LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1126 December 28 2013

Obviously

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

Ah I see. This is not the only issue, but the down/up speed is not constant. It fluctuates too much. Whenever I call them concerning my issues, they blame it all on my router (not their connection or their modem). I retired my router recently because it got old (got old as in started assigning the same IP address for several machines), and purchased a new one and I am still facing the same problems.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will do that.

#1127 January 18 2014

ironman

Guys, they are driving me crazy, ping is 500 ms,,,, YES 500 MS,
after calling the guy, he told me, hmmm it seems you are playing online gaming, i replied by no, but 500 ms sucks, he insisted that its normal,
then he said wait a moment, try now, and magically its 100 ms again, but he insisted that it will be back to 500ms,
and he offered me a gaming package with a constant 100 ms latency but 1Mb speed at 77$,

i am thinking of moving to ogero...
what do you recommend guys?

#1128 January 18 2014

AVOlio

Move to OGERO

#1129 January 18 2014

DG

While Ogero might be better overall, they still have their share of the problems. I have been having lots of ping timeouts for the past few days to the point where online gaming is nearly impossible.
Moreover moving to another ISP means he will have to spend some time without any internet.

#1130 January 18 2014

ramy58

If you have the unlimited package, that's normal, if you don't, MOVE TO OGERO.

#1131 January 18 2014

ironman

ramy58 wrote:

If you have the unlimited package, that's normal, if you don't, MOVE TO OGERO.

I have the 2-4 Mb package, with unlimited night quota, i usually perform my downloads at work, but the connection is really intolerable, only download is fine, but latency and packet loss is huge, if this kind of problems persist i am thinking of moving to ogero with the 70's$ per month...

#1132 February 26 2014

nefe_lpmk

I have been having 100-120 ping for 10 months + . Yesterday I was playing Dota2 , the internet went down for 5 seconds and came back as a beast of 400 ms and I am still stuck with that.

I called them today and as u guessed they said its normal  :(

I live in Mansourieh 100 meters away from the  DSL  'central' .

Last edited by nefe_lpmk (February 26 2014)

#1133 February 26 2014

z0uz

nefe_lpmk wrote:

I have been having 100-120 ping for 10 months + . Yesterday I was playing Dota2 , the internet went down for 5 seconds and came back as a beast of 400 ms and I am still stuck with that.

I like in Mansourieh 100 meters away from the  DSL  'central' .

Same here, I have a 8Mbps from sodetel, yesterday night the router disconnected and reconnected, and i got a ping of 350, used to be 90-100. I Called them last night, they said its an international problem, and it may take a couple of days. I then called them today, they said its normal because the connection is shared and if i need a ping i must take the dedicated package ( which is very very very bad). VISP sells the fix IP 11$ and 4 Mbps unlimited up and down for 77$ which its actually what I'm paying for the 8Mbps from Sodetel. I'm going to wait a couple of days, if they don't solve it I'm going to switch to VISP.

#1134 February 26 2014

nefe_lpmk

z0uz wrote:
nefe_lpmk wrote:

Same here, I have a 8Mbps from sodetel, yesterday night the router disconnected and reconnected, and i got a ping of 350, used to be 90-100. I Called them last night, they said its an international problem, and it may take a couple of days. I then called them today, they said its normal because the connection is shared and if i need a ping i must take the dedicated package ( which is very very very bad). VISP sells the fix IP 11$ and 4 Mbps unlimited up and down for 77$ which its actually what I'm paying for the 8Mbps from Sodetel. I'm going to wait a couple of days, if they don't solve it I'm going to switch to VISP.

Where do you live ? and any fixed ip offer from visp for ~50$ ? 
I will wait 1 week then switch to Ogero

#1135 February 26 2014

z0uz

nefe_lpmk wrote:
z0uz wrote:
nefe_lpmk wrote:

Where do you live ? and any fixed ip offer from visp for ~50$ ? 
I will wait 1 week then switch to Ogero

I live in Adonis ~100 m from central, My line can handle up to 16 Mbps. Concerning VISP as i understood from them, the packages are unlimited and if you want a real IP with it its just +11$ to your package.

#1136 February 26 2014

z0uz

Called the night shift crew now, they told me they are doing maintenance on their servers and its temporary. we got 3 stories now, anyways  I will wait till the end of the month to decide.

#1137 February 26 2014

nefe_lpmk

The ping is back to normal (slightly worst than what I usually get but ok ~120 ms ) .
When will Lebanese companies learn some professionalism and send us an email when they want to do a server maintenance so we know about the issue and not make a fuss about it.

#1138 February 26 2014

z0uz

nefe_lpmk wrote:

The ping is back to normal (slightly worst than what I usually get but ok ~120 ms ) .
When will Lebanese companies learn some professionalism and send us an email when they want to do a server maintenance so we know about the issue and not make a fuss about it.

still 350 here..

#1139 February 26 2014

OxyMoron

TerraNet seem to be having the same slowdown issue as some of the other ISPs, it's been 3 weeks now i called them lastnight and they said they're working on a fix.

#1140 February 26 2014

Adnan

I will add my post to confirm, I also had a latency raise yesterday or the day before, after long months of low latency. So let us see what they are up to with this maintenance, or if it's just the same normal Sodetel thing. We got used to it anyway.

#1141 February 26 2014

z0uz

After midnight the ping reached 650, so long for their 100-450 range. Why cant just say what really happening? Or give us an update on the situation? This is fustrating

#1142 February 26 2014

nefe_lpmk

z0uz wrote:

After midnight the ping reached 650, so long for their 100-450 range. Why cant just say what really happening? Or give us an update on the situation? This is fustrating

Just wait dude , play SP games for a day .
If its working for me then it will work for you soon .

#1143 February 27 2014

user

Sodetel where I work is also 500 ms and we here too are considering movign to ogero (based on my recommendations) Forget online gaming, even trying to work on a remote server or opening google.com is always delayed by a few seconds... It's extremely annoying. Sodetel support has always 3 answers when you call about a problem:
1-It's your fault
2-It's ogero's fault and we don't know
3-It's not a problem it's normal

#1144 February 27 2014

nefe_lpmk

z0uz wrote:
user wrote:

Sodetel where I work is also 500 ms and we here too are considering movign to ogero (based on my recommendations) Forget online gaming, even trying to work on a remote server or opening google.com is always delayed by a few seconds... It's extremely annoying. Sodetel support has always 3 answers when you call about a problem:
1-It's your fault
2-It's ogero's fault and we don't know
3-It's not a problem it's normal

100% true

Its back to shit today

#1145 February 27 2014

silaci

Yeah well they just lost another customer, I've had with them and their support. Ogero seems to be experiencing some problems as well. Looks like 4G is the least crowded right now due to it being expensive with limited quota.

#1146 February 27 2014

z0uz

Im waiting till the end of the month, visp told me there is a national problem.

#1147 February 27 2014

silaci

z0uz it's definitely a national problem since everyone is having these issues.

However, my problem with Sodetel is that they wouldn't even admit there is a problem. Instead, they intentionally beat around the bush, they come out with all kinds of excuses to make it sound like everything is normal. For me, it would have been much better to admit there is a problem and that they are working on it. By asking their customers to have a little more patience until the issues are resolved could have been much better for their image to preserve the loyalty of their customers.

Anyway, enough ranting. It seems like things may be slowly getting back to normal. I'm now seeing 100ms pings with a true 8M bandwidth.

#1148 February 27 2014

z0uz

My problem with them is that they dont say a word, like you said they say everything is normal, they can just tell us and keep us updated, because them telling me this is the normal connection and nothing is wrong will make me change isp.
Good news things started working out. Im still at 400 ms will keep you guys updated

#1149 February 28 2014

Obviously

Hm explains why my download speeds haven't been as good they were before.

My 6-8M is pretty shitty compared to when I had 4M. Stop calling them. Do what I did (although it did not solve anything, but it got me better customer service). Go and post on their Facebook page, they will immediately ask for your number and immediately call you and treat you nicely. They will actually try to solve your problem.

#1150 February 28 2014

silaci

Post on Facebook and they delete your post. How professional!

Board footer