LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1226 July 3 2014

georgesmh

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

Their whole connection is out of service. I tried to call them and the answering machine said that there is a "3otlon tare2".
@andrew55 yeah I'll try the 8mbps/55gb the plan I will be automatically upgraded to and I'll see if its good or I'll downgrade.

#1227 July 4 2014

Adnan

Did anyone notice an upgrade in the DSL upstream and downstream rate on your routers / modems ?

Mine was previously 2048/509, now it's showing 2792/1021, but the actual speed hasn't apparenty changed yet.

Last edited by Adnan (July 4 2014)

#1228 July 4 2014

georgesmh

Yup me too... showing 1094/7745 .. previously it was 509/4092.. actual speed still the same.

#1229 July 4 2014

HotCreep

Adnan wrote:

Did anyone notice an upgrade in the DSL upstream and downstream rate on your routers / modems ?

Mine was previously 2048/509, now it's showing 2792/1021, but the actual speed hasn't apparenty changed yet.

When did they change? I constantly check the rates since they might upgrade any time. yesterday they were still 4096 / 512.
did they change today?

#1230 July 4 2014

Adnan

Yes, this very morning.

#1231 July 4 2014

georgesmh

Im not sure... is there a possibility they do the upgrade this month? According to them when I called they said the updates will roll out August 1st

#1232 July 4 2014

Adnan

They said they would roll them in July if Ogero / MOT provides them with the necessary requirements earlier.

#1233 July 4 2014

HotCreep

I'm at work, called my sister so that she checks the rate, she told me that our line has been down since morning. hmm

#1234 July 4 2014

georgesmh

These are good signs, right? plus I noticed that my SNR increased from 9 to 13 after the rates on the modem have changed which is odd

#1235 July 4 2014

omar_killer

HotCreep wrote:

I'm at work, called my sister so that she checks the rate, she told me that our line has been down since morning. hmm

my internet connection was down this morning but half an hour ago it went back up
speed is the same but latency is just great, 100ms
I even watched a youtube video on 480p uninterrupted.

#1236 July 4 2014

Adnan

Yeah mine was down for some time in the morning too.

#1237 July 4 2014

georgesmh

well i just called the technical support. They told me that they are rolling out the updates today CO after CO, and it will be just the speed for this month, not the quota.

#1238 July 4 2014

HotCreep

Well I figured out why it was down. Apparently they are changing the rates right now. I was forcing my modem on G.DMT because I got the best SNR and max data rate on it. So I called my sister and told her to let the modem auto sync the modulation. Good news is that the line is up again. The modulation changed to ADSL2+ (i used to try to force adsl2+ and it didn't work), now it is autosyncing on it. Since my line will be upgraded to 8mbps I can see why it switched to adsl2+.
What is weird is that the Data rate changed from 4096/512 yesterday to 1024/256 today. why would they downgrade me?

#1239 July 4 2014

HotCreep

I called Sodetel to ask them, they told me that everyone is being upgraded right now, that is why the rates are changing, they opened a case to see why my line got downgraded instead of getting upgraded

#1240 July 4 2014

HotCreep

guys, can you test your pings? I've been told they are getting better

#1241 July 4 2014

georgesmh

HotCreep wrote:

I called Sodetel to ask them, they told me that everyone is being upgraded right now, that is why the rates are changing, they opened a case to see why my line got downgraded instead of getting upgraded

they should be upgrading the quotas too.. double speed on the same quota sucks

PING RESULTS 140ms on speedtest.net......  91 ms on google.com
Rate still the same though..im still 4mbps although the modem states otherwise

Last edited by georgesmh (July 4 2014)

#1242 July 4 2014

HotCreep

georgesmh wrote:
HotCreep wrote:

Are you sure they won't be upgrading quotas at all this month?! tbh I would rather they upgrade quotas now and the speeds can wait till next month

#1243 July 4 2014

Adnan

Well I don't like to brag about it but my ping with Sodetel has been good for at least the last 6 months. During June I put my subscription on Freeze though.

--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 6 received, 0% packet loss, time 25922ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 86.655/90.034/104.755/6.597 ms

I wonder why sometimes pings happen slowly and sometimes fast ?

#1244 July 4 2014

Adnan

Adnan wrote:

Update on the above: my connection is down right now and it's showing 4041/1021.

Last edited by Adnan (July 4 2014)

#1245 July 4 2014

HotCreep

Adnan wrote:
Adnan wrote:

Update on the above: my connection is down right now and it's showing 4041/1021.

has the speed changed though(after the last increase in rate)? did you perform a speed test?

#1246 July 4 2014

Adnan

The upload speed has been upgraded to 1Mbps but nothing for download.

#1247 July 4 2014

georgesmh

HotCreep wrote:
georgesmh wrote:
HotCreep wrote:

Are you sure they won't be upgrading quotas at all this month?! tbh I would rather they upgrade quotas now and the speeds can wait till next month

That's what technical support told me.. if someone could call them to confirm we would be thankful maybe the agent i got doesn't know well the system. I would like to see upgraded quota this month over speed as well.

About the pings, yes mine have been pretty good too, only I have seen rtt>200ms about 4 times only.

Adnan wrote:

Same here

Last edited by georgesmh (July 4 2014)

#1248 July 4 2014

HotCreep

georgesmh wrote:
HotCreep wrote:
georgesmh wrote:

That's what technical support told me.. if someone could call them to confirm we would be thankful maybe the agent i got doesn't know well the system. I would like to see upgraded quota this month over speed as well.

About the pings, yes mine have been pretty good too, only I have seen rtt>200ms about 4 times only.

Adnan wrote:

Same here

I just called Sodetel's support. The lady said that all quotas will be upgraded on the first of August and not during July.
Another thing, she told me that the downgrade to 1mbps was a mistake by the system and that the speeds from my CO have not been upgraded yet, and that i need to wait till monday.
I was rather surprised since my CO is Mazraa and it is one of the main COs in beirut. Guys what are your COs? the ones who were upgraded that is

#1249 July 4 2014

georgesmh

Nobody has reported yet an upgrade in the actual speed (only on modem). I'm in Amchit and we belong to the Jbeil CO

#1250 July 4 2014

HotCreep

trent wrote:

How is Sodetel gonna provide 1.5 and 2 mbps on the upstream channel?
Are they implementing ADSL2+ Annex M in some COs where there are private DSPs?

Any current Sodetel subscribes can connect using Annex M?

Hey trent, I just checked, yea sodetel just switched to ADSL2+ annex_M, that is what my modem says :)

Board footer