LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 July 3 2013

Aveline

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 in Lebanon?

tt400 wrote:
Aveline wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:

Yeah it's snapdragon 600 so you can also install the AOSP ROM extracted from the google version of the S4. Besides there's LTE.
If you find any please make sure to tell us :-)

First of all, even if you install a US or UK ROM, LTE won't work because simply the i9500 doesn't have the LTE chip. The reason the i9505 isn't octa core is so that there is sufficient power and capacity to run an LTE chip. Samsung is releasing a newer variant of the S4 called the Galaxy S4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S), which has even better speeds than the LTE S4 and includes the Snapdragon 800 chipset, which beats the two other S4s in the benchmarks. Second, you also have to consider the frequency of the 4G used here in Lebanon. We have yet to know what it is. It would be a waste to buy a phone with LTE and turn out to work on a different frequency than that of Lebanon.

The SHV-E330S is only being released in South Korea. It might not even be an S4 at all. It might be the Note 3.

EDIT: On a side note, please also let me know if any of you find an I9505.

The SHV-E330S is confirmed to be a variant of the S4, and yes, it is only available in South Korea. It can be bought from eBay with a PayPal account for $950+, and can work in Lebanon as well.

#27 July 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

So no new sources for i9505?
Class is claiming they have it but it's very expensive (as usual with them) 680$ with a 1 week warranty lol

#28 July 10 2013

yasamoka

1 week warranty, can't get any better than that. Abuse the phone for a whole week and see if it holds up

#29 July 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Yeah but it's way too expensive for an S4,damn new law and damn CTC!
It would have been at 500$ now

#30 July 10 2013

Ziad87

A few days ago I asked a sales rep in the Samsung store. He said they aren't interested in getting it now since the 4G networks aren't fully operational yet. They plan to get it when the 4G networks become operational. He also said it would be more expensive than the i9500.

#31 July 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

The i9500 is just cheaper for them, 4G is just an excuse, the i9505 has CM roms while i9500 doesn't,and it's a killer thing as touchwiz on S4 is laggy

#32 July 10 2013

bermudapineapple

vegetaleb wrote:

So no new sources for i9505?
Class is claiming they have it but it's very expensive (as usual with them) 680$ with a 1 week warranty lol

Wait, what? Class has it? I will buy it for that much if it means it hasn't been opened. I found a guy on Elmazad who's selling his and I managed to get the price down to $570 with an E6. He was originally asking for $650.

EDIT: By the way, I've been looking for an I9505 everywhere. Everywhere. I can't believe I didn't ask at Class.

Last edited by bermudapineapple (July 10 2013)

#33 July 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Class ABC claimed to have it but not at Mar Elias, I think they just say anything to sell at ABC.
The guy from elmazad used the phone for a week already,he just say ''it still has the screen protector on'' big LOL.
For me S4 i9500 = zero interest, it looks like Lebanese who bought it don't even know we can flash custom roms

#34 July 10 2013

Ziad87

Believe it or not, most people actually like and prefer TouchWiz. So the mass consumers don't even know or care about custom roms. But yeah I agree with you, personally I wouldn't even think of getting the i9500.

By the way, HTC claimed that they will release the stock Google rom for anyone to install on their One. In addition, they will allow us to revert back to the Sense rom. Will Samsung do the same for the i9505 or are you forced to use leaked roms?

#35 July 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Google Edition rom is already available at XDA,I didn't flash it yet because I will lose the Zoe and internet pass through from Sense,though I may try MIUI just for fun

#36 July 10 2013

yasamoka

vegetaleb wrote:

The i9500 is just cheaper for them, 4G is just an excuse, the i9505 has CM roms while i9500 doesn't,and it's a killer thing as touchwiz on S4 is laggy

The i9500 is the international model. That's to be expected.

#37 July 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

yasamoka wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

The i9500 is the international model. That's to be expected.

From GSM Arena http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ … ew-930.php

''The Galaxy S4 Octa is available only on a few select markets, and the Snapdragon 600 version is shaping up to be what we like to call the "international" model. Despite what some would have you believe, the reason for pushing the (initially intended only for the US) Snapdragon version to international markets is not its exclusive LTE support.''

#38 July 10 2013

Roudykh

I just found one on waseet for 650$.
GB8yf6F.jpg

#39 July 10 2013

bermudapineapple

Roudykh wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/GB8yf6F.jpg

Thank you, sir. I'll be giving them a call soon. I hope it isn't bullshit.

#40 July 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Hahaha my HTC One is still the most expensive phone out
Today I saw my friend's S4 ,he dropped on a table (it's what he said) the right lower corner was like a chewing gum, I dunno if I will swap anymore,the main complaint of the One is that it easily get micro scratches on the silver border just like the iphone5,but if my friend is telling the truth and the S4 become a chewing gum with a 10cm drop...

#41 July 11 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

tt400 wrote:
Roudykh wrote:

I called them and they really have it + warranty of the shop.
Though now I am much less tempted to switch from One to S4 after what I saw

#42 July 11 2013

bermudapineapple

vegetaleb wrote:
tt400 wrote:
Roudykh wrote:

Thanks. I'm going to go and find out if they have it. I've been told over the phone that they stock the I9505 and when I get there, suddenly they don't sell it and have never sold it. I'll believe it when I pop open the back panel and read the model number in my own eyes.

And don't worry about your friend's S4. He might have just had bad luck. If the S4 is anything like the S3, I dropped my S3 many times back when it was still working, with distances much greater than 10cm, and nothing happened. Your friend was just unlucky.

#43 July 11 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Yeah and the 13mp camera is amazing

#44 July 13 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

tt400 wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
tt400 wrote:

Thanks. I'm going to go and find out if they have it. I've been told over the phone that they stock the I9505 and when I get there, suddenly they don't sell it and have never sold it. I'll believe it when I pop open the back panel and read the model number in my own eyes.

And don't worry about your friend's S4. He might have just had bad luck. If the S4 is anything like the S3, I dropped my S3 many times back when it was still working, with distances much greater than 10cm, and nothing happened. Your friend was just unlucky.

Still no news?

#45 July 13 2013

bermudapineapple

vegetaleb wrote:
tt400 wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Still no news?

Sorry, bro. I'm still in the mountains. I'll be heading back to Beirut on Monday so I'll check then and let you know.

#46 July 15 2013

bermudapineapple

Just got back from 70 Cell Shop. They have it brand new in the box with one year warranty. I checked the model number myself. $650.

#47 July 16 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Can we say mabrouk then?
I wanted to swap from my One to S4 9505 but ALL my friends including an ex-owner of S4 told me that the One is miles better than S4 which is nothing but a bigger S3.
So I kinda loosed interest on the S4
S4 wins in camera and screen size but lose in sunlight readability,premium feeling,stereo speakers(though not loudness),UI speed and more convenient apps (internet pass through)
S4 has more accessories available in Lebanon and an official dealer to back you up,HTC one has poor choice of covers (or very expensive) and no wakil in case of serious problem (broken screen,hardware defect...)
So voila,all and all both have big advantages and small negatives and I am lost because it's now or never (got a customer for the One)

Last edited by vegetaleb (July 16 2013)

#48 July 16 2013

bermudapineapple

Haha, I didn't get mine yet. He has more than one so don't rush to get it. I don't know, man. You're deciding between two very good phone so obviously the choice will be hard. But for me, the choice is very much on the side of Samsung mainly because I've had the S3 and I've used it and I trust the S series. Also a very big issue for me is a removable battery for my phone. I don't like when a company decides that I cannot remove my battery. This pushes me to the S4. I'll be going to the store and buying mine in about a month since I'm saving up the money for it now.

#49 July 16 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

tt400 wrote:

Haha, I didn't get mine yet. He has more than one so don't rush to get it. I don't know, man. You're deciding between two very good phone so obviously the choice will be hard. But for me, the choice is very much on the side of Samsung mainly because I've had the S3 and I've used it and I trust the S series. Also a very big issue for me is a removable battery for my phone. I don't like when a company decides that I cannot remove my battery. This pushes me to the S4. I'll be going to the store and buying mine in about a month since I'm saving up the money for it now.

He told you warranty 1 year on everything or only software?

#50 July 16 2013

bermudapineapple

vegetaleb wrote:
tt400 wrote:

He told you warranty 1 year on everything or only software?

Shit, I didn't ask him to specify. Sorry. Call and ask.

Last edited by bermudapineapple (July 16 2013)

Board footer