LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#751 September 2 2014

chosen2k

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I got updated to 6-8mbps. Tried speedtest in the morning it was relatively the same speed that I got while I was @ 4mbps.

However after getting a ping of 56ms I was perplexed and that's when I realized speedtest showed a new server in Beirut called Mobi-Cedarcom.

#752 September 3 2014

Rakrouki

I've upgraded my 2mbps connection to 4mbps, it was great until a week ago when it dropped to 2mbps. Called Ogero to complain, the support guy told me it was a problem from their end that they are working on fixing.

#753 September 3 2014

sultanatallah94

Is anyone noticing an increase in ping? i used to average around 100 ms to uk (using ping www.bbc.co.uk) but i now get about 125-130ms. I don't know if this matters to others but i am a gamer so i notice and it is becoming a bit annoying.

#754 September 3 2014

gamer4life

sultanatallah94 wrote:

Is anyone noticing an increase in ping? i used to average around 100 ms to uk (using ping www.bbc.co.uk) but i now get about 125-130ms. I don't know if this matters to others but i am a gamer so i notice and it is becoming a bit annoying.

I'm with IDM and I'm experiencing the same issue. It's not just us check cyberia post. The increase is also 30ms I don't know why.

#755 September 3 2014

Doom

I'am playing an online game and i experienced since yesterday morning an increase in ping too about 20ms.

#756 September 3 2014

AVOlio

Yes an increase in Ping, around 20-30ms.
It is annoying yes.

#757 September 3 2014

Blue

Finally got the speed upgrade! On 2 Mbps now.

#758 September 3 2014

Ramnesia

the weird thing is when i ping paris bouygues telecom it's the same as before, but bf4 ping is in the 100ms range. 20-30 ms increase! what are they doing?
3733783451.png

is everyone facing this or just the unlimited plan?

Last edited by Ramnesia (September 3 2014)

#759 September 3 2014

nosense

Ramnesia wrote:

the weird thing is when i ping paris bouygues telecom it's the same as before, but bf4 ping is in the 100ms range. 20-30 ms increase! what are they doing?
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3733783451.png

I am also facing the same thing and I am not even on OGERO
it's happening everywhere in Lebanon

#760 September 3 2014

ahk40a

Blue wrote:

Congrats, which CO?

#761 September 3 2014

Raficoo

Yea I've also had an increase of 20-25ms on the ping, funny is that ping to Google is still ~100ms though

#762 September 4 2014

vengeance666

I'm facing an increase in ping around 30ms , my ping in World of Warcraft used to be around 75 to 80 ms , since yesterday it became 100 to 107ms.

#763 September 4 2014

Blue

ahk40a wrote:
Blue wrote:

Congrats, which CO?

The one in mazraa

#764 September 5 2014

FuSe

aliessayli2 wrote:
Ramnesia wrote:

I am facing an increase in ping as well 25-30 ms.
I am with OGERO, however I did not get the upgrade yet, I don't think it is happening everywhere in Lebanon, because my friend is with TerraNet and his ping is still the same.

It's impossible to play like this !!

Last edited by FuSe (September 5 2014)

#765 September 5 2014

NuclearVision

At least you can connect, my game server won't let me in

#766 September 5 2014

nosense

FuSe wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
Ramnesia wrote:

I am with OGERO, however I did not get the upgrade yet, I don't think it is happening everywhere in Lebanon, because my friend is with TerraNet and his ping is still the same.

Terranet are an exception , I don't know where they get their bandwidth but after the 'upgrades' they are the only ISP who actually upgraded their customer's internet

#767 September 5 2014

hussam

aliessayli2 wrote:
FuSe wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

Terranet are an exception , I don't know where they get their bandwidth but after the 'upgrades' they are the only ISP who actually upgraded their customer's internet

If I understand correctly (or according to the cable guys in my old neighborhood), Terra and Sodetel have a license to import their own bandwidth from outside Lebanon and bypass Ogero/MoT.

Last edited by hussam (September 5 2014)

#768 September 6 2014

com_engineer

Finally got my speed upgrade im on 2mbps now after a looong wait..(Chiyah CO)

#769 September 6 2014

NuclearVision

hussam wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
FuSe wrote:

If I understand correctly (or according to the cable guys in my old neighborhood), Terra and Sodetel have a license to import their own bandwidth from outside Lebanon and bypass Ogero/MoT.

Explains the high latency due to satellites ?

#770 September 7 2014

ramy58

Are your torrent speeds good ? Mine keep being under 20KB/s.
I have the 2mbps unlimited plan. My latency and download speed are good, and the torrent i'm downloading has thousands of seeds.

#771 September 8 2014

Raficoo

ramy58 wrote:

I have the 2mbps unlimited plan. My latency and download speed are good, and the torrent i'm downloading has thousands of seeds.

I'm also on 2mbit/s unlimited and I downloaded a torrent overnight now and the average download speed was 182.1KB/s, seed/leech ratio was about 2.81 but my other recent torrent speed averages at about 190-195KB/s

Last edited by Raficoo (September 8 2014)

#772 September 8 2014

FuSe

I got my upgrade 2mb on Friday 5th September (Mazraa CO), however the latency is not fixed yet.

#773 September 8 2014

FuSe

hussam wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
FuSe wrote:

True, I heard that from a friend as well.
TerraNet has two cable lines when you apply, one for gaming and one for regular users.
They have the best ping I have seen in Lebanon so far, which is around: 70-75 ms for UK servers.
Only on Saturday 6th of September, they had an increase in latency up to: 100ms, however it was back to normal on Sunday.
I think I will wait till TerraNet has a free port in Mazraa, and go with them....

Last edited by FuSe (September 8 2014)

#774 September 8 2014

ramy58

Raficoo wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

I'm also on 2mbit/s unlimited and I downloaded a torrent overnight now and the average download speed was 182.1KB/s, seed/leech ratio was about 2.81 but my other recent torrent speed averages at about 190-195KB/s

Are you using private trackers ?

#775 September 8 2014

Raficoo

ramy58 wrote:
Raficoo wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

Are you using private trackers ?

Nope I download most stuff from Pirate Bay.

Board footer