LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 23 2014

Personerst

Advice: choosing a university

Hi,
Let's get straight to the point I've been admitted to ESIB for the diplôme d'ingénieur électrique et mécanique. On the other hand, I've got my acceptance at the faculty of engineering USEK as an electrical and electronic engineer with a scholarship covering the totality of the tuition fees (I've had 16.5 on the french bac btw). Now, I have to make my choice as soon as possible, and I'm so confused, I would like to mention that ESIB would cost me around $13.6k while USEK wouldn't cost me a penny at least for the first year and I think I can keep it this way, but it's also worth mentioning that at ESIB I would be majoring as an electrical and mechanical engineer at the same time (no additional years required) and it's more recognized than the other or at least that what I've heard. So is it worth that extra money or could it be better spend in another way. I'm counting on your advice and I would be grateful if you could help me take the right decision.
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I know that my English may not be that good and I apologize for that.

#2 August 23 2014

NuclearVision

Re: Advice: choosing a university

Usek only covers the first year as far as I know. Then you will have to pay a percentage like 60%. I am not sure however.

Last edited by NuclearVision (August 23 2014)

#3 August 23 2014

Personerst

Re: Advice: choosing a university

NuclearVision wrote:

Usek only covers the first year as far as I know. Then you will have to pay a percentage like 60%. I am not sure however.

I think it depends on how high my GPA would be, but I will contact them next week to know for sure. Meanwhile, which university would you opt for if you were in this situation and does the faculty of engineering at USEK have a good reputation?

Last edited by Personerst (August 23 2014)

Board footer