LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 22 2014

Antoine85

0x80070083 error while downloading windws 8.1 from windows store

Hi everybody,

I have HP envy dv6 laptop pre-installed with win 8.
I successfully installed win 8.1 the first time; but I had to reset it back to factory default because of driver issues. (and I regret it now).

and now whenever i try to download it again, it ways something went wrong and app isn't installed. error 0x80070083.

Does anyone know what went wrong?

I am trying to install it in the company where i worked where they installed CISCO routers with username and password that i have.
I will try to download it in my house, and tell you if it is working.

I have intel graphic card with nVIDIA, intel wireless card.

I have tried all the options on the net:
   - downloaded all the windows update.
   - updated all the drivers.
   - did sfc scannow
   - did the windows update troubleshooting and found the same errors all over again.
   - even did multiple times refresh my PC and even clean install.

and nothing worked.
Does anyone know the issue or have other way to solve it?
Thank you.

#2 March 22 2014

AvoK95

Re: 0x80070083 error while downloading windws 8.1 from windows store

Refer the following steps to run SFC scan:

a) Move the mouse pointer to bottom left of the screen where you see preview of start menu and Right-click to bring up a list of Windows settings.
b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.
c) In the command prompt type in the following command: ‘sfc /scannow’.

Restart PC and try again.

#3 March 22 2014

Antoine85

thank you for your reply but I tried it alreasy and did not resolved it

#4 March 22 2014

Nabs

I've seen this before. It could be one of different issues. Seeing that AvoK95's solution didn't work, try one of these:

1. Go to where you change your account picture, PC settings, general. Keep that open and refresh your Windows a few times. Try the update now. If it works, then you had one of the famous Windows 8 bugs.

2. If that didn't work, go to CMD as admin, type:

net stop bits (hit enter)
net stop wuauserv (hit enter)

Then download this file:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ … ic.diagcab

and run it. This should reset your Windows Update Component. If both didn't work, let me know, so I'd suggest more solutions.

#5 March 25 2014

Antoine85

Thank you nabs.
I went home and restart install but same problem occurred.

so I did the refresh twice in a row, then downloaded all the updates, and now it is downloading steady but slowly.

but what is this windows 8 bugs?
I tried before to refresh my PC but did not correct it, and now 2 refresh????? why?

#6 March 25 2014

AvoK95

Antoine85 wrote:

Thank you nabs.
I went home and restart install but same problem occurred.

so I did the refresh twice in a row, then downloaded all the updates, and now it is downloading steady but slowly.

but what is this windows 8 bugs?
I tried before to refresh my PC but did not correct it, and now 2 refresh????? why?

Are you by any chance using Cable internet? because this problem is mostly due to unstable internet according to a few post on Microsoft Forums.

#7 March 25 2014

Antoine85

No, I am using private DSL provider and using the Wireless connection.

#8 April 19 2014

Antoine85

as an observational issue, I wish to share this:
In my company, they have a CISCO router ( I guess the Cisco Aironet 1040 Series) transmitting 4 access points spreading all over the company (needing username and password to access the internet). Besides I tried also to download it in another place with similar (not same) router and had the same problem.
But when I got Home, where I have the regular simple 1 access point router, the downloading is coming easy and smoothly.
So I guess it is a WiFi connection issue between the laptop and the router; "network and sharing center" was telling me in the company that there is no internet access, but yet I can connect to the internet using the ie browser.

I had to share this, and thank you all for your help.

Board footer