LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 December 6 2011

MegaCool

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

I can't even download the patch, Origin doesn't freaking detects it, it says the size is 0KB and ends up with a loop of BS attempts to download with no success.

#102 December 6 2011

Firas

can you download it from a different site?

#103 December 6 2011

omarmasri

I like that the Back to Karkand is from the psn we can do it whenever we want and pause it whenever we want haha I will do it in 2 days tomorrow and after tomorrow form 7am till 3pm it will be done cool

#104 December 6 2011

AvoK95

AVOlio wrote:

Hey Guys  i need help with this for the PS3 owners.   

When i am downloading the new 1.02  767 Mb update patch, it gave me "ps3-error-code-80710723" many times,it was reaching 20 % first time, then 50 % and the same error. And a couple of times other than that.

I googled it and i turned off Media Server, but i still got the error after that.

Did any of you ps3 owner guys had the same error ?! And how did you manage to download the patch ?!

Your ISP is shutting down the download making it fail. Download it after 12AM

#105 December 6 2011

AVOlio

What about this new "Back to Karakand" patch ?! what is it about ?! i havnt playes the previous battlefield's that much (except battlefield 2 so few times) so i dont know what is it .

Can anyone give us a general idea what is it . What comes with it bla bla

#106 December 6 2011

Transporter

My patch was 4.2 GB guys, it is mandatory of course so I downloaded it today, I have read that it is 2GB I dont know why mine stated 4.2, I hope that during the installation it jumps at some part but it didnt  I consumed 4.2 GB from my quota for this and it is visible already on my account stats, the bad part I have to do it from my brother's PC but on the bright side I can copy about 3.6 GB of files from my PC to his and the rest will be downloaded, I read it officially on the battlefield 3 blog that this patch contains the B2K files that's why its big, and even those who didnt buy the DLC will download it (but wont use unless they buy and activate it), so yea eventually I did download the patch (متل الشاطر ).

@AVOlio check this: http://bf3blog.com/ there is plenty of screenshots, videos and explanations about the Back To Karkand, briefly this DLC contains maps from BF2 that have been redesigned to work with Frostbite 2 and also some BF2 weapons and vehicules.

#107 December 6 2011

ibxoful

plz use my method which allows you to download the game patch on pc with a much faster speed and the ability to pause and resume, here if you have any questions feel free to ask at that thread

Last edited by ibxoful (December 6 2011)

#108 December 6 2011

ILIA_93

I don't know how you managed to download the 4.2 GB transporter but I've being waiting since 7PM till now and I'll stop at 38% for today, so that will be 2 other day just downloading.
Never mind, I wanted to now if you had to download some big english files or just a couple of MBs like last time, to run it in English?

#109 December 6 2011

Transporter

Well I did it between 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM and finished it, now I tried to copy some files to my brother's PC it didnt work :S I have to download it for my bro too.
As for the english missing english files after patching download it from here : http://www.multiupload.com/Y1AMDDVZ4T  (Dont worry its only 2 MB ).

#110 December 7 2011

Firas

wow stupid problem happened again, i left it downloading and went to work, i came back to discover that 49% were downloaded, when i pressed resume it reset to 10%

edit: waste of 2gb quota, stupid

Last edited by Firas (December 7 2011)

#111 December 7 2011

ILIA_93

Firas wrote:

wow stupid problem happened again, i left it downloading and went to work, i came back to discover that 49% were downloaded, when i pressed resume it reset to 10%

Same here, god damn it :(. Starting from 10% again, I will never shut the PC down, until the download is complete, i connected my modem to the ups for the first time just for this BS. I'm almost ready to forget BF3.

#112 December 7 2011

MegaCool

ILIA_93 wrote:
Firas wrote:

Same here, god damn it :(. Starting from 10% again, I will never shut the PC down, until the download is complete, i connected my modem to the ups for the first time just for this BS. I'm almost ready to forget BF3.

I had to connect to a VPN because of this shit called Origin to download the patch and when it reached %40 I paused it for five minutes then pressed resume only to reset back to 0&, so yeah I wasted around 1.5GB worth of download. Thank you EA, I think I'm uninstalling.

Last edited by MegaCool (December 7 2011)

#113 December 7 2011

AVOlio

Damn, i cant seem to even download the 767 MB  PS3 update patch, and you guys are talking about the game add-on's  that are 4 GB sized !!

Im starting the download, leaving the ps3 on and going to college, when i come back, the ps3 is turned off (maybe it turns off by itself after staying on for long without using it) but anyway i turn it on again,but the download is not done yet !!  Im entering the game its still asking me for the update !

I dont know whats wrong ! But i bet that maybe its that same error i had before "ps3-error-code-80710723"

Question guys, for ps3, when im downloading the update patch, and while the download process my connection gets lost (i mean it disconnects you know how internet is in Lebanon, it disconnects and you connect it again)  will the download process be canceled or the ps3 figures it out on its own and waits for the connection to be back and continue the download ??!   Maybe thats my problem ?! ?!

Last edited by AVOlio (December 7 2011)

#114 December 7 2011

MegaCool

AVOlio wrote:

Damn, i cant seem to even download the 767 MB  PS3 update patch, and you guys are talking about the game add-on's  that are 4 GB sized !!

Im starting the download, leaving the ps3 on and going to college, when i come back, the ps3 is turned off (maybe it turns off by itself after staying on for long without using it) but anyway i turn it on again,but the download is not done yet !!  Im entering the game its still asking me for the update !

I dont know whats wrong ! But i bet that maybe its that same error i had before "ps3-error-code-80710723"

Question guys, for ps3, when im downloading the update patch, and while the download process my connection gets lost (i mean it disconnects you know how internet is in Lebanon, it disconnects and you connect it again)  will the download process be canceled or the ps3 figures it out on its own and waits for the connection to be back and continue the download ??!   Maybe thats my problem ?! ?!

If Origin on PC can't even resume download for crying out loud (another blatant Fuck You EA), then I don't expect it's possible on the PS3. And this 4GB update is mandatory for us on PC otherwise there is no way to play.

Last edited by MegaCool (December 7 2011)

#115 December 7 2011

Firas

it's not EA's fault that we have the shittiest internet on planet earth (yes its the worst according to studies) i found in some forums the other day a dude crying cause his ISP charged $0.1 for every  1gb he consumed, and his 150GB monthly quota is not enough. he should come here to stop nagging

#116 December 7 2011

ibxoful

nvm ;d

Last edited by ibxoful (December 7 2011)

#117 December 8 2011

Firas

Another 3.2GB waste this morning due to electricity fail, EA and Origin are very stupid.

#118 December 8 2011

MegaCool

Firas wrote:

Another 3.2GB waste this morning due to electricity fail, EA and Origin are very stupid.

Here you go man download it from here, Origin is a piece of shit.

http://falcon-webserver.no-ip.org/BF3pa … -patch.rar

#119 December 8 2011

Firas

Thanks mate :)

edit: just copy the files to update folder?

Last edited by Firas (December 8 2011)

#120 December 9 2011

MegaCool

Firas wrote:

Thanks mate :)

edit: just copy the files to update folder?

I guess so, I haven't tried it myself since electricity have been cut for two straight days where I live. Let me know if it worked for you.

#121 December 10 2011

omarmasri

guys watch this Great video

Last edited by omarmasri (December 10 2011)

#122 December 11 2011

Transporter

@omarmasri awesome video indeed ;)

@ MegaCool and Firas, I am not trying to burst your bubble but as I mentioned before I have done the patch on my PC (4.2 GB) then copied the update folder from my PC to my brother's PC which but unfortunately Origin ignored it and started the update from scratch, I tried many times but eventually gave up and did it.
I have also downloaded (At work this time ) the offline patch MegaCool posted and will give it to my cousin because he has Ogero 1 Mbps and cant afford at all a 4.2 GB patch, I will let you know how it goes with him, also if someone tries it before let me know too.
PS: In our case I am talking about BF3 Standard edition and Limited Edition (Russian).

#123 December 11 2011

AVOlio

@Omarmasri  yeaaa Dude thats a freakin amaziing awweesome video !  Of course it was easy for the dude who Did it , because he was playing on PC .  Lets see him do that on PS3 . !

Anyway. I finally updated the V 1.02 patch .  And i saw that there is a new game DLC, Back to karakand.
My BF3 is not limited edition, so i have to pay for it ? Right ?

If i do have to pay, Lets say i did purchase it, how will the download of that huge 4 GB be done on ps3 ?!  Like the Patch , or it might be resumable ?!

Last edited by AVOlio (December 11 2011)

#124 December 11 2011

cmwic

hey transporter
first u have to delete everything in the update folder then copy the files u downloaded to the update folder and run origin if it ignored the files then right click on bf3 icon in origin and choose repair install .
then origin will check the files u copied and it will work.

#125 December 11 2011

AVOlio

Guys,  is it just me or the BF3 servers seem to have something wrong ?! malfunction or something ! cause im getting disconnected from every match today !!  (sunday 11)    Never happened to me before ! (thiiis muuch )

Board footer