LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1451 September 17 2014

m_zeid

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

Adnan wrote:
m_zeid wrote:

hey guys, a friend wants to switch off from idm and i suggested sodetel because i saw another friend got the upgrade.
so my questions are:
- all subscribers got the upgrades?
- unlimited night traffic?
- FUP?
- what about the pings? what I know is pings are like 400ms with the unlimited plan, but what about the limited plans?

1) The vast majority, there were some posts with the unlimited plan who still didn't get it last time I checked, but meanwhile their pings were better.  To be confirmed.

2) From 1am to 8am.

3) Yes. I've never abused my bandwidth so not sure about it. But I don't think it's as severe as the IDM FUP I see in their threads.

4) Only until two moths ago or so did Sodetel users start getting good latencies. It used to be 300ms for almost all users, but it looks like they've worked on it.
But I have nothing to confirm that they ditched their satellite links.

Thanks dude, seems all great to me and good to go, who knows? maybe me too will go sodetel :)
switching will take 3 months right?

#1452 September 17 2014

Adnan

m_zeid wrote:

Thanks dude, seems all great to me and good to go, who knows? maybe me too will go sodetel :)
switching will take 3 months right?

I usually know it's 2 months. Some people can get it earlier by chance, or by wasta. You can just hope that Sodetel isn't trying to trap in new customers before the service gets bad again, who knows.

#1453 September 22 2014

Adnan

I got a surprise downgrade today :-(

Earlier today my modem wouldn't connect, so I called support and they told me to try to connect the modem directly to no avail. So after a while I went to the setup page and switched the DSL Modulation from ADSL2+ to MultiMode, and the connection is back.
Then I checked the DSL status page:

Downstream rate: 4096Kbps
Upstream rate: 512Kbps

So suddenly my upstream rate was 9XX since the upgrade and now it's 512, Sodetel told me my line doesn't support more.
While the downstream rate is fine, I can only download at around 130KB/s... He told me that my downstream rate is 4096 because my line can handle it but the central isn't delivering it, but once the central delivers it it should be back to normal.

That sucks a$$. F***.

Anyone else ? My CO is in Tripoli.

Last edited by Adnan (September 22 2014)

#1454 September 22 2014

nefe_lpmk

I called support today, there is a problem Lebanon wide.
The Dsl centrals couldn't handle the upgrade and crashed and they have been working for one week on fixing the problem.

Everything should go back to normal once the problem is fixed.

#1455 September 22 2014

Adnan

Ah I thought it was worse than that (like something they won't care to work on anytime soon), thanks for the information.

#1456 September 22 2014

DG

nefe_lpmk wrote:

I called support today, there is a problem Lebanon wide.
The Dsl centrals couldn't handle the upgrade and crashed and they have been working for one week on fixing the problem.

Everything should go back to normal once the problem is fixed.

It's obvious the Minister of Telecommunication acted in a rash while under political pressure when he decided to increase the minimal bandwidth up to 2 Mbps. I hope they won't revert the 40GB quota to something less !

#1457 September 22 2014

m_zeid

Adnan wrote:

I got a surprise downgrade today :-(

Earlier today my modem wouldn't connect, so I called support and they told me to try to connect the modem directly to no avail. So after a while I went to the setup page and switched the DSL Modulation from ADSL2+ to MultiMode, and the connection is back.
Then I checked the DSL status page:

Downstream rate: 4096Kbps
Upstream rate: 512Kbps

So suddenly my upstream rate was 9XX since the upgrade and now it's 512, Sodetel told me my line doesn't support more.
While the downstream rate is fine, I can only download at around 130KB/s... He told me that my downstream rate is 4096 because my line can handle it but the central isn't delivering it, but once the central delivers it it should be back to normal.

That sucks a$$. F***.

Oh you're from tripoli too, cool.
What is your CO? bahsas? tall? mina? tebbene?

#1458 September 22 2014

gamer4life

m_zeid wrote:
Adnan wrote:

I'm from Tripoli and it's the first time I know we have that much of COs
And I'm connected to the Mina CO with IDM.

#1459 September 22 2014

Adnan

gamer4life wrote:
m_zeid wrote:
Adnan wrote:

I'm from Tripoli and it's the first time I know we have that much of COs
And I'm connected to the Mina CO with IDM.

Haha mee too! I only know of the one in Mina. The Sodetel page says my region is Tall so I guess I'm connected to that CO.

#1460 September 25 2014

georgesmh

I have been noticing a decrease in speed. I get 2 mbps max on Speedtest (My plan is 8mbps) during the day. Is the centrals problem still there? And is anyone else noticing a decrease in speed?

#1461 September 25 2014

omar_killer

I had a decrease in speed (It was capped at 50KB per second) for the last 3 days,I thought that I was FUPed (1.5mbps unlimited) but today my speed went back up to 180KB per sec.

#1462 September 25 2014

nefe_lpmk

georgesmh wrote:

I have been noticing a decrease in speed. I get 2 mbps max on Speedtest (My plan is 8mbps) during the day. Is the centrals problem still there? And is anyone else noticing a decrease in speed?

I am facing the same problem (1-2 Mbps), its torture after having the 8 M speed for a while.

#1463 September 25 2014

Duath

Im also having the same problem, i have the 16 mb plan, barely getting 2 mb

#1464 September 25 2014

Adnan

Same for 4Mbps. I tested it a few times around 2am, where it seems to get back to 4Mbps.

#1465 September 26 2014

ironman

anyone getting crazy latency like 1 or 2 SECONDS ?
this is unbearable... especially this shitty customer support saying SIR if you want to play online, take the fixed ip plan which costs 80$ for 1 MB

#1466 September 26 2014

Ziad87

I have the 8 Mbps plan and I'm getting a constant speed of around 460 KB/s on my torrents during the unlimited period (1 - 8 am). So essentially it's 4 Mbps during the unlimited time slot. At least it looks like to be consistent so far. Before the upgrade, when I used to have the 4 Mbps plan, I used to get throttled up until 2 or 3 am.

#1467 October 4 2014

nefe_lpmk

My speed is back to normal yesterday, I hope yours is too.
Average speed : 6.9-7.2 on 44$ plan

#1468 October 9 2014

m_zeid

So I'm sick and tired and had enough from wise. Can't play online, and can't watch youtube unless with you watch it 140p
That is during the whole day, but during peak hours its more like a hell.

So I'm going to make my big move tomorrow and subscribe with sodetel.
Any last warnings??

#1469 October 9 2014

Adnan

If I have to judge Sodetel without its old history of satellite backbones:

Just do it.

#1470 October 9 2014

AvoK95

m_zeid wrote:

So I'm sick and tired and had enough from wise. Can't play online, and can't watch youtube unless with you watch it 140p
That is during the whole day, but during peak hours its more like a hell.

So I'm going to make my big move tomorrow and subscribe with sodetel.
Any last warnings??

Don't expect more from Sodetel. I'm facing the same issues here since the beginning of the month. Internet is very unstable, 400+ ping, My subscription is 1.5M and I only get 0.5 of it, on a good day.

#1471 October 9 2014

Adnan

Well my personal experience is good, I don't have the unlimited plan however.

#1472 October 16 2014

nefe_lpmk

any updates on the DSL problem ,I just called the tech and they told me that the entire network crashed down after ogero's upgrade.
Anyone have any details on that ?

Last edited by nefe_lpmk (October 17 2014)

#1473 October 17 2014

kfc

nefe_lpmk wrote:

any updates on the DSL problem ,I just called the tech and they told me that the entire network crashed down after ogero's upgrade.
Anyone have any details on that ?

IDM told me that some centrals crashed after ogero upgraded them , so they had to re-downgrade them and this is the reason behind the upgrades delay.

#1474 October 17 2014

m_zeid

what "ogero upgrade"? the quota upgrades? or ogero now upgrading the speeds??

#1475 October 18 2014

kfc

m_zeid wrote:

what "ogero upgrade"? the quota upgrades? or ogero now upgrading the speeds??

upgrading the speeds in the centrales

Board footer