  Plug in filters and see if you can replicate the problem--if you see the problem, swap out the filter for another one until you find one that works (I have over a dozen myself---only 2 work).  I you still have a problem, then try connecting directly to phone line down in electric room or where ever it enters the building---if it is clean, there may be an issue with the wiring to your house or interference on the way there.  If not clean, then call ogero and see if they can do anything

And for whatever reason, I am connecting to youtube at 1080p too, but my speed is a paltry 2mb (1.8 mb usually).  They may have done something like added local caching services or something, and there is no lag either.  I can finish a video with no problems and don't have to wait for a video to load either.  Really odd.

The 'filter' was a joke by the way.

The main issue it's not constant. It sometimes works fine for hours.

#3348 October 12 2018

dio

What is up with Ogero having bursts of customer support? Is this their tactic for dragging out a problem they have no solution for? They talk to me for a couple of days, ask me to do stuff, i do them, then they just stop talking for weeks, until enough time passes that I have to repeat everything over again.

#3349 October 20 2018

Shlagem

dio wrote:

My net has been weird tonight, besides the frequent disconnects every 30 minutes, Speedtest shows ~14 mb/s. But im getting loads of packet loss on Dota 2, and when I try to download anything it downloads at like 5kb/s, then goes to 0. I'm in Hamra.

Also, YouTube is fast as hell, 1080p streaming no problem, yet everything else is so slow. Getting lots of "Request timed out" on pinging lux.valve.net.

Now this is happening.

https://i.imgur.com/v40oXGr.jpg

I have the exact same problem but I don't usually ping my router anymore. I ping google servers most of the time and when it is consistent I get ~72ms . But I'm having a lot of timeouts like you.  and those 1000+ ms spikes. I came here to see if others are facing the same and only your post was here with a similar problem. Did not even attempted to waste my time and call Ogero.

#3350 October 28 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

Does anyone have any news about ftth setup from ogero yet?

Board footer