LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 2 2014

raffi007

Problems with touch 3g/4g ?

Hello everyone

I wanted to know if anyone was experiencing the same problems that I do with the Touch 3g/4g service

It has been over a month now that I have problems with the connection.
I have the 30GB service and I use it on my laptop via the iPhone's personal hotspot with USB connection sharing.

The service was working flawlessly, but recently it's very bad.
I have internet for 5 mins, then it cuts for 30 sec, then comes back, then cuts again

The same thing is happening on the iPhone when i use safari.
Very bad internet.

Anyone having the same problem ?

is it related to the latest increase in service and reduction of price ?

#2 September 6 2014

Lebscream

Re: Problems with touch 3g/4g ?

raffi007 I have the same problem, internet so slow i really hate using my phone, i called them they said problem from phone not Touch

#3 September 6 2014

raffi007

Lebscream yesterday i changed my sim card and as if it fixed the problem,
I also resorted my iPhone

#4 September 14 2014

sillypooh

Same here. Slow connection, probably like everything else these days (Ogero dragging its feet).
Touch had this wonderfully speedy connection before... Sigh!

#5 September 15 2014

raffi007

Same here again.
Someone on FB suggested they have a DNS problem but didn't give any details

I made a video and showed it to the Touch technical support.
Let's hope they fix it

http://youtu.be/1IHuXQgNF98

http://youtu.be/HIp8vJczKh8

#6 September 16 2014

ficho21

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm currently subscribed to the 60GB bundle, running on an iPhone 5s with model number A1533.

I use it mainly as a USB hotspot because Ogero still uses equipment from the 1980's and the lines coming to my house do not support more than 256Kbps (so sad).

Touch ran great with decent speeds up until last month, which coincidently hovers around the time when I changed my SIM card so I can start supporting LTE.

Since then my connection has been horrible. Connection timeouts, drops and download speeds are really bad. I literally can't browse websites as the connection would drop instantly.

I called them up around 4 days ago and got to talk with a very bright support member (sarcasm). I think he had a list in front of him of things he wanted to ask me about to fix my connection (like they were prepared?). To no avail, we ended up filling a case to the magagement so they can look into it more, we all know this will never amount to anything. But for the sake of it I helped him open one for me.

Today I went hunting for an LTE signal in Beirut, I found one and ran a speedtest, the speedtest showed a 70Mbps download rate and a 2 Mbps upload rate with a 22ms latency.

I was thrilled to see such speeds.

BUT, it was all gone to waste when I actually tried using the connection on the phone and via USB hotspot ... connection still dropped, time outs everywhere, download speeds of 10 and 20 kbps.

In my opinion this can mean one of two things. EIther their service has gone bad and they just can't give out the same rates they used to and that forced them to throttle connection on high quota accounts like mine. Or there might be a legitimate problem with their carrier update for some phone models and that has been creating the trouble.

Either way we need this fixed, my daily operation relies heavily on the output of this connection.

Please we need more people sharing their experience with their touch data plans and how they run over hotspots so we can pinpoint this problem and hopefully solve it once and for all.

#7 September 20 2014

raffi007

I updated to ios8 and things seem to be running properly now.
bare in mind I'm still testing but , thank god i still didn't have a dropped connection

When i checked on the carrier version it went from 16.2 to 17

So my guess is that anticipating the ios8 launch they upgraded their carrier setting before even the ios8 ht the market so the settings were messing up the connection

Board footer