LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 22 2014

SteamPowered

Gaming PC Retailer that ships to Lebanon

Hello everyone. I was a Playstation gamer until I discovered Steam (as you can tell from my username). I would like to buy a powerful gaming PC and I have found that, for the same product, prices are a lot better on the internet (even if I add like 100$ for shipping). Unfortunately, I haven't found an online shop that ships to Lebanon. Any help?

PS: I'm willing to pay between 1800$ and 2200$.

#2 July 22 2014

ramy58

Re: Gaming PC Retailer that ships to Lebanon

You want an already built PC ?
Well you can get one from amazon and then use borderlinx or something but I'm not sure how it works.

#3 July 22 2014

Gamer

we talk about this before (on a different thread). you can subscribe to borderlinx or Aramex (ShopandShip)and have a US/UK/etc... address which ships to your home
you can use Amazon.com, newegg.com,

or local website http://pcandparts.com/

#4 July 22 2014

Aly

Amazon.com to buy the parts, and borderlinx to ship them to lebanon.

#5 July 22 2014

AvoK95

I can build you one if you want. It'll be just as powerful and just as good, if not more.

#6 July 22 2014

SteamPowered

I'm very sorry for the late answer; I was in a meeting at work . I forgot to mention I'd rather have a laptop since I move around a lot. I saw some of you talk about borderlinx. What is that exactly?

#7 July 22 2014

AvoK95

SteamPowered wrote:

I'm very sorry for the late answer; I was in a meeting at work . I forgot to mention I'd rather have a laptop since I move around a lot. I saw some of you talk about borderlinx. What is that exactly?

Laptops are much more expensive and much less powerful. For example a GTX780M laptop GPU has the same performance as GTX760. And the laptop that has a GTX780M would cost $2000+. I move a lot too, I have my i3 basic laptop for web browsing and my game rig.

#8 July 23 2014

SteamPowered

AvoK95 wrote:
SteamPowered wrote:

Laptops are much more expensive and much less powerful. For example a GTX780M laptop GPU has the same performance as GTX760. And the laptop that has a GTX780M would cost $2000+. I move a lot too, I have my i3 basic laptop for web browsing and my game rig.

I am well aware of that, which is why I said I was willing to pay between 1800$ and 2200$. But due to the fact that I move a lot and spend the summer away from my primary home, I'd rather have a laptop.

I currently have an i5 for work, university and web browsing. I play games on low graphics on it and still get low FPS and even lag when I play more demanding games, which is why I want to switch to a real gaming PC.

Last edited by SteamPowered (July 23 2014)

#9 July 24 2014

ILIA_93

A "real gaming PC" and a "Laptop" doesn't mix, maybe you can get close by paying thousands of dollars for an alienware piece of art laptop, but you waste a lot of money for a performance you could get for way cheaper. I would say, get a desktop for where you usually live, or where you expect you'll be gaming more, and install some indie or old games on your current laptop to keep you entertained when you're away. Paying 2200$ for a desktop will give you something amazing, you can get past 1080p gaming easily for this amount of cash (You'll need to have the right monitor though). For a 2200$ laptop, you won't get near this. Go for a desktop if you want to make the best out of your money. And let Avo build it for you, you won't regret it ;)

#10 July 25 2014

Die_Kapitan

You can build an mITX PC. Most mITX cases are really small, some are just a little larger than an Xbox One.

Board footer