LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 July 1 2013

moehoumani

Re: Amhaz (Stars Communications) shop

S4 today at Amhaz is 615$ and you can buy a warranty card seperately.. they have a warranty now :) and on all the mobiles.

#177 July 1 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

So CTC will decrease its price too ;)
But the fact that they only bring i9500 and not i9505 is a huge mistake

#178 July 1 2013

Vartan

and no nfc on both.

#179 July 1 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

no i9505 on both.
Better keep my HTC One lte

Last edited by vegetaleb (July 1 2013)

#180 July 2 2013

Vartan

i'm searching for an s4 with nfc antenna on the back cover.. till now i couldn't find. (cause i guess everyone have 1 source of phones)
in case someone has it please tell me where can I buy from ?
thanks

#181 July 2 2013

AvoK95

Vartan wrote:

i'm searching for an s4 with nfc antenna on the back cover.. till now i couldn't find. (cause i guess everyone have 1 source of phones)
thanks

The NFC included antenna is a back cover which is sold separately. Check with CTC.

#182 July 3 2013

Vartan

AvoK95 wrote:
Vartan wrote:

thanks

The NFC included antenna is a back cover which is sold separately. Check with CTC.

no they don't have it separately
and just in case they have.. it's supposed to come normally with the phone like every other country's s4's

#183 July 3 2013

AvoK95

If I'm not mistaken, the cover with the antenna is sold separately for about 30$. The chip comes with the phone, but I think the antenna is separate. I could be wrong, I got this info before the phone was released.

#184 July 3 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

What is nfc already?

#185 July 3 2013

AvoK95

vegetaleb wrote:

What is nfc already?

Search on YouTube for "NFC Explained" watch the video from "Marquess Brownee" :)

#186 July 5 2013

kfc

Guys does anyone know if the lg nexus 4, htc one x plus and xperia z / zl available in Lebanon support 4g LTE? i called amhaz to ask about that, the guy at the dekwaneh branch told me to research it myself because he doesn’t know!

#187 July 5 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

HTC One (without the X) has a good LTE support here

#188 July 5 2013

ironman

kfc wrote:

Guys does anyone know if the lg nexus 4, htc one x plus and xperia z / zl available in Lebanon support 4g LTE? i called amhaz to ask about that, the guy at the dekwaneh branch told me to research it myself because he doesn’t know!

Nexus 4 doesnt have LTE support

#189 July 5 2013

LifeEngineer

ironman wrote:
kfc wrote:

It does have LTE support! :)
You need however to unlock bootloader and root to be able roll back to old radio (baseband) to be able to get LTE. Snapdragon Krait Pro has LTE chip built-in!
That's what I did, of course we still need LTE coverage and APN settings etc...
Now all the foundation is there :)

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr … ?t=2211618

Last edited by LifeEngineer (July 5 2013)

#190 July 5 2013

Tarek
Banned

hey what is the price of HTC Desire HD ?

#191 July 5 2013

kfc

LifeEngineer wrote:
ironman wrote:
kfc wrote:

It does have LTE support! :)
You need however to unlock bootloader and root to be able roll back to old radio (baseband) to be able to get LTE. Snapdragon Krait Pro has LTE chip built-in!
That's what I did, of course we still need LTE coverage and APN settings etc...
Now all the foundation is there :)

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr … ?t=2211618

are you sure that this will work on the  1800 frequency that LTE runs on in Lebanon?

#192 July 5 2013

Zahix

I don't understand what do you mean by NFC antenna... My S4 has NFC working perfectly with my tags.

#193 July 6 2013

Vartan

Zahix wrote:

I don't understand what do you mean by NFC antenna... My S4 has NFC working perfectly with my tags.

great, where did you buy it from please ?
thanks

#194 July 7 2013

alk

LifeEngineer wrote:

the snapdragon PRO APQ8064 used in the nexus 4 does not have cellular data build in, it is up to LG ... This was an issue and Google announced that they do not support LTE, seems not all frequencies are covered with the cellular chip installed ...

#195 July 7 2013

Zahix

Vartan wrote:
Zahix wrote:

thanks

I dont know exactly where but its from a shop in Zahle. I got it as a gift.

#196 July 8 2013

LifeEngineer

I think not! I think it uses the LTE 1700MHz! :-( Hope I'm wrong! I read that now somewhere!

#197 July 9 2013

Vartan

Zahix wrote:
Vartan wrote:
Zahix wrote:

thanks

I dont know exactly where but its from a shop in Zahle. I got it as a gift.

ok
thanks

#198 July 12 2013

kfc

The price of the HTC one at Amhaz dropped by 100$ in 8 days accordeing to the pricelist of 12/7/2013 on their website!

What is the reason behind this sharp price reduction while the S4 conserved its price?

#199 July 12 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

kfc wrote:

The price of the HTC one at Amhaz dropped by 100$ in 8 days accordeing to the pricelist of 12/7/2013 on their website!

What is the reason behind this sharp price reduction while the S4 conserved its price?

The One was in shortage for a long time,now it's more available perhaps,but are you sure about drop of 100$?
I saw it raised to 780$ this week while it was at 750$ last week

#200 July 12 2013

kfc

vegetaleb wrote:
kfc wrote:

The One was in shortage for a long time,now it's more available perhaps,but are you sure about drop of 100$?
I saw it raised to 780$ this week while it was at 750$ last week

on their price list of 12/7/2013 the price is 685

Board footer