LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 7 2011

sinjer

Looking for a web coder

Hey,

Looking for a web coder to work on a project, in exchange im willing to give a percentage of ownership to the coder. Project has huge potential.

Send me a private message if interested!

Cheers!

#2 September 7 2011

samer
Admin

Re: Looking for a web coder

Hi sinjer,
Please include more details about the project.

#3 September 8 2011

sinjer

not really able to unless a non disclosure agreement is signed .... as i said, i think it has huge potential and can revolutionize our industry... off course it is related to e-commerce and it targets lebanon and im really hands on regarding marketing, promoting and finding big investors for the project...

our problem in the country is that we need baby steps inorder to get familiarized with a certain trend (e-commerce) which happens to be a multi billion dollar industry.... inorder to solve the problem, we need to find appropriate baby steps that teaches the user to start taking things more seriously online by conducting transactions online VS addressing certain needs in everyday life... and my concept really addresses that matter, and will apply baby steps to reach its full potential... knowing very well the restrictions that the country has and the limited intelectual capabilities lebos have

#4 September 8 2011

khalil13

the limited intelectual capabilities lebos have

Excuse me? Please clear your point because it can be misunderstood!
And second, if you are affraid to share the concept of your site in case someone steals the idea, keep in mind that if you say the idea here you would be kind of registering it! Because we would know that it belongs to you, take care !

#5 September 9 2011

samer
Admin

And second, if you are afraid to share the concept of your site in case someone steals the idea, keep in mind that if you say the idea here you would be kind of registering it! Because we would know that it belongs to you, take care !

Two things to note:

(1) An idea alone is useless. It's the execution that matters most. People who are good enough to execute your idea are likely to be already busy with something else. There are rare cases where actually talking about the idea has a worse outcome than not talking about it.

(2) I don't think talking about an idea "registers" it. The first guy who talked about a device that would allow you to communicate half-way across the world is unlikely to be Alexander Graham Bell even though he was the one that came up with the first usable phone. Yet, we don't say Bell stole an idea already "registered" by whomever talked about it first.

I think we're getting a bit off-topic here. Let's leave this topic to people interested in working with Sinjer.

#6 September 9 2011

sinjer

khalil13 wrote:

And second, if you are affraid to share the concept of your site in case someone steals the idea, keep in mind that if you say the idea here you would be kind of registering it! Because we would know that it belongs to you, take care !

by that i mean: some of us "Lebanese" - actually most of us - have limited intelectual abilities and social norms of a zoo monkey. Meaning, we never take things seriously, and only those of us who are, are successful.
to most of this country, the internet is just a place to post pictures, see friends, connect on fb. When its far beyond that, and i dnt blame the lebanese society, i blame the puppet masters that made us not give a shit and focus our energie somewhere else.

i mean, most visited websites in europe or the us are ebay, amazon, google.
in lebanon its tayar.org and ouwet and other political websites. its on Alexa.
What, are we stupid ? what's missing ? we can have a huge industry out of the internet, especially since there are so many users! and this all goes to my point. we're un cultured.

And regarding my idea, it is still a risk for me to post it, especially since im doing a legit business out of it, better keep it close by and not allow anyone who might be good at execution beat me to it.

<admin edit: please don't post arabic in latin characters. Read the etiquette>

#7 September 9 2011

vic

samer wrote:

(2) I don't think talking about an idea "registers" it. The first guy who talked about a device that would allow you to communicate half-way across the world is unlikely to be Alexander Graham Bell even though he was the one that came up with the first usable phone. Yet, we don't say Bell stole an idea already "registered" by whomever talked about it first.

Actually... that's a really bad example.

#8 September 9 2011

samer
Admin

@vic: Ha, I guess I hit the exception rather than the rule. However, my point stands. Gray and Bell did not "register" the idea by merely talking about it (as suggested by khalil13), they filed a patent.

#9 September 9 2011

jsaade

if any person can execute an idea by simply thinking about it then we should all be rich.
I have one million great ideas, sadly thinking is one thing and execution is another.
What I mean is actually, if you are going to make the next big e-commerce site that can compete internationally, then you should have the funds, or you will end up with an immature project (we do have a lot of e-commerce in lebanon). And believe me talking from experience, you cannot compete.

#10 September 9 2011

sinjer

im not looking to be international... im satisfied with the middle east and the huge potential we have .... since our internet usage rate is the highest and fastest growing in the world...
Funds are not a problem, once the logistics and script is ready, especially for a marketer like myself.... I do events, promote and produce, i acquire big and small sponsorships all the time and the current need for companies to sell sell sell is my funding... as i will give them a new and cheaper way to sell sell sell...

and investors are another way to get funding for something that has big potential and again, those are not hard to find if your determined and have a good tool in your hand.

and no i dont think we have ecommerce in lebanon... the law was studied for but never drafted ... there are no companies conducting e-commerce and if there was they are too small and unproductive or they are not addressing the needs that really generate money... there is no competition in lebanon... the middle east on a larger scale offcourse, but in Lebanon there is no competition... Amazon.com is in top 40 top visited websites in lebanon according to alexa ... there is potential we just need to harnest it more!

Although a good start to that was cobone beirut, gosawa beirut, go nabbit, mizala ... but again, non of them is addressing the real needs of consumer and of companies .... thats where i come in...

I ask simple questions: what do we want ? why would we want it ? how can we get it  ? why wouldnt we go with the alternative ?
and i answer these questions with platforms and products and ways to create my competitive advantage.
well hopefully offcourse :)

#11 September 12 2011

patrick

sinjer wrote:
khalil13 wrote:

by that i mean: some of us "Lebanese" - actually most of us - have limited intelectual abilities and social norms of a zoo monkey. Meaning, we never take things seriously, and only those of us who are, are successful.

[/i]

LULZ.

I'm willing to bet you've never lived abroad.
Most lebanese people I know managed to be ranked top in their promotion without any noticeable effort. Last time I checked, zoo monkeys couldn't do that.

So please spare us your ridiculous intellectual philosophies and keep your focus on your "genius" idea.

Good luck with your site.

#12 September 13 2011

samer
Admin

Locking this before it turns into a flamewar.

Board footer