LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 8 2010

tierney

VMware not recognizing wireless card

hello everyone i have recently installed vmplayer on my computer and put backtrack4 onto it 'i think its safe to say everyone knows why..' now when i go into backtrack and open up a konsole and type in the commands 'airmon-ng' it doessent come up with my wirless card it just stays blank even thou up top on my vmplayer under removable devices it says that my network adapter is checked somone  please help me:( and i have already gone into my konsole and typed in the commands "ifconfig eth0 up' and then 'dhclient eth0'

#2 December 8 2010

m0ei

Re: VMware not recognizing wireless card

If airmon-ng didn't catch your Wireless card that means :

1- your wireless card ain't connected to the VMware image.
2- your wireless card ain't supported by aircrack-ng.

#3 December 9 2010

tierney

how can i tell if its connected to my vmware image?

#4 December 9 2010

m0ei

either you need to look at the bottom and you'll see a USB connected on the VMware Workstation, not sure about the others, or you should type : "iwconfig" and you should see ath0 or wlan0 or .... an ip should be assigned.

#5 December 9 2010

jajoja

just boot up the iso using a regular cd or dvd and you can do whatever you want from there without any problem , and i discourage you to hack any neighbors access point if thats your intention because thats really low if you already have an internet access at your house, i may have done it before like 2 -3 days while waiting for my connection to arrive at my house but never done it again, and im not happy of myself because i did a bad thing .

#6 December 9 2010

Aly

First of all the Wifi USB wont be eth0, eth0 will be by default the Ethernet NIC of your laptop, now to see if your Backtrack recognized your WIFI NIC type:

ifconfig -a

if you are lucky you should see something like:
eth0 bla bla
       bla bla

wlan0 bla bla
         bla bla
lo    bla bla
       bla bla

Where wlan0 is your WIFI usb.

#7 December 9 2010

jajoja

<admin useless >

Last edited by jajoja (December 10 2010)

#8 December 10 2010

tierney

okay i did some more reading up and what not and apperent vmware and backtrack wont run with my wirless card that is already built into my laptop so to be able to use aircrack or any of those other programs i need wirless card that hooks into my usb which is retarded:( but thanks for your help everyonexD

#9 December 12 2010

Zusynoid-x

great, more script kiddies tryin to hack WEPs ... /facepalm

#10 February 27 2012

Data

You should have one of those Alpha adapters I am using them since 10 years they come all packed for Linux especially the Backtrack, no drivers need to be installed and they are powefull even I added some additional long range antennas

http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-73/ … Detail.bok

#11 April 8 2012

eddychamoun

Rouhi wrote:

You should have one of those Alpha adapters I am using them since 10 years they come all packed for Linux especially the Backtrack, no drivers need to be installed and they are powefull even I added some additional long range antennas

http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-73/ … Detail.bok

Could your antennas hack wpa and wpa2 ??

Board footer