LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 November 22 2011

ILIA_93

Re: Battlefield - Game Thread

So everyone, I wish you all have a 772.8MB quota in reserve for the 1st BF3 patch. The patch included a lot of fixes, but wait, there's more, the list include:

You should now get a better error message when being disconnected via Battlelog

Well see the fixed bugs list here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=216429

#77 November 22 2011

The-MMMs

the battlefield games are notoriously know for their large patches

eg. bad company 2 is sitting in my steam list with a 2GB update :l

#78 November 22 2011

ILIA_93

WARNING!!!
Russian Key Owners...

When you'll patch the BF3, origin will update in Russian, so the English files aren't updated, which causes for me, and everyone with RU version changed to English, a black screen when joining.
If you experienced this, and you will, just download these updated English 1.1 files, and paste them, I didn't tried this, but surely will do when I'm on my desktop.

#79 November 22 2011

cmwic

The patch is 400mb not 772mb i updated today

#80 November 22 2011

Transporter

ILIA is right guys, about the RU version owner, to play Battlefield today I had to install the patch (Its mandatory) so I did let Origin download the 772 MB patch and install it and in order to play the game I had to revert the game to RU via registery:

32 bit PC:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 3]
64 bit PC:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node \Electronic Arts\Battlefield 3]

1.JPG

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Games\DGR01609244]

Just replace the en_US with ru_RU and your game will run patched but in russian version, if you wish to play it in english you will have to download the english files manually and tweak the registry back to english, I will do it as soon as someone upload the EN patch files (If someone has a link somewhere of the files please post), right now I am playing it in Russians, with no problems I already know each key blindly

Last edited by Transporter (December 4 2011)

#81 November 22 2011

ILIA_93

Transporter wrote:

ILIA is right guys, about the RU version owner, to play Battlefield today I had to install the patch (Its mandatory) so I did let Origin download the 772 MB patch and install it and in order to play the game I had to revert the game to RU via registery:

32 bit PC:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 3]
64 bit PC:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node \Electronic Arts\Battlefield 3]

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/battlefield-3-origin/1.JPG

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Games\DGR01609244]

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/battlefield-3-origin/2.JPG

Just replace the en_US with ru_RU and your game will run patched but in russian version, if you wish to play it in english you will have to download the english files manually and tweak the registry back to english, I will do it as soon as someone upload the EN patch files (If someone has a link somewhere of the files please post), right now I am playing it in Russians, with no problems I already know each key blindly

I'm sooooooooooooo stupid. thank u, ur welcome. o.O

arghhhhhhhhhhh, i forgot to paste the link, here u go transporter:  http://download1407.mediafire.com/zo7uc … ch+1.1.rar

as i read, same registery, just replace these files with the new ones. didn't tried it yet. will do as soon as possible.

Last edited by ILIA_93 (November 22 2011)

#82 November 22 2011

AVOlio

Battlefield 3 Online via PS3/PSN  is soo freaaakin awesome !  i played the first three co-op missions. its so greaat/perfect. And with no single freezing/glitch/lag. !  Even tho im not used to joystick in these kinda game,But i MASTERED flying the chopper ! i mastered it before on battlefield 2 (on pc) so i know some stuff about it,but anyway i mastered it on joystick aswell !  i hope i can play well with jets also (i didnt fly any yet) but i wasnt that good in flying jets on PC tho

#83 November 22 2011

Transporter

Many thanks ILIA_93 with the files you posted I reverted back to English :)

#84 November 23 2011

RyanAn

Transporter wrote:
RyanAn wrote:

Hey guys, can someone please answer my above question about bf3 compatiblity on the pc ?

Also, where can I get it an original key or the original game from?

I have the cracked version on my pc, is it better to just get the original key ?

Thanks,
Ryan

You can try to play the campaign  if everything runs good it will run good in Multiplayer, I have a E8400 Core 2 Duo + GTX 260 VGA and I play it on Medium runs smoothly from the beginning of the match to the end, my brother have an E6600 + 9600 GT OC he runs on low graphics and resolution 1366*768 he also have no problem at all, those who have a "not so powerfull PC" like me and my bro you should forget about "high & ultra" and enjoy the game at low & medium setting which is not bad at all, in fact I am playing BF3 everyday, I come back from work and play it 2-3 or 4 hours and it is an awesome game, in addition my brother and I only play on 64 players server (We have Wise 4 Mbps) there is no "internet lag" at all, ping is constant (90-95 ms).
Now for those who still dont have the game and are in doubt about buying it I can tell you I have bought 4 copies of the game so far for me, my bro and my 2 cousins , 2 copies Limited edition (RU) and 2 copies standard edition (RU), there is no problem at all with the RU version so far, even after you convert it to english it runs as it is supposed to run.
Rayan you can buy a CD Key only from online stores and redeem it in origin and download the game, you can skip a lot of download time by copying some files from the pirated game to the origin folder, you can check older posts in this topic and the other topic describing the things that should be done, also you can buy it from PCandparts or if you have a credit card you can do like me and buy from where I bought it, I bought last saturday the 4th copy for my cousin for 28$ (RU version) using moneybookers.

Thanks Alot bro,

Will be buying it from pc and parts the russian version and interchange it to english through the posts u guys linked "Battlefield 3 (Russian) + Language Changer (Region Free) EA Origin Key
Note: This version of Battlefield 3 is in Russian language and interchangeable to English language.

$32.00TTC"
That's the price from pc and parts 4 $ difference not a big deal since I don't have a credit card, how many days does it usually take them to ship it to me ?

Thanks,
Ryan

#85 November 23 2011

yasamoka

@ Transporter: I have a GTX 260 too...OCed to 729/1458/999, I can play on high with a BARE minimum of 26FPS (when it's literally dying) and usually minimum of 28FPS, running average in the low 30s and sometimes low 40s, inside buildings and narrow pathways, and less heavy maps, high 30s, and as high as 55FPS. On high it looks gorgeous, and I'm of the type who can't stand to play an FPS at close to 30fps (I can't play CoD except at 60FPS, for example), I have found Battlefield 3 to be indeed very smooth even close to 30fps, almost same as Crysis if you have played it and remember (Crysis 1 at 30fps was much smoother than Crysis 2 at 30fps). However, like Bad Company 2, unfortunately, the game does NOT get raw mouse input like it says. It still applies its own ballistics, which I sometimes dislike (yet it's much more tolerable than before), and people have already complained about negative acceleration. I have not yet even found a 1:1 mouse sensitivity setting that gives perfect pixel accuracy, let alone eliminate deceleration that happens when you turn too fast. However, CoD, for example, has no such problems.

Nevertheless, BF3 is FAR more satisfying and enjoyable than CoD.

EDIT: @Transporter: This is, of course, with HBAO turned off. It needlessly wastes resources for a tiny improvement to graphics. In my opinion, this, along with AA, should be the last options one enables, and only after he has solid performance and is ready to sacrifice some.

@Ryan: I recommend you go for the Limited Edition with the Back to Karkand map expansion. The maps in BF3 are nothing short of amazing, but they are limited, in my opinion. Back to Karkand may give you more satisfaction, especially if you've played Battlefield 2 and want to remember the good old days (I didn't play it much). It's also available at pcandparts, even if it's not listed. Check its price, though.

Last edited by yasamoka (November 23 2011)

#86 November 23 2011

md1
Banned

A problem with the new update of bf3 after i update the game my anti-virus tell me that the new update is a virus and windows do not let me join the game , some one have the same problem?[SOLVED]

Last edited by md1 (November 23 2011)

#87 November 23 2011

mezin

AVOlio wrote:

Who here (generally in Lebanon) plays Battlefield 3 on PSN online ?!

I do, not from leb though

#88 November 26 2011

Transporter

Nice details yasamoka, though I did not get into the details like you, I did not even install fraps or anything else to measure the FPS, because I am more than satisfied of what I am getting :)
Btw as you all know the Origin have privacy issues, anyone using the crack that lets you play BF3 without launching Origin (I mean those who have the legit game) ? because it is getting creepier, my brother have an SCC pirated Fifa 2012, when he plays Fifa 12 origin shows a small popup for me stating that my brother is now Playing Fifa 12 ... wtf ??? I mean its ok when it tells me my bro is now playing Battlefield 3 (because we have it legit) but Origin detecting a pirated game (installed using SCC custom installshield installer) that's weird.

#89 December 2 2011

ILIA_93

If you're a BF3 player, it's time to do this

oh-noes.gif

if you don't have a free quota at night:
a big huge 2GB worth of update beast is coming towards all the clients, at 8 december 8AM GMT, which sets the game up and install some features for the back to karakand expansion, even if you're not getting it, i guess you'll need to play on 1% of the servers, that didn't update.
So have fun in these 5 days, and get ready to panic, and i'll take 8.8$ out of my wallet for this 2 GB download, and god knows how much for the expansion.

#90 December 3 2011

AVOlio

unforgiven wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Hey, maybe we can play together sometime man,  after i manage to download this new Huuuge 767 MB patch (V1.02) wtf? add my psn  its SupremeGamer10 (Dont cancel the invitation after you send it,it may take me a while to accept it)

Anyway guys, i just updated my PS3 software version to V4.00 !  And just now i wanted to play some BF3 online, and WTF its asking me to download a new patch (V 1.02) 767 MB sized ! what kind of internet do they think we have? Anyway, is there anyway that i can download this new ps3 patch on my laptop and then install it on my PS3 ? (resumable download of course )

#91 December 4 2011

mezin

AVOlio wrote:
unforgiven wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Hey, maybe we can play together sometime man,  after i manage to download this new Huuuge 767 MB patch (V1.02)   WTF ????!!    add my psn  its SupremeGamer10    (Dont cancel the invitation after you send it,it may take me a while to accept it)

Anyway Guys, i just updated my PS3 software version to V4.00 !  And just now i wanted to play some BF3 online, and WTF its asking me to download a new patch (V 1.02) 767 MB sized ! what kind of internet do they think we have !?!?!       Anyway, is there anyway that i can download this new ps3 patch on my laptop and then install it on my PS3 ?!  (resumable download of course )

Yea you can do that but apparently it didn't work for you in the other thread ... good luck i guess i added you i'm mezin

#92 December 4 2011

AVOlio

mezin wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
unforgiven wrote:

Hey, maybe we can play together sometime man,  after i manage to download this new Huuuge 767 MB patch (V1.02)   WTF ????!!    add my psn  its SupremeGamer10    (Dont cancel the invitation after you send it,it may take me a while to accept it)

Anyway Guys, i just updated my PS3 software version to V4.00 !  And just now i wanted to play some BF3 online, and WTF its asking me to download a new patch (V 1.02) 767 MB sized ! what kind of internet do they think we have !?!?!       Anyway, is there anyway that i can download this new ps3 patch on my laptop and then install it on my PS3 ?!  (resumable download of course )

Yea you can do that but apparently it didn't work for you in the other thread ... good luck i guess i added you i'm mezin

Yea man, i dont know, i guess i have no choice but to download it on PS3.  Now my quota is not a problem,i got cable internet,its unlimited. but with a limited speed aswell (20-30 kbps download rate). My problem is the electricity cuts ! i dont have a UPS to keep the ps3 on, and we dont have Motor (ishtirak) aswell ! Daam !!
But if you have added me on PSN, do not cancel the invitation man. it might take me a while to accept it. In the end after i add you and install the patch, maybe we can kick some trolls behinds online

Last edited by AVOlio (December 4 2011)

#93 December 6 2011

md1
Banned

Anyone know why i have the new update 3.9 GB ?

#94 December 6 2011

Firas

wow i came home from work only to discover the patch is up, its btk expansion pack and couple of fixes, lol my quota is over with 1 patch, gg lebanon

#95 December 6 2011

WizaRd

Back to Karkand patch for PS3 is ~1.3GB from PSN store.

If you haven't got last week's patch 1.02 update, then add a 767MB on top of that

#96 December 6 2011

MegaCool

We're doomed, 3.9GB, you kidding me DICE? Oh well why would they care when they have 100Mbps Intenetz in Sweden?

#97 December 6 2011

AVOlio

Hey Guys  i need help with this for the PS3 owners.   

When i am downloading the new 1.02  767 Mb update patch, it gave me "ps3-error-code-80710723" many times,it was reaching 20 % first time, then 50 % and the same error. And a couple of times other than that.

I googled it and i turned off Media Server, but i still got the error after that.

Did any of you ps3 owner guys had the same error ?! And how did you manage to download the patch ?!

#98 December 6 2011

ILIA_93

WTF! Are you kidding me. 4.2GB. WHAT! This update is more than my whole free allowed quota. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..

So is that it? or still the expansion will take another 4GB!!!

#99 December 6 2011

WizaRd

@AVOlio, I left it running all the night and woke up with the patch downloaded and installed.

#100 December 6 2011

Firas

wow i downloaded like 1.5gb then the download reset to 0? lol wtf

Board footer