LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 February 24 2011

nuclearcat

Re: Ogero DSL (Blink)... You've been hacked

Probably during negotiation it will use cipher/type that client will prefer.

#27 March 2 2011

Kassem

I finally got to login to my router's configuration! It was configured to use WEP. I changed it to WPA-PSK with AES as the encryption method.

#28 March 2 2011

GreenM

why not WPA2-PSK?

#29 March 2 2011

dan961

Kassem wrote:

I finally got to login to my router's configuration!

How?

#30 March 2 2011

Kassem

Samer99 wrote:

You don't need the Administrator username or password to be able to change the SSID and the WEP/WPA keys, just login as a User (Username: user / Password: user)...

I did that. Previously, it never worked, but today it did. Lucky maybe?

GreenM wrote:

why not WPA2-PSK?

No idea. I just know that WPA is good so I chose it. Also read that WPA2 is no different from WPA except that it enforces the usage of AES as the encryption algorithm. Although that doesn't make much sense, that's what I read. If someone who is more knowledgeable on the subject would explain the difference, I'll be thankful.

#31 March 2 2011

WiCkEd

Hey Guys, Blink is not secure as you think, me (my self) I'm using a Hacked Blink  1 Mbps lol
and I've opened multiple Blinks for Family & Friends in Multiple Areas, it's not secure at all.

The reason it's not secure is that Ogero is just using the Default WEP key provided by The Manufacturer of the Modem which happens to be THOMSON lol

#32 March 3 2011

Badieh

This is exactly why I turn my thomson's wifi off, and just attach it to my laptop via cable. Yes you can turn it off by pressing the middle button for 15 seconds. I even heard there were some programs that gather up the bandwidths in the area and uses them, not sure how true is that, but I know someone who is doing it. I dont approve of it, nor of the cheap lowlife doing it.

#33 March 3 2011

longbit

can any one post what tools you used the crack the hash and re-hash it ??

#34 August 13 2011

AvoK95

im currently @ 3ash2ut and am using a 256K Ogero Blink Wireless connection and i hacked it via feeding bottle

#35 August 13 2011

yasamoka

I think (and hope) that this topic is meant to show us the dangers of the pre-configured, insecure routers Ogero is giving to its customers, and not to promote theft. So please, guys, we're not thieves around here, I think the purpose of this topic is to enlighten regular users to beef up security and not rely on the unreliable default settings that come with their routers, protecting them from the "occasional snooper".

#36 August 13 2011

vengeance666

BLink routers can be easily hacked by the hash written after the word Blink....i got applications that does the calculations and in about 7 seconds you can get any blink password you want

#37 August 13 2011

Ahmad_k

Where can i find some of these applications ? I found some of these but they need a dictionary file

#38 August 20 2011

hamzewassim
Banned

ZuZ wrote:

This is my newest post on https://izuz.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/o … en-hacked/ ...

This is a payback for all the sucky internet they are giving us..

Enjoy people!..

And What's the name of the ios app.

#39 August 20 2011

z0uz

First thing you do when you install and ogero dsl modem:
1-change you ESSID
2-change your passowrd

bingo your secured....almost.

#40 August 20 2011

nuclearcat

Correct are:
1. Change from WEP to WPA2
2. Change SSID
3. Change key/password

#41 August 22 2011

scorz

disable wireless and use cables

#42 August 23 2011

ILIA_93

How can I change the security key of my Blink??

#43 November 12 2011

Elmarwano

Hi everyone, i have a problem and i was wondering if anyone had it too.
I have a DSL2640U (ogero) router and lately the router disconnects on its own (the third green light stops blinking and sometimes the second one too). So i have to switch off the modem and wait for a while and  turn it back on in order for to work. Is there anything i can do to fix it..?? It's really annoying ...

#44 November 12 2011

vengeance666

Elmarwano wrote:

I have a DSL2640U (ogero) router and lately the router disconnects on its own (the third green light stops blinking and sometimes the second one too). So i have to switch off the modem and wait for a while and  turn it back on in order for to work. Is there anything i can do to fix it..?? It's really annoying ...

Ogero routers grade from 1 to 100 ... -100341654213 ( yes it's a negative number "-" ) , just go buy a new router linksys or whatever for around 60 bucks and get them to their garbage dumpster ( headquarters if you would like to take it this way ) for them to change the settings etc and use it ..

#45 November 13 2011

wasborn

maybe someone is Brute-forcing you to diconnect to have your handshake codes ;)

do you have wpa2 ?

Last edited by wasborn (November 13 2011)

#46 November 13 2011

Elmarwano

vengeance666 wrote:
Elmarwano wrote:

Ogero routers grade from 1 to 100 ... -100341654213 ( yes it's a negative number "-" ) , just go buy a new router linksys or whatever for around 60 bucks and get them to their garbage dumpster ( headquarters if you would like to take it this way ) for them to change the settings etc and use it ..

Thanks for the tip, well my modem died and i got a new one today ; while installing it i was asked about my ppp username and password, but since my old modem is dead i can't use dumpcfg to  recover them. Should i contact them and ask them to email me the username and password? if not do i have to go to the headquarters in beirut or i can just go to some of their offices (in jounieh for ex.)?

#47 November 14 2011

vengeance666

I think they do it at any office , but I'm sure they won't email the stuff to you .. They like to piss people off for a reason , anyway when you get your new modem make sure to dumpcfg and write stuff on paper for future things , who knows what happens ..

#48 November 23 2011

samer
Admin

Guys, I had to clean up some posts. This is not the place to request wireless networks to be cracked. The information presented in the first post is for educational purposes only. If you want to steal your neighbor's wifi, do it on your own, don't ask us to do it for you.

Board footer