LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#351 September 16 2014

rtp

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

you can message the person who sold you the item and tell him that you got it, he should be of more help.
I guess you can order the same item, and then confirm that you got it thus paying the saler.

#352 September 16 2014

ironman

nothing man, enjoy

#353 September 16 2014

ali.ba

rtp wrote:

you can message the person who sold you the item and tell him that you got it, he should be of more help.
I guess you can order the same item, and then confirm that you got it thus paying the saler.

I will do it, what's more interesting is that I didn't even pay 6000L.L. this time, they brought it for free!

#354 September 16 2014

com_engineer

i wanna ask how can i buy from ali express...i entered my visa card once but i received an sms on my cell phone saying transaction failed,do i have to contact my bank and tell em that i want to activate something or what?

#355 September 16 2014

AVOlio

@com_engineer
Most likely your card is not accepted by the site.
Or, you didn't have enough funds in the card to buy the item.

Anyway coming to the topic.
Guys..
Can you say things are back to normal now?
Can I start ordering stuff from aliexpress, and I can receive them within a month like before, without having to pay any additional fees?

#356 September 16 2014

Jo_K

Not totally back to normal!
They still have the 100,000 items pending. They're still taking more time than before.
But i think anytime soon everything will be back to normal

Yeah and about the fees! As long as your package is less than 200,000 LBP no extra fees

Last edited by Jo_K (September 16 2014)

#357 September 18 2014

com_engineer

ali.bassam wrote:

I payed 6000L.L. taxes for a 5$ Mouse.

ali how long did you wait to get your mouse? china post air mail right?

#358 September 19 2014

ali.ba

com_engineer wrote:
ali.bassam wrote:

I ordered it on the 13th of May, I got it at the end of August, I think 22 or 24. And yes china post air mail.

#359 September 19 2014

chosen2k

Did anyone's stuff was held by the customs and needed to go down to the libanpost near the airport area to talk to the customs to get their stuff out?

#360 September 19 2014

com_engineer

ali.bassam wrote:
com_engineer wrote:
ali.bassam wrote:

I ordered it on the 13th of May, I got it at the end of August, I think 22 or 24. And yes china post air mail.

sorry to bother you but when you ordered it they gave you a tracking number,it was working from the first day? you were able to track it or did you wait?

#361 September 19 2014

Kassem

com_engineer wrote:
ali.bassam wrote:
com_engineer wrote:

sorry to bother you but when you ordered it they gave you a tracking number,it was working from the first day? you were able to track it or did you wait?

No wait a few days before trying to track your order.

#362 September 20 2014

maroun

chosen2k wrote:

Did anyone's stuff was held by the customs and needed to go down to the libanpost near the airport area to talk to the customs to get their stuff out?

Parcels held at customs during the blocking period are still at customs, I have a parcel (Synthetic hair for fly fishing)  held at customs since 9/7/2014, Last time i checked my P.O.Box was last Monday. 
I have choosen to wait because it will cost a lot ( from time prespective)  to go down and fetch the item, that's if I'm lucky and found any one to serve me.
Note as well that I bought other stuff after and received. I might buy another instead of waiting.

#363 September 20 2014

maroun

maroun wrote:
chosen2k wrote:

Parcels held at customs during the blocking period are still at customs, I have a parcel (Synthetic hair for fly fishing)  held at customs since 9/7/2014, Last time i checked my P.O.Box was last Monday. 
I have choosen to wait because it will cost a lot ( from time prespective)  to go down and fetch the item, that's if I'm lucky and found any one to serve me.
Note as well that I bought other stuff after and received. I might buy another instead of waiting.

Correction 11/8/2014 and not 9/7/2014

#364 September 25 2014

Louis40

Has anyone ordered a Satellite Receiver form Aliexpress and got it without any issues or extra fees at the customs?

Thx

#365 September 25 2014

Sab23

I'm receiving my items ordered from May 2014 on almost a weekly basis without extra charges.

While tracking an item on tracking websites as well as LibanPost website, it stated that it had a final delivery in Batroun while I live in Achrafieh.
I contacted LibanPost, their reply was that it's a common issue with AliExpress mail to recieve items with duplicate tracking numbers and that I should contact AliExpress in order to give me the new tracking number of my item.
I also contacted AliExpress about the matter but they didn't give me a final answer about having duplicate tracking numbers and said they will look into the issue.

Did anyone else encounter a duplicate tracking number problem?

#366 September 26 2014

Ziad87

I went to my local Liban Post office today to get some items. I asked the manager there about the whole Ali Express issue. Apparently it all started when a new customs director was appointed. He saw all these packages from China as an opportunity to raise money via taxes. However, since most packages were really just small items that cost less than $5, they abandoned the whole idea. So now everything should be back to normal. They are still processing mail since that incident. I saw over 15 sandbags full of packages and that's just for one post office for a single day! He also told me to watch out for packages over 200,000 L.L because they might be taxed.

#367 September 28 2014

rtp

if an item cost $450(mobile phone), how much will I pay as Tax ?

Last edited by rtp (September 28 2014)

#368 September 29 2014

LifeEngineer

rtp wrote:

OnePlus One?! :)

#369 September 29 2014

AVOlio

You can't talk with the seller to change and lower the price tag for you?
Once it happened with me.
I don't remember the cost of my product exactly, not do I remember what cost they put onto the package, but it was reduced.
I remember that time the seller suggested reducing the price all by himself, because it was my first time ordering and I was asking all of these questions to him that I live in Lebanon and stuff...

So talk to the seller, he might be able to say, reduce the price tag on the package from 450$ to a 100$.
And there you go, under 200 000LP

#370 September 29 2014

Hybrid

AVOlio wrote:

You can't talk with the seller to change and lower the price tag for you?
Once it happened with me.
I don't remember the cost of my product exactly, not do I remember what cost they put onto the package, but it was reduced.
I remember that time the seller suggested reducing the price all by himself, because it was my first time ordering and I was asking all of these questions to him that I live in Lebanon and stuff...

So talk to the seller, he might be able to say, reduce the price tag on the package from 450$ to a 100$.
And there you go, under 200 000LP

I think The custom will estimate its price even if the tag says $100, they might estimate it for $10000000

#371 September 29 2014

rtp

LifeEngineer wrote:
rtp wrote:

lol yeah, about lowering the price it wont work. I once had an item with price tag of around $80 and I ended up paying Tax.

Am thinking of maybe buying Z3 instead but its $780 now lol

#372 September 29 2014

AVOlio

How will they estimate the price?
They are allowed to open the package and see whats inside?

Even if they do, do you imagine seeing customs workers here in Lebanon, looking up the price of the ordered items, with the items in one hand, and Google in the other.
Doing this for thousands of items?

#373 September 30 2014

LifeEngineer

rtp wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:
rtp wrote:

lol yeah, about lowering the price it wont work. I once had an item with price tag of around $80 and I ended up paying Tax.

Am thinking of maybe buying Z3 instead but its $780 now lol

Yeah I considered buying the Oneplus one too but I'm waiting for other phones to be announced! It's a waiting game!

About the price I think it's a hit and miss! For me it worked once and I'm still waiting for another same order! Hopefully it'll work this time too!

#374 October 2 2014

Sup3r

hey guys,  i tried to open a P.O Box today at my local LibanPost, they said i have to pay 72.000 LBP and at the end of this year (2 months later) i have to renew with a 115.000 LBP fee! WHAT THE F$%K is that ?

Last edited by Sup3r (October 2 2014)

#375 October 3 2014

maroun

Sup3r wrote:

hey guys,  i tried to open a P.O Box today at my local LibanPost, they said i have to pay 72.000 LBP and at the end of this year (2 months later) i have to renew with a 115.000 LBP fee! WHAT THE F$%K is that ?

The renewal fee is normal did they tell you the reason for paying 72000? Which Post office?
I opened my P.O.BOX at zouk micheal 10 days ago and retrieved some parcels and they asked me for nothing.

Board footer