LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#351 July 28 2014

NuclearVision

Re: Feedback for IDM

At least you don't live in a remote area !

#352 July 28 2014

TechXero

NuclearVision wrote:

At least you don't live in a remote area !

Remote enough. Ain Saadeh in the middle of nowhere. A hole called bassatine area.

#353 July 28 2014

andrew55

THIS IS THE EMAIL I SENT IDM ON FRIDAY:

Speed on internet download manager gives me full bandwidth (450 KB/s). However, when I stream on youtube or browse the internet, the speed is really slow.

Downloading on firefox and chrome is also slow (50-100 KB/s). I’ve tried the connection on 2 different computers, an ipad and an android phone and the connection
is the same. I also changed the filter and wires. I used my Thompson modem (via Ethernet cable) supplied by IDM and I got the same results.

I mentioned all of this in a phone call last week to which a case was opened.

The only software that gives me full speed is internet download manager which makes me think if IDM or another international ISP is setting a maximum download per thread?

Thank you,

Andrew

THEIR REPLY:

Dear Mr Assaf,

We will be conducting a thorough investigation into this concern, and we’ll keep you updated once we have a complete feedback.

Regards,

Since the day i e-mailed them, speed is back to normal...

3652629346.png

#354 July 28 2014

TechXero

andrew55 wrote:

THIS IS THE EMAIL I SENT IDM ON FRIDAY:

Speed on internet download manager gives me full bandwidth (450 KB/s). However, when I stream on youtube or browse the internet, the speed is really slow.

Downloading on firefox and chrome is also slow (50-100 KB/s). I’ve tried the connection on 2 different computers, an ipad and an android phone and the connection
is the same. I also changed the filter and wires. I used my Thompson modem (via Ethernet cable) supplied by IDM and I got the same results.

I mentioned all of this in a phone call last week to which a case was opened.

The only software that gives me full speed is internet download manager which makes me think if IDM or another international ISP is setting a maximum download per thread?

Thank you,

Andrew

THEIR REPLY:

Dear Mr Assaf,

We will be conducting a thorough investigation into this concern, and we’ll keep you updated once we have a complete feedback.

Regards,

Since the day i e-mailed them, speed is back to normal...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3652629346.png

Good now I hope no more complaining LoL ;)

#355 July 28 2014

wollyka

This is their generic reply, I got the exact same email but for another hard question last month. No reply till now lol

#356 July 28 2014

wollyka

Btw, anyone knows where to buy a phone line cable? You know the one that links the modem to the wall socket. (good quality)

Last edited by wollyka (July 28 2014)

#357 July 28 2014

TechXero

wollyka wrote:

Btw, anyone knows where to buy a phone line cable? You know the one that links the modem to the wall socket. (good quality)

Wow, why ? Are you having issues with yours or did you believe them IDM Support idiots ? In any case check computer stores. I bought mine from there.

#358 July 28 2014

wollyka

No mine broke yesterday, I need another one. I am using an old one now from the handy phone lol

Last edited by wollyka (July 28 2014)

#359 July 28 2014

TechXero

wollyka wrote:

No mine broke yesterday, I need another one. I am using an old one now from the handy phone lol

I use one that came with router since I only got one phone line socket at home. Handy phone too but that sucks coz it's 2.4ghz same as router so signal conflict every time I get a call.

#360 July 29 2014

Aveline

I don't see my internet connection getting FUPed today, even though I'm still on an unlimited plan and I usually get FUPed even before the day starts. Do you think it's just a Eid thing? Anyone else experiencing normal download speeds on unlimited?

#361 July 29 2014

TechXero

Aveline wrote:

I don't see my internet connection getting FUPed today, even though I'm still on an unlimited plan and I usually get FUPed even before the day starts. Do you think it's just a Eid thing? Anyone else experiencing normal download speeds on unlimited?

Doesn't mean anything. Just means there hasn't been enough downloads to warrant an FUP. It happened to me on many occasions. For short periods of time.

#362 July 29 2014

Aveline

TechXero wrote:
Aveline wrote:

Doesn't mean anything. Just means there hasn't been enough downloads to warrant an FUP. It happened to me on many occasions. For short periods of time.

I do know the basic requirements of an FUP to take an effect, it's just that it's been happening to me regardless of usage for more than a week now. Usually at this time I'd experience dreadfully low download speeds even if I haven't downloaded anything. Anyway I'm downloading now so I'll see whether or not I'll get FUPed later today.

#363 July 29 2014

TechXero

Ok let us know. All am saying is that it's random and not to get your hopes up too high or you will be crashing over n over again. I know coz I been there. Now am on limited and have been using around 5gb/day daily with no FUP at all. Now am happy.

#364 July 29 2014

Aveline

I just downloaded 730MB in exactly an hour. No signs of speeds slowing down. Hopefully it will stay that way.

#365 July 29 2014

TechXero

Aveline wrote:

I just downloaded 730MB in exactly an hour. No signs of speeds slowing down. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Good. Hope so too.

#366 July 29 2014

Aveline

I just realized something. Today is a national holiday, so there's probably no one in the offices to FUP anyone to begin with O_O

Time to abuse the connection!

#367 July 29 2014

wollyka

Aveline wrote:

I just realized something. Today is a national holiday, so there's probably no one in the offices to FUP anyone to begin with O_O

Time to abuse the connection!

It is automatic  :)

#368 July 30 2014

H.S

I called the sales today to check if they will give me the 4mbps. They said my line can't handle it, however the tech support made a test about two weeks ago and told me it can handle 8mbps. Therefore they are nothing but a bunch of liars.

#369 July 30 2014

andrew55

If ogero doesn't upgrade the COs they then ISPs (probably except sodetel) can't give more than 4 Mbps.. i don't know how much leeway IDM has with regards to this issue...

#370 July 30 2014

H.S

I didn't ask for more than 4mbps.

Last edited by H.S (July 30 2014)

#371 July 30 2014

wollyka

What is your speed now, line Attenuation and snr margin?

#372 July 30 2014

H.S

3657435465.png

Attenuation: down: 44 up: 31  SNR: down: 17 up: 33

The down SNR is around 33 dB using another modem.

#373 July 30 2014

wollyka

Theorically you could get 4 Mbps easily. However,  I have seen people with better stats than you (down Attenuation in the 30) and they  refused to give them 4mbps. I think it also depends on the CO

#374 July 30 2014

TechXero

wollyka wrote:

Theorically you could get 4 Mbps easily. However,  I have seen people with better stats than you (down Attenuation in the 30) and they  refused to give them 4mbps. I think it also depends on the CO

It does depend  on COs. I can have 4mbps yet CO not equipped to deliver.

#375 July 30 2014

H.S

wollyka wrote:

The CO is already equipped with speeds higher than 4mbps, a friend of mine already have a 4mbps (old plans) before the upgrade, we're from the same CO. Some of them, their CO really isn't equipped with such speeds, but mostly it is due to Ogero refusing to give you your desired speed simply because they can, unless you know someone from their side.

Board footer