LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#701 August 18 2014

Raficoo

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I just did that, called them, told them I've had 1mbit/s since a Month and a half, and they said "ok in 15 mins it will work" just did a speedtest and got this
3696781082.png
It only needed a phone call!

#702 August 18 2014

vengeance666

Raficoo wrote:

I just did that, called them, told them I've had 1mbit/s since a Month and a half, and they said "ok in 15 mins it will work" just did a speedtest and got this
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3696781082.png

Really ? That's it ? They are waiting for customer calls ? You called 1515 ?

#703 August 18 2014

Raficoo

vengeance666 wrote:
Raficoo wrote:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3696781082.png

Really ? That's it ? They are waiting for customer calls ? You called 1515 ?

yes called 1515, told them I still have 1mbit/s since 1.5 months and I want 2mbit/s, they said okay, we're on it, and 2 minutes after the call I checked my modem and saw they switched the connection to 2mbit/s... on my Ogero account it still states 1mbit/s but I guess it will refresh sooner or later

#704 August 18 2014

maulader

I tried to do the same and they said it's impossible to get the upgrade and that only a remote number of people from Beirut received the upgrade. I tried persuading him in some ways but that didn't work:P
PS: I live in zouk.

#705 August 18 2014

trent

The best and fastest way to get the 2mbps upgrade on day 1 was to already be on 2mbps!

Last edited by trent (August 18 2014)

#706 August 18 2014

Raficoo

trent wrote:

The best and fastest way to get the 2mbps upgrade on day 1 was to already be on 2mbps!

There was once a time that I wanted 2mbps before the upgrade, however back then they kept telling me my line doesn't support more than 1mbit/s while in fact mine did!

Also here are my line parameters:

Link Information

Uptime:	0 days, 0:05:04
DSL Type:	G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:	508 / 2.039
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:	0,00 / 0,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:	12,0 / 17,5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:	24,5 / 44,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:	24,5 / 15,0

The only change is the speed and the SN Margin, so far the lowest SN Margin on the download is 9.5(during the day), I think I should be okay as long as it doesn't drop below 9.

#707 August 19 2014

mohammadk97

Just called them, they said that the speed hasn't been applied yet and there seem to be some "3ootol" at them. He said that maybe the upgrade will start at the end of this month.

#708 August 20 2014

Ramii

mohammadk97 wrote:

Just called them, they said that the speed hasn't been applied yet and there seem to be some "3ootol" at them. He said that maybe the upgrade will start at the end of this month.

i called them too, they said "Ma eja dawrak ba3d" so i think they are bunch of lairs...i told them my neighbor had the upgrade 1 week ago...after that he puts me on hold for 2 minutes, he replied that hopefully at the end of the month i will have my upgrade and its your "right" sir.

#709 August 20 2014

vengeance666

Hah .. We got a 2 days internet blackout hoping for something here ( ofc nothing happened ). I have a SN margin of 50 and a line attenuation of 17 ( which is freaking awesome line stats ) , still they didn't upgrade me yet. There is no way in hell MY line can't handle higher speeds , so they better have other reasons.

#710 August 20 2014

Raficoo

vengeance666 wrote:

Hah .. We got a 2 days internet blackout hoping for something here ( ofc nothing happened ). I have a SN margin of 50 and a line attenuation of 17 ( which is freaking awesome line stats ) , still they didn't upgrade me yet. There is no way in hell MY line can't handle higher speeds , so they better have other reasons.

Have you tried calling them? And if so what was their reply?

#711 August 20 2014

Ahmad_S111

Hi Guys After You Dial 1515, do you dial 1-1-3 for DSL Support and Ask them about the upgrade ? or is there another extension ?

#712 August 20 2014

vengeance666

Raficoo wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:

Have you tried calling them? And if so what was their reply?

No , since none in the entire town got upgraded.

#713 August 20 2014

maulader

Ahmad_S111 wrote:

Hi Guys After You Dial 1515, do you dial 1-1-3 for DSL Support and Ask them about the upgrade ? or is there another extension ?

yes, dial 1515 then 1-1-3

#714 August 20 2014

Raficoo

vengeance666 wrote:

No , since none in the entire town got upgraded.

Well I knew no one in my area of the city that got upgraded automatically, I could be one of the very few first to have gotten the upgrade first by calling(and I suppose with a bit of luck).. Try calling them, you got nothing to lose really.

#715 August 20 2014

DG

Apparently there's a new IP range for Ogero because I have never seen this IP in the past 2 years "154.57.206.x".
Google shows my IP as being in the United States.

Last edited by DG (August 20 2014)

#716 August 20 2014

Raficoo

DG wrote:

Apparently there's a new IP range for Ogero because I have never seen this IP in the past 2 years "154.57.206.x".
Google shows my IP as being in the United States.

yea that happens with me sometimes, I know of the following IP ranges so far:
63.216.XXX
77.42.XXX
89.17.XXX
94.187.XXX(most common)
154.57.XXX(most rare, only had 2 instances I've recorded so far)
and finally
178.135.XXX

#717 August 20 2014

Moudimadi

Hello guys, im a Sodetel DSL user , through DSP ogero , im with them since 1 year and a half, since that time i had 2 up to 4 mbit and i was just getting 1 Mbit. So now when they did the speeds uprades, i got 8Mbit speed and still on 1 Mbit. I called sodetel , they told me that Central Khaldeh Ogero still didn't do the upgrades , and they promised Sodetel that they'll do it. SO my question is : When Central Khaldeh Ogero do the upgrades , will i get the speed im paying for? Thank you :)

#718 August 21 2014

chosen2k

@Moudimadi I think what you need to do is call khedmit el moustahlek 01750 650 and explain with DETAILS that you are paying for a service FOR MORE THAN 1 YEAR that is not being delivered by the company and what you want is: GETTING what you are paying for.

Last edited by chosen2k (August 21 2014)

#719 August 21 2014

Ahmad_S111

Well I called Ogero

the support guy told me that my C.O is covered but hasn't received the order to upgrade the speed to 2MB?
Shouldn't the upgrade be automatic?
when i asked him will the speed upgrade be next month he just said he doesn't know...

#720 August 22 2014

Blue

When I called Ogero the operator told me that they are doing the upgrades in order of serial numbers and that my turn hasn't come yet...

#721 August 24 2014

RoyNm

-

Last edited by RoyNm (last month)

#722 August 24 2014

Fernand

Most beautiful thing is the minister's profound silence :)

#723 August 26 2014

bermudapineapple

Does anyone know the download speed in KB of the 2MB unlimited option from Ogero?

I have the 4MB connection now but my line might not be able to hold 4MB so I'm thinking of downgrading. However I'm not going to downgrade to 2MB if the download in KB is less than 200 (that's my speed with the 4MB connection).

I ran a speed test and my speed hovers around 1.7Mbps so that should tell me that I'd have the same speed in KB (200) if I downgraded to 2MB but I don't trust Ogero. They tell you that you have 2MB but they lower it to 1MB.

That's why I'm asking if anyone has some hands-on experience with their 2MB unlimited connection and can run a speed test and let me know the Mbps and the KBps.

Last edited by bermudapineapple (August 26 2014)

#724 August 26 2014

NuclearVision

Expect 170-220, you won't reach the theoric 256KB/s

#725 August 26 2014

Raficoo

tt400 wrote:

Does anyone know the download speed in KB of the 2MB unlimited option from Ogero?

I have the 4MB connection now but my line might not be able to hold 4MB so I'm thinking of downgrading. However I'm not going to downgrade to 2MB if the download in KB is less than 200 (that's my speed with the 4MB connection).

I ran a speed test and my speed hovers around 1.7Mbps so that should tell me that I'd have the same speed in KB (200) if I downgraded to 2MB but I don't trust Ogero. They tell you that you have 2MB but they lower it to 1MB.

That's why I'm asking if anyone has some hands-on experience with their 2MB unlimited connection and can run a speed test and let me know the Mbps and the KBps.

I'm on Ogero's 2  Mbit/s unlimited plan  in which I actually got the 2mbit/s a week ago, so I did a speedtest and it turns out 1.74Mbit/s on download(look at my post on top of the page) and so far the real download speed averages 200KB/s.. On torrents the average is 195-198KB/s.. So far no matter how much I download there hasn't been a single slow down or high pings of any sort.

Board footer