LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 May 18 2012

shant

Re: My new GTX 680 Rig.

Beej wrote:

@Shant: Sahha bro sahha. Before grammar people come her, health Shant Health (yea google translates to this)

here* haha, thanks man

#27 May 18 2012

shant

AVOlio wrote:
shant wrote:

*cough hard drive cough speed cough slow cough cough*

Why do you think that the hard disk is slow ?! :3

And what does the hard disk "speed" even matter for ?

because hard drives are normally slow, hard drives lack speed the new generation hardware needs, think of it this way, your cpu can process a 1000 files in a second, but your hard drive can only hand over 100 files a second, it limits your processor as well as windows speed, you'd expect every program to launch instantly as you click them with an i7, but won't happen with just 1 hard drive, how about you go with 2x 500GB in raid 0 ?
ask tarek or yasamoka for more detailed explanations

#28 May 19 2012

AVOlio

Ok thanks for the suggestion Guys,
You already know the specifications of my future Rig,
Can you suggest me a perfect Hard Drive to match with it ?!

Also, tell me what do you think about the Mobo,  Asus P9H77-V LE , is it good or i should get better?

Another also, i am still believing that the 750W PSU is not enough!
As alot of other guys,have lower GPU's lover CPU's and lower Mobo's, but they have like 1200W PSU's !

I have a couple of other questions, so hang on tight, its not quite finished yet
-Will the 1200W UPS, handle my Case and the 32'' Samsung LCD TV ??

-I read a couple of posts from you guys in this topic,
And i kind of started worrying about this thing.
Am i going to be able to play 1920*1080p resolution games on my LCD 32'' TV, withouut ANY problem ??!

Last edited by AVOlio (May 19 2012)

#29 May 20 2012

AvoK95

Your hard drive is good. Any hard drive will perform the same as the one you have. The only option is to get an SSD. But you don't need an SSD, since this rig will not need it. If you get an SSD the only difference you'll notice is shorter loading screens. If you want a slightly faster HDD then get the Western Digital Caviar Black that I suggested with costs around 200$ (Which is way off your budget.)

The motherboard is good. I picked the H77 chip set because you won't be using the Z77 chip sets overclocking features. Plus the H77 has the key features you'll need like USB 3.0, PCI E 3.0 ect. If you want you can use the ASUS P8Z77-V LX. which is around the same price range.

Concerning the PSU. 750W is enough. People tend to overkill with PSU's for future upgrades. Plus older components use more power. For example the i 2500k uses up to 95W of power whereas the i5 3570k uses up to only 77W, or the GTX 570 uses around 150W of power whereas the GTX 670 uses only around 90 to 100W.

Note that you won't be overclocking the system. When overclocking a 95W CPU it can use up to 200W of power. Even for a graphics card, if it's 150W it can use up to 300 to 350 W (Especially if it's a high end card like yours).

Note that your system won't even use the fully 750W of power, it would only use up to 500W. You won't be even using the full 100% performance of the hardware because there is no game or program yet in existence that uses the full performance so you might be using even 300W instead of 500.

1200VA = 780W. If your TV uses up to 250W , that could leave you with 530W. But I still use a 1500VA (1050W) Just to be safe. You'r whole PC + TV should run about 5 to 10 minutes without power.

A GTX 560 (A very very slow card compared to the GTX 670) can play any game at 1080p. The size of the screen doesn't matter. You can use a 102" Screen that's 1920x1080 and still get the same performance as a 19" 1920x1080 screen. So you don't need to worry about facing any problems in gaming. The only time you need to worry about a higher end card is when you're gonna game in 2 or 3 screens at the same time (Nvidia Surround).

#30 May 31 2012

AVOlio

Guys,
Will a 2000 VA   UPS,  Support this new rig+the 32' TV+ The PS3  ??! 

If yes, for how long ?!    (all of them together lets say)

#31 May 31 2012

ballad

I have a 1200VA apc ups that's holding a 32' tv, a 24' screen, a pc , xbox and ps3
note that the pc is always on and when I am using the ps3 or the xbox, the ups stays on for about 7-8 minutes

#32 June 6 2012

AVOlio

Guys im gonna get from PCandParts   PC Star  UPS 2000 VA. 

What do you think of this brand ?!  Tell me your experiences

#33 June 6 2012

taekh3

@AVOlio: Mate, stick with one of those brands “PCE or APC” those are the best in the business.

Note: based on your rig specs the 2000VA is more then you really need.

#34 June 6 2012

AVOlio

Thanks tarek.
I know that its more than enough..
But i thought of hooking all my Tv+Rig+PS3 on the UPS. 
And if its still more than enough.  then it would be just to last longer.

There is PCE 2000 VA on pcandparts,  XP series . 
What does that mean ?! 
It wont work with Vista or 7 they mean, or something.. ?!

#35 June 6 2012

yasamoka

AVOlio wrote:

What does that mean ?! 

hehehe...if the UPS has a USB port, then it MAY (MAY!) need drivers in order for Windows to support monitoring UPS battery level. However, I do think that this stuff is usually generic, and that any UPS would work directly with any version of Windows without the need for specialized drivers (since all UPSes would offer this function in probably the same way).

If the UPS does not have a USB port, then there is absolutely no way the UPS could know what component is drawing power from it. In that case, it is independent of OS.

I may be making you think more about something that should really be much simpler, but I tend to take into account stuff that might usually be missed.

#36 June 6 2012

taekh3

@AVOlio: Mate, those are just names; nothing else.

Last edited by tarekelkhaledi (June 6 2012)

#37 June 6 2012

xterm

Something to note, you need to ensure that your alternative power system (Generator, APS, etc...) is capable of recharging your UPS. I've had problems with the 1200VA on a 6.5A generator sub. The problem was mostly when the generator turns on and the electricity switches.

#38 June 6 2012

AVOlio

What kind of Problems you mean man ?!
We have 10A  Generator subscription (although i doubt the guy is giving us 10A, cause all the time its ticking when the electricity goes off, even if we turn everything off in the house)  anyway,

What kind of problems you mean?
When the electricity goes off, the UPS will keep the attachments On, and then when the generator is on, the attachments will be On through generator power, not UPS power !
Anyway, tell me more about the problems you had Xterm.

Another thing guys, i had never figured this one out.
When we have a UPS (Any PC UPS.. )   Should we keep it all the time plugged in charging.. or..?!

Last edited by AVOlio (June 6 2012)

#39 June 6 2012

shant

yasamoka wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

What does that mean ?! 

hehehe...if the UPS has a USB port, then it MAY (MAY!) need drivers in order for Windows to support monitoring UPS battery level. However, I do think that this stuff is usually generic, and that any UPS would work directly with any version of Windows without the need for specialized drivers (since all UPSes would offer this function in probably the same way).

If the UPS does not have a USB port, then there is absolutely no way the UPS could know what component is drawing power from it. In that case, it is independent of OS.

I may be making you think more about something that should really be much simpler, but I tend to take into account stuff that might usually be missed.

i haven't confirmed this, but most ups's now kind of have a telephone port ? i never knew what that was, i think at one time i saw a usb to telephone plug cable for an ups, maybe thats how it works ? (weird i know)

#40 June 7 2012

Rubz

I believe the "telephone ports" are so that you may pass your phone/network lines through the ups for surge protection

#41 June 7 2012

xterm

AVOlio wrote:

cause all the time its ticking when the electricity goes off, even if we turn everything off in the house)

This EXACT problem happened to me when i had 6.5A.

When I upped to 10A, the problem stopped occurring.

#42 June 7 2012

Rubz

xterm wrote:

When I upped to 10A, the problem stopped occurring.

I solved this issue by buying a 1000va online ups

#43 June 7 2012

AVOlio

Guys,   Xterm , Rubz
What kind of problem are you talking about ?!
You mean the UPS wont handle the attachments ?! and when electricity goes off, they will be turned off also?!

Also guys, still no one has given me an answer to this,
If i get Any UPS, should i keep it plugged in and charging all the time ? or should i turn it off when not using ?!

Last edited by AVOlio (June 7 2012)

#44 June 7 2012

xterm

AVOlio wrote:

What kind of problem are you talking about ?!

I already told you, it's exactly what you said earlier.

#45 June 7 2012

AVOlio

Oh ok.  now i get it.
So its not a problem with the UPS.. the UPS will keep the attachments on, but just the generator will tick.
thanks,

So how about some help with the Keeping the UPS charged all the time or not ?!

#46 June 7 2012

taekh3

@AVOlio: Mate, it is sure that you should keep the UPS charging all the time.

#47 June 7 2012

solo220

@ AVOlio :   if you have a descent UPS you should keep it  plugged in and charging all the time , because it will monitor the battery charge state and shut the charging off automatically  .

Last edited by solo220 (June 7 2012)

#48 June 7 2012

AVOlio

Hmm,  thanks guys

#49 June 7 2012

cmwic

@AVOlio,

three month ago i bought MGE Eaton E-Series NV 2000H 2000VA from pc and parts and it's perfect, under full load it lasts 10 min, i really recommend it.

#50 June 7 2012

AVOlio

10 minutes ?  What are the attachments man ?

Board footer