LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 26 2014

DG

Software to download entire folder

As the title says, I need a way to download an entire folder (and any sub folders) from a remote website.
The thing is, I also need this software to resume a broken download (right where it left off) if the power is cut and the connection is lost as soon as the modem is connected again.

I have tried "GetThemAll" (this one prompts me for each file location which sucks), "Free Download Manager" and "Offline Explorer" but I can't, for the life of me, make it work as I specified above.

Thanks in advance.

*Edit: the only way that worked so far was to copy the download links/URLs of the files one by one, place them in a text file and use Free Download Manager (File -> Import -> Import List of Downloads). I am assuming if the modem restarts for any reason, FDM will resume where it left off.

Last edited by DG (September 26 2014)

#2 September 26 2014

Blue

Re: Software to download entire folder

I'm not sure if IDM has the first feature, but it has the pause/resume feature.

#3 September 26 2014

rolf

There are some software that can download websites in their entirety (and folders, if there is an index file listing all files). Google under "website crawler download" or such.
There was one on mac I think, called "site sucker".

#4 September 26 2014

DG

The problem is, there is no index file listing all the files in a certain directory.
@Blue: If IDM has that feature, I didn't find it.
@rolf: Offline Explorer can download an entire website but I just want to download a list of songs or movies in a folder. The files can have any name (not necessarily song01, song02, song03, etc...)

#5 September 26 2014

samer
Admin

If you're handy with the command line, you can do it with wget or curl.
http://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Wget

#6 September 27 2014

DG

Thank you Samer, I will check it out.
So far I have managed to automate the process (don't need to copy the links one by one anymore).
I just manually copy the entire page at once, paste it in Excel and, with the help of a macro I wrote, it gives me a clear list of the hyperlinks that I just import to Free Download Manager.

Board footer