LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#801 October 1 2014

Earthmaster

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I would like to know the answer to that too, as i too have the 2 mbps 40 GB plan but since everyone at home uses the internet from gaming to streaming (LOTS of streaming) i usually pay between 200 000 and 300 000 L.L. which is way too much.
Since Ogeros' automatic answer to "i want to upgrade my speed" is "You're line cant handle more", I am planning o switching to the 2 mbps unlimited plan, but i want to make sure that no fair usage policy applies and most importantly that my latency will remain stable. Does anyone have an answer to that?
I usually have my friends over once a week to play league of legends together and my ping remain stable (around 110 ms) with 5 people playing on the same home network (not counting all other smartphones and ipads connected but idle).

#802 October 1 2014

Ramii

user wrote:

Guys, I am looking for some feedback on ogero's 2mbps plan. For those who have it, are you able to download 24/7 or at least for significant amounts of time without experiencing throttling? Is the latency good as well?

BTW I am on the "2mbps 40 GB" package but my speed is still not upgraded.

Download is fine and I'm not experiencing any throttling.. Latency is good as well (90-110 ms).. im playing online at night without any problem (when no one is using the internet for sure ).

#803 October 1 2014

Raficoo

user wrote:

Guys, I am looking for some feedback on ogero's 2mbps plan. For those who have it, are you able to download 24/7 or at least for significant amounts of time without experiencing throttling? Is the latency good as well?

BTW I am on the "2mbps 40 GB" package but my speed is still not upgraded.

I downloaded 82GBs in September and never ever got FUP'd a single time, hardest I downloaded was about 10GBs in a day and still never got FUP'd.

#804 October 1 2014

applelover

how long does upgrading usually take? I asked to upgrade to the 2mbs/Unlimited plan about 5 days ago and still nothing. My quota on the website still says it's not unlimited.

#805 October 1 2014

AVOlio

HI,
if you went to upgrade, the upgrade will occur at the start of the next month.

Also, who did you ask?
You have to go to your central and upgrade it, if you called them, I don't think they will apply.
Plus you have to pay a fee of 8000LP for the upgrade.

Now coming to the unlimited plan.
I checked my Internet usage yesterday, it was around 125GB.
I'm on the unlimited plan, no slow speeds, no FUP, no high ping.
Speed and ping are always stable.

#806 October 1 2014

applelover

Yes I went to my central and paid 8000LP for the upgrade, still at 1mbs and it says on the website that I have 40gbs of free usage which it shouldn't cause I did change to unlimited. Located at Mazraa by the way.

#807 October 1 2014

RoyNm

-

Last edited by RoyNm (3 weeks ago)

#808 October 2 2014

Doom

I still haven't recieved mine,where do you live?

#809 October 2 2014

RoyNm

-

Last edited by RoyNm (3 weeks ago)

#810 October 3 2014

makhoder

I have 2mb, also my ping is always stable at 60ms.
Going to upgrade to 6-8mb the next month, got the confirmation

#811 October 14 2014

silaci

Is it true that Ogero's upload speed is capped at 512kbps for all DSL packages?

#812 October 14 2014

Ngel

Yes it is Silaci.
The only package they have with more than 512 upload is the HDSL.

#813 October 16 2014

silaci

Thanks Ngel.

By the way, I subscribed to Ogero on my second phone line, 8M.
My other line has 8M Sodetel.

Same CO, difference is night and day. While Sodetel has been barely netting 2-3Mbps (often times much lower), Ogero has been delivering steady 8M. Latency is much lower too. Only thing is Sodetel's upload is a bit faster.

I've been having too many problems (timeouts, slowness, etc) with Sodetel lately that it's time to say goodbye.

#814 October 16 2014

Raficoo

I downloaded Shadow of Morder(34.5GB) in a single shot and didn't notice a drop of FUP, so far I've used 90.5GB this month and no slow downs or high pings.

#815 October 27 2014

ahk40a

Did anyone who is connected to Khaldeh CO had received the speed upgrade? They have informed us that our line cannot handle the speed of 2Mbps, knowing that the modem shows that it can handle up to 5Mbps.

Last edited by ahk40a (October 27 2014)

#816 October 28 2014

m_zeid

most of telephone lines in Lebanon - if not all- can handle dsl speeds up to 8mbps. Just check the stats and compare with figures.
What they say to people is absolute bullshit

#817 October 30 2014

Ramnesia

I told a friend of mine to check if she has got the upgrade, so she used speedtest using mobi cedarcom servers and sent me a pic of the result. It was 2.25Mbit download not the regular 1.74 Mbit.

#818 November 3 2014

makhoder

Got the upgrade today, coming from the 2mb/40gb to 6-8mb/60GB.
I noticed that the ADSL mode changed again to interleave (I was using FAST), anyway I can change it again?

#819 November 4 2014

GreenM

@makhoder what CO are you?

#820 November 4 2014

makhoder

GreenM wrote:

@makhoder what CO are you?

Tripoli Tell, and also got the upgrade on my other line that is from Tripoli Mina. Both 6-8mbps

#821 November 4 2014

makhoder

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

#822 November 6 2014

dio

I don't understand Ogero. Regardless of their decent service and stable internet, they are really lazy/misinformed.

My friends had a 2mb plan and the most they could go was 4mb. After the prices dropped in Lebanon for all ISPs, they asked Ogero to do another "kashef" of their house, and Ogero told them that they could get 6-8 mb.

All of a sudden their house is within the diameter of the 6-8 mb range? So does that mean if I ask Ogero to redo a "kashif" at my home in Hamra, they will allow me the 6-8mb?

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

tl;dr: never could get 6-8mb, all of a sudden after prices drop, 6-8mb is available.

#823 November 6 2014

makhoder

dio wrote:

I don't understand Ogero. Regardless of their decent service and stable internet, they are really lazy/misinformed.

My friends had a 2mb plan and the most they could go was 4mb. After the prices dropped in Lebanon for all ISPs, they asked Ogero to do another "kashef" of their house, and Ogero told them that they could get 6-8 mb.

All of a sudden their house is within the diameter of the 6-8 mb range? So does that mean if I ask Ogero to redo a "kashif" at my home in Hamra, they will allow me the 6-8mb?

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

tl;dr: never could get 6-8mb, all of a sudden after prices drop, 6-8mb is available.

More than 70% of the lines here can handle more than 2mb. There is not such thing that they need to kashef w hek, they just dont want to provide high speeds to everyone.
Can you post the stats of your line to check some infos ?

#824 November 6 2014

dio

Sure I can, what type of info would you like to see? Speedtest? Anything specific from a particular website?

#825 November 6 2014

makhoder

dio wrote:

Sure I can, what type of info would you like to see? Speedtest? Anything specific from a particular website?

Can you post a screenshot of the stats of your line, inside the modem, for example like my old post with a screenshot.

Board footer