LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 11 2011

Bassem

Dart, a new programming language by Google

Breaking news: Google to unveil World News at GOTO Aarhus. The whole world will be on alert when Google presents a new programming language "Dart" in the opening keynote speak on conference monday. Join us and GOTO Aarhus and get all the details.

Source

#2 September 11 2011

m.sabra

Re: Dart, a new programming language by Google

Search engine,maps,mobile OS,social network,video sharing,translator,email service,web browser,Blog host,mobile phones,image organizer,advertising,DNS server,online payment.,docs,calendar....and now a programming language,Google simply ruling the world.
(check all products here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products it's really insane)

#3 September 11 2011

khalil13

m.sabra wrote:

Search engine,maps,mobile OS,social network,video sharing,translator,email service,web browser,Blog host,mobile phones,image organizer,advertising,DNS server,online payment.,docs,calendar....and now a programming language,Google simply ruling the world.
(check all products here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products it's really insane)

Ther is also a google car and a google bicylce for recording google maps street views, and google nexus phone, what else?

#4 September 11 2011

m.sabra

khalil13 wrote:

and google nexus phone, what else?

i mentioned mobile phones,what else ? Chrome OS,shrinking URL,Google Voice...dude they have tons of services.

#5 September 11 2011

Monkey D. Luffy

Google is the king of the net it seems
Not very concerned about programming and stuff but I'm curious to know your feedback guys
PS: For those who don't know I'm in medical school

#6 September 11 2011

BashLogic

because of googles dominancy, I have commenced restructuring my vps and deploying new applications to replace google dependency. i created a gmail account so that no one could fake my id. now it is in daily use, hence being used other than what
initially was thought as for.

i am going to replace google mail with zimbra. it was a touch choice between zimbra and zarafa but i chose to go with zimbra because of the way it is bundled and broad features. I had some challenges on installing zimbra on a vps+centos but after debugging and googling, i finally resolved its deployment. right now i am reinstalling the vps for actual deployment. (never use your testing environment straight of into production.)

#7 September 11 2011

m0ei

you also forgot that Google has their own Church and religio, they even provided proofs. lol
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

Last edited by m0ei (September 11 2011)

#8 September 11 2011

Bassem

It hasn't been officially announced yet, so it's a little early to sing Dart's praises. Let's see what it's about.

#9 September 11 2011

m.sabra

m0ei wrote:

you also forgot that Google has their own Church and religio, they even provided proofs. lol
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

it's all a part of the Google plan  the last 4 steps of the plan are:declare a country,start printing money,rule the world,and finally...change the planet name to Google  .

#10 September 12 2011

Georges

m.sabra wrote:

Too many skilled employees, too much free time and too much money = too many free products.
Too many skilled employees, too much free time and too much money + 1 Man = More money.
What's the benefit if Apple (which has way less products to sell) is making way more money.

Last edited by Georges (September 12 2011)

#11 September 12 2011

xterm

Georges wrote:

What's the benefit if Apple (which has way less products to sell) is making way more money.

Good question, my guess is, more free products, more people using them.
more people using your products, larger and dedicated user-base
large user-base, better future.

#12 September 12 2011

Georges

xterm wrote:
Georges wrote:

Good question, my guess is, more free products, more people using them.
more people using your products, larger and dedicated user-base
large user-base, better future.

True, but don't you think that once google starts charging its dedicated user-base for using the services, no one will be using them. (Example: Will you use picasa for 5$/month ? I definitely won't.)

Apple also has a brighter future. They release great products, and they make money. Google misses the second part.

Please note that i'm not defending Apple against Google in any way (and i will not at any time). I still hate Apple (i have my own reasons that i'm not going to discuss here) and love Google. But instead, i'm talking from a pure point of view.

#13 September 12 2011

xterm

Yes correct, but Google is weighing properly. What requires costly resources (manpower or infrastructure) are being recuperated from either ads or corporate services. Consider the use of appengine for example, you can use it with limited resources for free. This is an incentive especially since you're deploying on the google infrastructure but when you start using more resources (meaning your app is generating traffic and thus you're generating money) you simply will need to purchase more (and you'll gladly pay for more)

Edit : Remember it costs Apple way more to build their products than it does Google.

Last edited by xterm (September 12 2011)

Board footer