LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#876 December 14 2014

AvoK95

Re: Feedback for Ogero

aliessayli2 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Try cyberia they have unlimited nights, but again standard packages regarding quota. Their prices are reasonable, i mean like other isps..

Cyberia was my ISP before I switched to Sodetel, on my main connection. They were quite bad a few years ago, how are they now?

2MB 40GB Package
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3984132264.png

http://s29.postimg.org/iddc2bjzr/cmd.png

Seems good, thanks.

#877 December 14 2014

maulader

AvoK95 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Try cyberia they have unlimited nights, but again standard packages regarding quota. Their prices are reasonable, i mean like other isps..

Cyberia was my ISP before I switched to Sodetel, on my main connection. They were quite bad a few years ago, how are they now?

We have cyberia at work, it's completely bad and their customer service is even worse.

#878 December 14 2014

AvoK95

Well I guess it depends on the location. My location will be Achkout, so I don't think I'll have much issue, given that there are like 2 Wi-Fi SSIDs around me.

#879 December 16 2014

Earthmaster

Has anyone experienced a rise in latency lately?
Before the upgrades my latency used to be stable arround 90 then rose to 120 which is no big deal. But now its been a week my ping which stayed stable at 120 for 5month rose to 170 and now 260.
The problem is these are not lag spikes... The latency is stable at 260 now.
I used to be on the 2mbits 20gb plan before the upgrade and then got moved to 2mbits 40gb and last 3 months i was on the 2mbits unlimited plan.

#880 December 16 2014

Raficoo

Earthmaster wrote:

Has anyone experienced a rise in latency lately?
Before the upgrades my latency used to be stable arround 90 then rose to 120 which is no big deal. But now its been a week my ping which stayed stable at 120 for 5month rose to 170 and now 260.
The problem is these are not lag spikes... The latency is stable at 260 now.
I used to be on the 2mbits 20gb plan before the upgrade and then got moved to 2mbits 40gb and last 3 months i was on the 2mbits unlimited plan.

Nothing unusual on my side:
ping.png
I'm on 2mbit/s unlimited plan.

#881 December 16 2014

FakeDsl

It is a steady 48 at my friends house:

WOpSfzs.png

#882 December 17 2014

DG

I just started experiencing that. My ping to google,com jumped from 100ms to 180ms a few hours ago.
Anyone else with this problem ?

#883 December 17 2014

Ramnesia

Experiencing that too.

#884 December 17 2014

m_zeid

try it with bbc.co.uk seems normal, maybe google related :) ?

#885 December 18 2014

maulader

I am having higher latencies then the usual lately at many points during the day, it goes to 120 or 150ms stable and stays there a few hours. But nothing like you described Earthmaster, i'm still at a stable 90ms most the time.

#886 December 19 2014

leblinux

Hello,

I might move dsl from Terranet to Ogero, anyone knows if they give admin access on their router upon request?

#887 December 20 2014

A.I.

Does anybody know Ogero's VPI and VCI values?

Thanks

Last edited by A.I. (December 20 2014)

#888 December 20 2014

Sfenjy

Vpi=0    vci=35

#889 December 21 2014

chassis

my upload and download usage has been showing as 0 this entire month on the ogero website, anyone else facing this issue ?

PS: its not really an issue

Last edited by chassis (December 21 2014)

#890 December 23 2014

joem

Hello,

Ok, I am Wise and since MP Boutros Harb asked to have at least 2MB down, my connection after 5pm get close to zero and giving me hard time daytime.

Here's a conversation I got with Wise sales:
"Joe: Dear, the connection is close to zero, day and night
Salesperson: yes, there is high traffic
Joe: If a new client wishes to have DSL, would u sell him/her
Salesperson: yes, we do
Joe: but you are overcharging the network while it is already fully loaded
Salesperson: Ogero is working on that"

Lesson: hypocrisy/abuse of the internet providers;

I am thinking of shifting to Ogero with a new account. (I am with sin el fil Centrale).
I need speed. would you advise me to go on Ogero?

Thanx

#891 December 23 2014

hussam

joem wrote:

Hello,

Ok, I am Wise and since MP Boutros Harb asked to have at least 2MB down, my connection after 5pm get close to zero and giving me hard time daytime.

Here's a conversation I got with Wise sales:
"Joe: Dear, the connection is close to zero, day and night
Salesperson: yes, there is high traffic
Joe: If a new client wishes to have DSL, would u sell him/her
Salesperson: yes, we do
Joe: but you are overcharging the network while it is already fully loaded
Salesperson: Ogero is working on that"

Lesson: hypocrisy/abuse of the internet providers;

I am thinking of shifting to Ogero with a new account. (I am with sin el fil Centrale).
I need speed. would you advise me to go on Ogero?

Thanx

The problem is that Ogero's prices are very low and private ISPs are forced to compete with them.
2Mbit unlimited for 50 dollars only + 6 dollars for the phone line is basically giving away free internet. No one needs more than 2Mbit.
It costs a private ISP more money to give you 512k than it does for Ogero to give you 2Mbit. So we either have to all abandon private ISPs and go to Ogero (and hurting the private sector while doing so), or private ISPs have to raise their prices to get more bandwidth from Ogero. But if they do so, they will lose customers.
And since it is pain to switch between between DSL providers (from what I read on forums), people are stuck with their current providers.
Ogero needs to supply providers with cheaper bandwidth.

#892 December 24 2014

joem

Hussam,

Ok, but is Ogero giving good connection or similar to ISP's?

Now, as for the private sector, man, we don't wish to hurt the private sector but the private sector is not providing reasonable connection. anno, close to zero after 5pm!!!
Many won't mind to pay more if private ISPs give good connection; Ma we are paying $20 for NO connection!!!!

#893 December 24 2014

hussam

joem wrote:

Hussam,

Ok, but is Ogero giving good connection or similar to ISP's?

Now, as for the private sector, man, we don't wish to hurt the private sector but the private sector is not providing reasonable connection. anno, close to zero after 5pm!!!
Many won't mind to pay more if private ISPs give good connection; Ma we are paying $20 for NO connection!!!!

Correct. ISPs need to charge a bit more so they can get you a more stable connection. But they aren't doing so because they are stuck competing with each other and Ogero over lower prices.
I just got a spam sms from Cyberia offering internet starting at 15$, a free modem and one free month. They probably have a boatload of modems they can get rid of but that free month isn't coming from nowhere.
There is also the aging infrastructure. Lebanon was never ready for distributing connections above 2Mbit regardless of the medium (with the exception of 3g/4g).

#894 December 26 2014

DG

I am having the most annoying problem ever. My connection had been fine for years until a month ago all of a sudden FEC, CRC and HEC errors started jumping in the hundreds.
When this happens, World of Warcraft freezes for a few seconds and I can even get disconnected from the game. Then, after a while, the errors can stop increasing and return to normal status.
Has anyone been experiencing this ? I am connected to the Antelias central office and apparently (I checked) my neighbor is facing the same problem, at the exact time it happens to me.

#895 December 27 2014

vengeance666

DG wrote:

I am having the most annoying problem ever. My connection had been fine for years until a month ago all of a sudden FEC, CRC and HEC errors started jumping in the hundreds.
When this happens, World of Warcraft freezes for a few seconds and I can even get disconnected from the game. Then, after a while, the errors can stop increasing and return to normal status.
Has anyone been experiencing this ? I am connected to the Antelias central office and apparently (I checked) my neighbor is facing the same problem, at the exact time it happens to me.

If you both are connected to the same telephone box and it's not the actual problem, then wait for a miracle till they decide to fix it someday in the next century since probably it's something wrong at the central's side.

#896 December 27 2014

nuclearcat

Technically here politicians take DSL can be installed as granted for all citizens, and they can profit from it. But practically this technology dies on high density because of co-interference. The more users installed on your exchange, the more noise you will get.

#897 December 28 2014

DG

The thing is, it does not happen all the time. It might be fine for a day or two then suddenly a burst of errors happens. FEC, CRC and HEC errors start to increase at a fast rate, like 100 every few seconds for about 30 minutes or so. Then it stops again.
All this time, while this is going on, my SN margin remains the same as usual.

#898 December 28 2014

A.I.

DG wrote:

The thing is, it does not happen all the time. It might be fine for a day or two then suddenly a burst of errors happens. FEC, CRC and HEC errors start to increase at a fast rate, like 100 every few seconds for about 30 minutes or so. Then it stops again.
All this time, while this is going on, my SN margin remains the same as usual.

I switched from Terranet to Ogero because of that problem, but it still happens with Ogero. It only happens when the state's electricity is gone for more than 6 hours. I was thinking that maybe they're using UPS at some point in the network and it's shutting down when the battery is dead. I don't know if it could be technically true, but that's the only explanation I was able to think of.

#899 December 28 2014

DG

I have never had this problem before (in the past 3.5 years) even when the electricity would be gone for more than 6 hours in a row. It only started happening 1 month ago.
If their UPS shuts down, the connection would be dead as the equipment at the central office would all go down as well. But that's not what is going on. It's just a crazy burst of errors for a while (like some high interference somewhere) and then it's all good again.
You know, when it's raining and there's thunder. Every time thunder strikes nearby you get a few errors on the modem.

#900 December 29 2014

ILIA_93

I'm facing a kind of similar problem, I never checked CRC error rate to tell if it was that :/ But what I'm experiencing is a loss of connection to the internet although my connection to the DSLAM and the next hop router is fine. So when my internet is down, and I perform a trace route for any website, I can see 2 hops (my home router, and the next router). After that second router the connection is timed out. The weird thing is when I disconnect (through the internet tab in the router http configuration menu) and then reconnect to the internet, I can open a few sites for like 2 minutes before the internet goes down again. This happens randomly for me too, and for today my internet is as good as it can be :) But it sucked this weekend.

Of course calling ogero tech. support and their "turn off your router for 10 minutes" trick didn't fix anything -_- Since this is a feedback for Ogero topic, then I can say: "Go ask the nearest 'dekeneh' how to fix your internet instead of calling 1515, maybe you'll get something useful there".

A.I. wrote:

It only happens when the state's electricity is gone for more than 6 hours.

I often experience the problem I'm facing when the electricity is back here :/ Ogero network is haunted I guess!

Board footer