LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 6 2011

supra

iPhone 4 best price

I'm planning to buy a white iPhone 4 (16GB) . Can anyone guide me to a good trustable shop where they have a good price with warranty ? The best place so far is Khoury Cell (650$) and Amhaz (610$) but they say Amhaz has no warranty and his equipment is not guaranteed to work the way it should (my friend said that his cell phones are "refurbished ")

PS : What is the expected price for the iPhone 4 after the 4S 's launch in Lebanon ?

#2 October 6 2011

Tigerheart.Hackers

Re: iPhone 4 best price

The thing this, there isn't an official warranty for the iPhone in Lebanon. Those who do offer it, do that on their own expense. The worst that could happen is a software malfunction, and that just means restoring it. By the way, all of Amhaz' products aren't trust worthy, and Khoury Home may be a bit expensive compared to other stores, but they do good aftersales. If you're not satisfied, you can take it back or exchange it, no questions asked.

#3 October 6 2011

Dope14

im looking to buy an iphone 4 for a good price and good condition

#4 October 7 2011

Tigerheart.Hackers

Do you want a factory unlocked on or a unlocked with a sim?

#5 October 7 2011

chosen2k

Funny thing is, a lot of the shops you trust get them from Amhaz.

#6 October 7 2011

Dope14

Tigerheart.Hackers wrote:

Do you want a factory unlocked on or a unlocked with a sim?

i dont mind the two , if factory unlocked or unlocked what a sim cause i will be using it , i need it with a good price and in good condition ( clear screen ) , im currently with no phone and not on a high budget so i need a good catch.

#7 October 8 2011

darkredbbb

I'm also in the same boat, looking to purchase an iPhone 4 Black 32 GB. Do you think we should all hold out until the 4S starts selling in Lebanon, perhaps they'd lower the prices on older models? Also, I'd want to know where we can get some good deals locally.

#8 October 9 2011

supra

From Apple's Canada website (http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/home/s … jYwMDIyNTk) :

The unlocked iPhone includes all the features of iPhone but without a contract commitment. You can activate and use it on the supported GSM wireless network of your choice.* The unlocked iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S will not work with CDMA-based carriers.
If you don’t want a multiyear service contract or if you prefer to use a local carrier when traveling abroad, the unlocked iPhone is the best choice. It arrives without a micro-SIM card, so you’ll need an active micro-SIM card from any supported GSM carrier worldwide. To start using it, simply insert the micro-SIM card into the slot on your iPhone and turn it on by pressing and holding the On/Off button for a few seconds. Then follow the onscreen instructions to set up your iPhone.

Does this mean that it works in Lebanon (on mtctouch and alfa ) ?
Because with the iPhone 4S 's price (650$) in Canada , I simply can't think about the iPhone 4 's price here.
So can I send an iPhone 4S from Canada to Lebanon with one of my friends who are coming here soon ? or should they pay extra customs/taxes at the airport ? (in the worst case he can send it without the box and pretend it's his phone) Please somebody with experience in the subject help me because I don't want to spend my money on a phone that doesn't work in Lebanon :)

testnyn.png

#9 October 9 2011

rolf

I think it'll work (I think it's GSM we have here). You can have someone bring it along I guess, and pretend it's his own phone if there is trouble... that's what usually happens. I don't think it's a problem at all. They don't usually search the luggage.

#10 October 10 2011

mezin

the iPhone will work 100% in lebanon if unlocked and the customs don't give a shit if it's only one phone

#11 October 10 2011

darkredbbb

unforgiven wrote:

the iPhone will work 100% in lebanon if unlocked and the customs don't give a shit if it's only one phone

I really don't think they "wouldn't give a shit about one phone." My friend's uncle sent her last year a Canon SLR camera last year that he bought and it was wrapped, they unwrapped it at the customs office, searched it, and wouldn't give it to my friend without having paid about $200 in taxes.

#12 October 10 2011

Leonedes

Well your best bet would be to to actually get the phone out of the box and have your friend put it in his or her pocket ... That way you would NEVER be taxed for it ...

#13 October 10 2011

Chup

Stop panicking... My friend bought a traveling bag, in which there's a 15 inch core i7 macbook, a nikon slr camera, an ipad and an iphone 4.
He just opened the covers at the airport so they could check inside the boxes.
No taxes no nothing

Last edited by Chup (October 10 2011)

#14 October 10 2011

darkredbbb

Yes as long as they're unwrapped, no taxes would be applied.

#15 October 10 2011

Chup

darkredbbb wrote:

Yes as long as they're unwrapped, no taxes would be applied.

Problem solved =D
@Supra Let your friend unwrap the iPhone 4s there ^.^

Last edited by Chup (October 10 2011)

#16 October 12 2011

mezin

darkredbbb wrote:
unforgiven wrote:

I really don't think they "wouldn't give a shit about one phone." My friend's uncle sent her last year a Canon SLR camera last year that he bought and it was wrapped, they unwrapped it at the customs office, searched it, and wouldn't give it to my friend without having paid about $200 in taxes.

well unfortunately our security officers are corrupt and when they have nothing better to do they find ways to make money illegally , your friend should've said it's a gift and legally she's entitled to not paying taxes for it however i'm sure a simple 20 dollars to they guy would have sufficed and that's a really really rare scenario. Last time i just passed with 10+ iphones (albeit in separate bags with separate people) and no one complained.

Board footer