LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 18 2014

nefe_lpmk

Jobs in Networking and Communication in Lebanon

Hello guys I graduated as computer,communication and electrical engineer from NDU 5 or so weeks ago .

I am looking for a job in Networking/Communication related firms, I applied to all the obvious telco companies(alfa,touch,Ericson,huawei,zte...) and a couple more companies.

Knowing the technical background here,I was wondering if you could suggest companies for a talented fresh grad to apply to (specially if they are recruiting).

Both sending me a Pm or posting here would be great.

Thank you

Last edited by nefe_lpmk (April 18 2014)

#2 April 18 2014

m_zeid

Re: Jobs in Networking and Communication in Lebanon

posting here would be best, I'm in the same boat :/

#3 April 19 2014

Locha

Guys, I've applied to one of those telecommunication companies and had an interview. All the questions are technical. They don't care about all the theoretical courses You've taken in college. They ask questions like what is the difference between this protocol and this other protocol and you might haven't heard about them in your life since you don't have any practical experience.
The question is that did you take any course related to practice in University in the world of telecommunication? Any Cisco Certificates? What about GSM courses or anything that had to do with Computer Networks like Edge 3G ... ? Do you remember everything you've taken ?

#4 April 19 2014

m_zeid

I'm not interested in mobile cellular networks, I prefer computer networks.
I'll try to get a internship from Ogero, and maybe some other private ISP. I hope after that to get a job at some ISP or datacenter.
currently enrolled in ccna academy class, I really recommend to do the same, and to make sure the training center is a certified Cisco academy

#5 April 20 2014

Locha

If you are interested in Computer Networks, the best thing to do is to get the certificates of Cisco Academy. Did you graduate by the way ?

#6 April 20 2014

nefe_lpmk

Yes I graduated, and i have Cisco Training

#7 April 20 2014

Tarek
Banned

Certifications and hands on experience is what really matter

#8 April 20 2014

Locha

100%. All the materials that you've taken won't help you in jobs since it's practice and work on specific products that matters.

#9 April 20 2014

Tarek
Banned

Comptia network + and CCNA are the core certifications for a network engineer ... they will help you work in Cisco , Ubiquiti , mikrotik , etc

Board footer