LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#301 July 24 2014

nosense

Re: Feedback for IDM

TechXero wrote:

You are missing the point here , I gave this solution to avoid any downloading , you get the dvd from the shop and then steam or origin or whatever will correct any missing file and apply the updates , it would be a 1 gb instead of 30

You are missing a point as well, shops here rarely and I do mean as rare as us finding a snake with 2 heads, do shops have original files. I have bought like hundreds of games from various shops, souq al a7ad etc, and all I get are some sort of pre-cracked Syrian repacks. SCC and whatnot.

I get the SCC dvd's and it's not much of a gamble for 3000L.L that I can find original files in it , Until now it never failed as I said I have done this tons of times\

these comments are getting removed anyway let's stay on topic

Last edited by nosense (July 24 2014)

#302 July 24 2014

TechXero

I get the SCC dvd's and it's not much of a gamble for 3000L.L that I can find original files in it , Until now it never failed as I said I have done this tons of times

How do go looking for original files ? How do you even know ? And where to put them for steam to see them etc ? I think your solution is kinda good but clunky. Still saves many download nights. But I prefer Z10yded repacks since the biggest game they got was Watch_Dogs 15gb. If and when I go to Dubai soon I will download all my steam library to external and bring back here.

Still am not an avid Multi-Player gamer. Heck I get game trainer before getting the game. If a game does not have a trainer for whatever reason I simply do not get it. Yep not a fan of restarting levels or checkpoints. I like to finish a game in one day. Not a month.

Last edited by TechXero (July 24 2014)

#303 July 24 2014

nosense

TechXero wrote:

I get the SCC dvd's and it's not much of a gamble for 3000L.L that I can find original files in it , Until now it never failed as I said I have done this tons of times

How do go looking for original files ? How do you even know ? And where to put them for steam to see them etc ? I think your solution is kinda good but clunky. Still saves many download nights. But I prefer Z10yded repacks since the biggest game they got was Watch_Dogs 15gb. If and when I go to Dubai soon I will download all my steam library to external and bring back here.

Still am not an avid Multi-Player gamer. Heck I get game trainer before getting the game. If a game does not have a trainer for whatever reason I simply do not get it. Yep not a fan of restarting levels or checkpoints. I like to finish a game in one day. Not a month.

You start a game download with steam , so it creates a directory for it and the files start downloading , you stop the download , replace the files , continue the download , then steam detects the files and skip them from the download , even if the files were precracked , I am pretty sure they can save some GB because theres a chance when a game is cracked not all the files are messed with am I correct ?

Last edited by nosense (July 24 2014)

#304 July 24 2014

TechXero

You start a game download with steam , so it creates a directory for it and the files start downloading , you stop the download , replace the files , continue the download , then steam detects the files and skip them from the download , even the files were precracked , I am pretty sure they can save some GB because theres when a game is cracked not all the files are messed with am I correct ?

I dunno dude. Am half asleep it's almost 1am. Thanks for your input on the situation. But I got a problem, I can no longer go hunting for games in shops, first off I do not drive, by choice, and I need to be by my PC at all times coz I work from home. I got 10 servers/sites I maintain.

Your solution is great, don't get me wrong, might work for people who got time to go hunting for game and have the patience to do it. Not me.

Thanks though. Good night.

#305 July 25 2014

ggtks

I feel like IDM are really fucking with my speeds right now.

Speedtest.net gives a good 180 KB/s but try any other site and you're left with:

6.9 KB/s - 241 KB out of 64.1 MB, 3 hours left

(that's from next to my Chrome downloads)

I would have uploaded a screenshot but the only image host that DID open told me my upload speed is too slow to upload them an image.

So uh, yeah. Fuck IDM.

#306 July 25 2014

TechXero

ggtks wrote:

I feel like IDM are really fucking with my speeds right now.

Speedtest.net gives a good 180 KB/s but try any other site and you're left with:

6.9 KB/s - 241 KB out of 64.1 MB, 3 hours left

(that's from next to my Chrome downloads)

I would have uploaded a screenshot but the only image host that DID open told me my upload speed is too slow to upload them an image.

So uh, yeah. Fuck IDM.

Well, since going back to limited haven't had any issues been streaming non stop, updated my Hackintosh, got Final Cut Pro X etc not a single slow down. It varies I guess.

#307 July 25 2014

sailor

idm lady called me today telling that my speed will be upgrade to 4mb by 4 august
she said they will check if my line can handle 4mb then i will have it by 4 august my next cycle
my question here is when i called support the guy before he asked for my line attenuation and sr margin
then he said my line can handle 4mb
so what kind of ckeck do they need to do ?

#308 July 26 2014

TechXero

sailor wrote:

idm lady called me today telling that my speed will be upgrade to 4mb by 4 august
she said they will check if my line can handle 4mb then i will have it by 4 august my next cycle
my question here is when i called support the guy before he asked for my line attenuation and sr margin
then he said my line can handle 4mb
so what kind of ckeck do they need to do ?

I had the same thing happen to me too. Except as it turns out my CO can't handle 4mbps. So am stuck at 2mbps until I move if ever. In my case I got the email saying will be switched to 4mbps 1st of August. Then when I called CCU she told me it was a mistake and that my CO needs to be upgraded before it can support higher than 2mbos.

The check they need to do is with your CO see if they got the capacity to give from.

#309 July 26 2014

ggtks

OK OK According to IDM I downloaded 60 MB so far today. SIXTY FUCKING MEGABYTES:

5O0as8K.png

Shouldn't be enough to get me down to 1/50th of my speed right?

WRONG.

3648759643.png

#310 July 26 2014

TechXero

ggtks wrote:

OK OK According to IDM I downloaded 60 MB so far today. SIXTY FUCKING MEGABYTES:

http://i.imgur.com/5O0as8K.png

WRONG.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3648759643.png

Dude, did you even bother reading this thread before bashing ? I am gonna say this for the last time, Speedtest is a SINGLE THREADED TEST and browser downloads are single threaded. IDM are kinda having issues with single threaded downloads.

But if you use IDM the download manager and set it to 16 threads it will work full throttle. But if you refuse to use it, and only prefer Browser downloads it's your problem now. We gave you solution yet you ignore it.

Yesterday I got 5.7gb and my speed didn't drop not one byte. That's proof ! In 3 days got 11gb!

Just saying.

#311 July 26 2014

Tarek
Banned

TechXero wrote:
ggtks wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/5O0as8K.png

WRONG.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3648759643.png

Dude, did you even bother reading this thread before bashing ? I am gonna say this for the last time, Speedtest is a SINGLE THREADED TEST and browser downloads are single threaded. IDM are kinda having issues with single threaded downloads.

But if you use IDM the download manager and set it to 16 threads it will work full throttle. But if you refuse to use it, and only prefer Browser downloads it's your problem now. We gave you solution yet you ignore it.

Yesterday I got 5.7gb and my speed didn't drop not one byte. That's proof ! In 3 days got 11gb!

Just saying.

Do you work with IDM ?

#312 July 26 2014

TechXero

Do you work with IDM ?

Nope, but I called them enough times to understand what the heck is going on. That's why I ain't going crazy. I do understand your frustrations guys, I been there. It's not IDM that should be blamed here it's the MOT and their way of doing things.

#313 July 26 2014

ggtks

TechXero wrote:
ggtks wrote:

[image]

WRONG.

[image]

Just saying.

I understand what you're talking about, but IIRC you can't set Outlook to use more than 1 thread.

And when your work requires you to send and receive a disturbingly large amount of emails (with massive PDFs) using a download manager won't change shit.

Surprisingly Origin (of all services, I know) downloads at really high speeds even when I'm heavily throttled, si I'm pretty sure that's multi-threaded.

#314 July 26 2014

TechXero

I understand what you're talking about, but IIRC you can't set Outlook to use more than 1 thread.
And when your work requires you to send and receive a disturbingly large amount of emails (with massive PDFs) using a download manager won't change shit.

Surprisingly Origin (of all services, I know) downloads at really high speeds even when I'm heavily throttled, si I'm pretty sure that's multi-threaded.

Yes, I see. I have the same issue when I am required to update a site, I usually wait until 11pm to do it. That is sad really but it's not IDM, internally they are being forced to give out what they don't have. Ogero is monopolizing Internet. They are not giving Private ISPs what they need to accommodate us users.

So they are doing what they can with what they got. If you wanna bash someone bash MOT.

#315 July 26 2014

kfc

does anyone know when will IDM give us back the 2mbps instead of 1mbps? they keep blaming it on ogero...

Last edited by kfc (July 26 2014)

#316 July 26 2014

TechXero

kfc wrote:

does anyone know when will IDM give us back the 2mbps instead of 1mbps? they keep blaming it on ogero...

Are you on an unlimited plan? Coz the 2mbps plans working nicely full throttle no issues here on limited plan. Am currently updating OSX Yosemite to latest beta. 1gb almost done is 55 minutes.

Also if you had 1mbps before! you gotta wait till after first of August for all users get upgraded to higher speeds depending of how much you were paying you will be switched to the plan of same price.

Proof
lKT11nR.jpg

Last edited by TechXero (July 26 2014)

#317 July 26 2014

kfc

TechXero wrote:
kfc wrote:

Are you on an unlimited plan? Coz the 2mbps plans working nicely full throttle no issues here on limited plan. Am currently updating OSX Yosemite to latest beta. 1gb almost done is 55 minutes.

Also if you had 1mbps before! you gotta wait till after first of August for all users get upgraded to higher speeds depending of how much you were paying you will be switched to the plan of same price.

Proof
http://i.imgur.com/lKT11nR.jpg

i used to be 1 mbps/5gb. they upgraded me to 2 mbps/40gb for 2 days then downgraded me to 1 mbps/40gb and asked me to wait for ogero.

#318 July 26 2014

TechXero

That means you will have to wait until early August. I was 2mbps 20gb got upgraded to 2mbps unlimited it was a nightmare due to the shit called FUP, so waited till my Cycle was over and refilled to 2mbps 50gb and all is good again no issues whatsoever as you saw in pic.

#319 July 26 2014

wollyka

Yep, still waiting for them to see if my line/CO can handle 8 Mbps.. It is been 3 weeks now and every time they inform me that they didn't receive the results yet!

#320 July 26 2014

TechXero

wollyka wrote:

Yep, still waiting for them to see if my line/CO can handle 8 Mbps.. It is been 3 weeks now and every time they inform me that they didn't receive the results yet!

They will as of early August. Be patient.

I was patient and waited for my Cycle to be over to refill with limited plan and now am enjoying a stable connection as always. I stream all day long, update stuff, my connection not dropping below 2M. In Lebanon you gotta be patient. Getting angry and bashing everyone on your way won't get you anywhere sadly x(

#321 July 26 2014

wollyka

True but my cycle ends on the 4th of August. I will be  stuck for another month

#322 July 26 2014

TechXero

wollyka wrote:

True but my cycle ends on the 4th of August. I will be  stuck for another month

No if you requested an upgrade they will reply and/or upgrade you by the 4th. All you gotta do is once you get the final ok to get the card equivalent to your new plan.

#323 July 26 2014

andrew55

@TechXero If there are caps being set on one-threaded downloads, then only internet download manager (and programs similar to it) would be the only one giving you full bandwidth, which isn't the case. you said you are streaming and browsing normally which is weird b/c when it's like that browsing and watching videos on youtube is relatively slow!

#324 July 26 2014

TechXero

andrew55 wrote:

@TechXero If there are caps being set on one-threaded downloads, then only internet download manager (and programs similar to it) would be the only one giving you full bandwidth, which isn't the case. you said you are streaming and browsing normally which is weird b/c when it's like that browsing and watching videos on youtube is relatively slow!

Yep. I found that to be weird as well. But it seems the single threaded caps are applied randomly throughout the day if at all. It was like that for me first 2 days after I switched back to limited then those caps disappeared haven't suffered any since.

Like you, I don't get it.

#325 July 26 2014

wollyka

Yep yesterday and today no caps are applied, all is speedy and normal, Maybe because it is the weekend

Board footer