LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 August 2 2013

Zahix

Re: CrossFire / SLI tips & tweaks

Getting more heat in general ingame. But it's happening on idle as well.

#52 August 2 2013

yasamoka

Is ULPS off or on?

#53 August 2 2013

Zahix

It's on

EDIT: I noticed that ZeroCore technology isn't working .

EDIT2 : I have a feeling it's the MSI AB.

Last edited by Zahix (August 2 2013)

#54 August 3 2013

yasamoka

Try with ULPS off. Turn it off via MSI AB. You need the newer beta versions.

Last edited by yasamoka (August 3 2013)

#55 August 7 2013

Zahix

After Turning ULPS off, It didn't happen since then.

#56 August 7 2013

yasamoka

Great. These drivers were a disaster for me stability-wise. Hopped on a fresh installation of Windows 8 a couple days ago, maybe I will try this driver again.

#57 August 7 2013

Zahix

What problems did you have with the drivers?

#58 August 7 2013

yasamoka

Freeze, crash to desktop, and reboot with high GPU load in games & benches. Black screen on Windows startup which I fixed with a reinstall. Couldn't fold. Disaster.

#59 September 22 2013

edhunter

Hello guys,

I just got a 2nd Vapor-x 7950. I uninstalled all previous drives and installed the drivers again from the catalyst CD it came with.

I am not sure if its working as its supposed to - in the catalyst overdrive menu the first GPU gets full load while the second is still 0 for example when run unigene. Though I tried when I first installed and I got double frame rate.

Can anyone suggest some tools to run some better monitoring and testing on these?

thanks,
Ed

#60 September 22 2013

Zahix

First, Congrats on the new card, I own the same ones but 2x8pin power and I can't be more satisfied.

Second, this will sound obvious, however, I will ask. Have you put the Crossfire Bridges on the cards?

Third, Make sure in the Bios that both Pci-e cards slots are working at 8x.

Fourth, always download Driver from the official website and never from CDs. they are always outdated . (are you on windows 8.1 ??)

You don't need to download CAP with 13.8 as it comes with it built-in.

You need to enable Xfire from catalyst before anything.

Don't put load on the cards before checking the above first. if all are OK then I will help you with further troubleshooting.

#61 September 22 2013

edhunter

Zahix wrote:

First, Congrats on the new card, I own the same ones but 2x8pin power and I can't be more satisfied.

Second, this will sound obvious, however, I will ask. Have you put the Crossfire Bridges on the cards?

Third, Make sure in the Bios that both Pci-e cards slots are working at 8x.

Fourth, always download Driver from the official website and never from CDs. they are always outdated . (are you on windows 8.1 ??)

You don't need to download CAP with 13.8 as it comes with it built-in.

You need to enable Xfire from catalyst before anything.

Don't put load on the cards before checking the above first. if all are OK then I will help you with further troubleshooting.

Thanks Zahix for your inputs, I will go by your checklist.

I also have two 2x8pin power cards and  have the crossfire bridge installed between the two cards.

I went to the Bios of my GA UD5H mobo, and in the Misc. settings I found something on PEF Gen 3 slot configuration it used to be on Auto, so I changed it to Gen 2. Is that it?

My OS is Win7 64bit. I am downloading the latest version of the drivers version 13.9.

Currently, I do see the Enable Xfire option in the Catalyst and it's on.

thanks,
Ed

#62 September 22 2013

Zahix

Keep them on Auto, Gen3.it will detect both gpus and choose 8x8

Do a sweep of AMD drivers from safe more and install 13.8 driver because 13.9 doesn't have the Crossfire benefits and Frame pacing.

let me know what happens after you do that.

You can download Msi Afterburner and check the load of both gpus On screen in game. both should be running.

#63 September 23 2013

edhunter

Zahix wrote:

Keep them on Auto, Gen3.it will detect both gpus and choose 8x8

Do a sweep of AMD drivers from safe more and install 13.8 driver because 13.9 doesn't have the Crossfire benefits and Frame pacing.

let me know what happens after you do that.

You can download Msi Afterburner and check the load of both gpus On screen in game. both should be running.

"Do a sweep of AMD drivers from safe more" --do you mean to uninstall all the AMD drivers from Safe mode?

And do you have a link for a stable version of 13.8 driver. It seems like beta2 and with lots of issues on xfire setup.

thanks,
Ed

Last edited by edhunter (September 23 2013)

#64 September 23 2013

yasamoka

Congrats for the new card. (Relatively) good timing.

Better to cleanly uninstall AMD drivers by using a tool like ATIMAN. I use that and it works for me. Aim straight for 13.10 Beta, skip 13.9 WHQL as that does not contain the Frame-Pacing improvements that AMD released since August 1. Frame-Pacing is vital for smoothness if you don't use VSync or FPS caps in your games.

#65 September 24 2013

edhunter

yasamoka wrote:

Congrats for the new card. (Relatively) good timing.

Better to cleanly uninstall AMD drivers by using a tool like ATIMAN. I use that and it works for me. Aim straight for 13.10 Beta, skip 13.9 WHQL as that does not contain the Frame-Pacing improvements that AMD released since August 1. Frame-Pacing is vital for smoothness if you don't use VSync or FPS caps in your games.

Thanks yasamoka for the tips. Here is what happened. Downloaded the ATIMAN software uninstalled all the previous drives, installed the 13.10 drivers...now I have one card reading 0 clocks on catalyst...WzGOXA8.png

any idea, I can even see that there is no light from the second card in the case, its like its off or something now
thanks,
Ed

Last edited by edhunter (September 24 2013)

#66 September 25 2013

yasamoka

Then it's working, this is ZeroCore technology active. It powers down the first card when the display signal is off, and the second card when there is no application using CrossFire.

If you cannot get all readings off the second GPU AND / OR get the 99% GPU usage bug on the second GPU, then install MSI Afterburner Beta and turn off ULPS in the settings.

#67 October 12 2013

Zahix

Hey guys, What kind of performance are you getting in BF4 ?
I had a few problems when I installed and I thought I should share it with you.

My FPS was really low at Ultra setting and it was madly throttling so I decided to disable Vsync. Somehow the game got super fast but with tearing of course. So I set a profile for it on Radeonpro to limit the fps to 60 and now It is super smooth at Ultra.

Although I can't see any OSD from MSI AB nor RP to check the usage of the cards and fps variations.
Give me your feedback on the game to see if I missing something

Board footer