LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#276 July 24 2014

andrew55

Re: Feedback for IDM

Check your consumption tomorrow. I've noticed a 2 day delay on their website.. I'm sure you will see it tomorrow!

#277 July 24 2014

TechXero

andrew55 wrote:

Check your consumption tomorrow. I've noticed a 2 day delay on their website.. I'm sure you will see it tomorrow!

I will do just that. Hope they don't fix it lol.

#278 July 24 2014

speenxya

Online games are unplayable after 11pm...just because consumption is free at that time does not mean that it has the gaming experience for the rest of us.
If it does not get better soon , i'm changing to ogero...and i don't care if i have to wait 2 months or even 3, i'm paying 50$ per month , i expect a stable connection.

#279 July 24 2014

Raficoo

speenxya wrote:

Online games are unplayable after 11pm...just because consumption is free at that time does not mean that it has the gaming experience for the rest of us.
If it does not get better soon , i'm changing to ogero...and i don't care if i have to wait 2 months or even 3, i'm paying 50$ per month , i expect a stable connection.

just wait a week or so as for Ogero users to finally get their new plans(unlimited included) activated as we're planning to put the "unlimited" word to the test and see if there will be a FUP or not so to give other users who want to join feedback on this.

#280 July 24 2014

speenxya

well it's got nothing to do with FUP , its been like that since before the update too , but it happened less frequently. the latency is good , but getting too much spikes and jitters. Hope it would get fixed.

#281 July 24 2014

andrew55

You're right. It's annoying! and i still don't think they received any E1s from MOT yet...

#282 July 24 2014

TechXero

speenxya wrote:

well it's got nothing to do with FUP , its been like that since before the update too , but it happened less frequently. the latency is good , but getting too much spikes and jitters. Hope it would get fixed.

Online gaming in Lebanon never was any good. That's why I never got into it. I only play single player. Plus I only get pirated games so not a choice anyway.

I do have 133 games I bought on Steam via bundles. Can't download coz of the so awesome connection here (sarcasm)...

#283 July 24 2014

speenxya

actually its not bad , if you play european servers , the latency is 130ms or so , which is great. but it seems to flunctuate at IDM  in those free times...

#284 July 24 2014

TechXero

speenxya wrote:

actually its not bad , if you play european servers , the latency is 130ms or so , which is great. but it seems to flunctuate at IDM  in those free times...

Ok, so you play during FNQ time, but how do you download your games ? They are huge. Like Wolfenstein was 44gb. So decided to cut the corners n get pirated version just coz I could ask friends to help download it.

#285 July 24 2014

andrew55

How do i post a speed test image here?

#286 July 24 2014

TechXero

andrew55 wrote:

How do i post a speed test image here?

Click share result then forum tab copy paste link here

#287 July 24 2014

speenxya

i digitally download them , theyre usually 15gig , i download during nights.

#288 July 24 2014

TechXero

speenxya wrote:

I know you download digitally, we all do. But what you are telling me is that you wake up at 6am to pause then resume the next might etc? Coz steam has no scheduler. I wish it did.

#289 July 24 2014

andrew55

3645911299.png

and i'm downloading at 450 KB/s on IDM... web browsing is slow as usual...

#290 July 24 2014

TechXero

andrew55 wrote:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3645911299.png

and i'm downloading at 450 KB/s on IDM... web browsing is slow as usual...

How many times do I have to repeat myself before you guys get it. Speedtest is a single threaded test. Download managers and uTorrent are multi threaded. So it's kinda pointless.

Am done. Time to start downloading Final Cut Pro X update .

Last edited by TechXero (July 24 2014)

#291 July 24 2014

wollyka

TechXero wrote:
speenxya wrote:

I know you download digitally, we all do. But what you are telling me is that you wake up at 6am to pause then resume the next might etc? Coz steam has no scheduler. I wish it did.

Easy, schedule a PC shutdown or run an automatic script that will disconnect the net  :)

#292 July 24 2014

speenxya

well i usually wake up at 7 am for work , so i shut down the pc :) , or just leave it if i still have consumption. but yeah you can also schedule pc shutdown

#293 July 24 2014

TechXero

Easy, schedule a PC shutdown or run an automatic script that will disconnect the net  :)

well i usually wake up at 7 am for work , so i shut down the pc :) , or just leave it if i still have consumption. but yeah you can also schedule pc shutdown

Yeah, too much hassle. With IDM just schedule 2 clicks. I haven't shut down my PC in exactly, 8 months. I leave it on coz I use it during the day n it downloads during the night. And we all know nothing will happen to a PC if it's left on. Well, unless you got a tiny 850W UPS on it.

I HAVE to have a 2200W UPS coz the Power Supply or PSU I have is 1200W by Thermaltake so yeah. Plus that UPS lasts 30 minutes.

#294 July 24 2014

nefe_lpmk

TechXero wrote:
speenxya wrote:

Steam Has a scheduler, go to steam -> settings -> downloads -> download restrictions -> limit auto-updating schedule From x to y
(This includes downloads).

#295 July 24 2014

nosense

TechXero wrote:
speenxya wrote:

Ok, so you play during FNQ time, but how do you download your games ? They are huge. Like Wolfenstein was 44gb. So decided to cut the corners n get pirated version just coz I could ask friends to help download it.

get the pirated copy and place the files in the legit game folder

EDIT : pirated copy from a DVD shop of course

Last edited by nosense (July 24 2014)

#296 July 24 2014

TechXero

Steam Has a scheduler, go to steam -> settings -> downloads -> download restrictions -> limit auto-updating schedule From x to y

Well it's well hidden. Nowhere do they mention that. Thanks for heads up. Maybe now I might get one or 2 games.

Won't work coz Pirated games are decoded Steam files. Steam is different.

#297 July 24 2014

nosense

TechXero wrote:

Well it's well hidden. Nowhere do they mention that. Thanks for heads up. Maybe now I might get one or 2 games.

Won't work coz Pirated games are decoded Steam files. Steam is different.

pirated copy most of the times contain a crack folder , unless you apply the crack the files are originally downloaded from steam you can replace it , I have done it many times on origin with bf3 , bf4 and fifa 14

#298 July 24 2014

TechXero

pirated copy most of the times contain a crack folder , unless you apply the crack the files are originally downloaded from steam you can replace it , I have done it many times on origin with bf3 , bf4 and fifa 14

My bad, I should have clarified this, but I get Repacks by z10yded coz they are tiny since they only include English n russian, pre-cracked and include all DLCs and most importantly an updater for easy updating.

I have even created a placeholder for their torrents http://z10yded.xero-filez.us

#299 July 24 2014

nosense

TechXero wrote:

My bad, I should have clarified this, but I get Repacks by z10yeded coz they are pre-cracked and include all DLCs and most importantly an updater for easy updating.

I have even created a placeholder for their torrents http://z10yded.xero-filez.us

You are missing the point here , I gave this solution to avoid any downloading , you get the dvd from the shop and then steam or origin or whatever will correct any missing file and apply the updates , it would be a 1 gb instead of 30

#300 July 24 2014

TechXero

You are missing the point here , I gave this solution to avoid any downloading , you get the dvd from the shop and then steam or origin or whatever will correct any missing file and apply the updates , it would be a 1 gb instead of 30

You are missing a point as well, shops here rarely and I do mean as rare as us finding a snake with 2 heads, do shops have original files. I have bought like hundreds of games from various shops, souq al a7ad etc, and all I get are some sort of pre-cracked Syrian repacks. SCC and whatnot.

Board footer