LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1101 September 27 2013

user

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

Sadly yes it is, and if you call support he will say "eh sir between 100 and 500 ms it is normal" It's why I am changing

#1102 September 27 2013

omar_killer

haha I'm willing to change too but this unlimited package always stops me.

#1103 September 28 2013

egmaalouf

I have this 1 M Unlimited plan from Sodetel with a really good router Technicolor Tg582n but this is not the problem
the problem is sometimes latency hits 800(Literally) and sometimes it hits 60
Speed varies a lot
but worst thing is the quality
I have an IPhone and when i download a movie on Alfa's EDGE not 3G which is much slower than Sodetel ADSL it does take time but doesn't stop a million times with a message DOWNLOAD ERROR TRY AGAIN? for a million times a download
Is this a way Sodetel is using to limit a little bit of it's heavy user consumption?
What do you think Boys?

#1104 September 28 2013

egmaalouf

AVOlio wrote:

Walla i know, im not lying, Scouts Honour !
And Sodetel Does have a limit,  i called and asked once, he said its between 10-11Gb or something like that.

Bro it's not a limit
They Program the Server to FUP you once the server gets a notice that simultaneous downloads are taking place
For example if you use Sodetel on Monday and Tuesday and download 10-15GB and then on Wednesday-Thursday-Friday you leave it for regular use the server will notice you haven't done a heavy usage it will directly UN-FUP you
The Plan of Sodetel to FUP is not that they don't have enough bandwidth as some wireless providers do like they buy 20GB a month and they tell you unlimited at the end of the month he'll speed you down so that he won't tell you no more bandwidth they use it so that you as a client not buy for a 4xADSL 1 Mbps Unlimited and you'll add them up on the server and then resell them
To the point : FUP is an anti-reselling option that's all

#1105 September 29 2013

omar_killer

Well today we were remodeling the house and I had to move the router,guess what? It had two splitters for a reason and as soon as I removed that my internet speed improved significantly,I did a ping test and the results are 87106978.png

I hope it will stay like that for a while...

Last edited by omar_killer (September 29 2013)

#1106 September 29 2013

Adnan

egmaalouf wrote:

Bro it's not a limit
They Program the Server to FUP you once the server gets a notice that simultaneous downloads are taking place
For example if you use Sodetel on Monday and Tuesday and download 10-15GB and then on Wednesday-Thursday-Friday you leave it for regular use the server will notice you haven't done a heavy usage it will directly UN-FUP you
The Plan of Sodetel to FUP is not that they don't have enough bandwidth as some wireless providers do like they buy 20GB a month and they tell you unlimited at the end of the month he'll speed you down so that he won't tell you no more bandwidth they use it so that you as a client not buy for a 4xADSL 1 Mbps Unlimited and you'll add them up on the server and then resell them
To the point : FUP is an anti-reselling option that's all

Dude, use some punctuation !

#1107 September 29 2013

ballad

what's anti-reselling?

#1108 September 30 2013

exhaler

DG wrote:
Nabs wrote:

I've learned that when something goes wrong, you can do nothing but wait. They will know about it and fix it, just won't admit it though.

I concur, and that's the sad reality about all ISPs. They just don't want to lose clients so they lie and pretend everything is fine at their end.

well its been two weeks now and my internet still sucks :(, what do you recommend changing the router or the phone line? and i'm open for ideas too

Last edited by exhaler (September 30 2013)

#1109 October 1 2013

maulader

exhaler wrote:
DG wrote:
Nabs wrote:

I've learned that when something goes wrong, you can do nothing but wait. They will know about it and fix it, just won't admit it though.

I concur, and that's the sad reality about all ISPs. They just don't want to lose clients so they lie and pretend everything is fine at their end.

well its been two weeks now and my internet still sucks :(, what do you recommend changing the router or the phone line? and i'm open for ideas too

Why do you want to change those? are you sure they are the issue?

#1110 October 1 2013

exhaler

i'm not sure what the issue is. Sodetel said i need to change the phone line and others are suggesting to change the modem.
its like a trial and error kind of thing i guess :(

#1111 October 5 2013

elias.kahwaji

My gaming days are going bad for me.

FluxBB bbcode

#1112 October 5 2013

Chafic

Go to wise if you want ping.

#1113 October 5 2013

elias.kahwaji

Chafic wrote:

Go to wise if you want ping.

Wise is limited. i can't bare limited connections.

#1114 October 6 2013

AvoK95

LebGeeks is taking 50seconds to load via Sodetel, Facebook doesn't open, m.facebook.com barely opens with the "No internet connection" error very often. Downloading at 3Kbps, Ping is a minimum of 400 and can reach up to 2000+.

Yeah I've heard about FUP, but damn man. My FUP used to go down from 90 to 60kbps at the worst! and ping from 100-200s to 300-400. But this is just ridiculous. Only 1 person can use the connection (If they can use it at all). I'm also getting constant disconnections. What kind of service are they providing?

#1115 October 6 2013

elias.kahwaji

Sodetel users. You can reset your modems to factory default and your ping will be around 70-170 again,

#1116 October 10 2013

romel

so after downloading a new online game i got fup'd although most of the download took place in the day time using most of my quota,anyway i used to reset my router every time that happened but for some reason its not working im stuck at a constant 350 ping. Game is not playable ,last time this happened i posted a pic on sodetel Facebook page and they fixed it after i made them look bad and asked me to remove the pic after fixing my latency so i don't know if i should wait for a fix or just degrade them on their Facebook page once again. any advice ?

#1117 October 12 2013

ramy58

I suggest emailing them. Or even call them.

#1118 October 21 2013

romel

well i called and they told me the regular crap they tell everyone about it being a shared connection and that 500 ms latency is normal and that i should get a fixed ip ...anyway resetting the router to default and connect disconnect no longer works, it seems i have been transferred to a sat line indefinitely, its funny because i live 4 minutes away from the ogero telecom line at sassine square which is supposed to be the fiber optics hub to the entire area yet forced to have shity sat connection, any advice on what i can do to resolve this issue as fast as possible

#1119 October 21 2013

Aly

^^ Fixed IP from Sodetel and pay more $$$ or switch ISP. I dont think you have other choices.

#1120 October 21 2013

AvoK95

Why one know any other ISP that has Unlimited quota with at least 200ms ping?

#1121 October 21 2013

geekevo

I suggest 2 connections keep the one with sodetel and get the cheapest package from ogero for the ping. You will only use it for games so no need for more than 4gb really.

#1122 October 22 2013

romel

i got put back on fiber optics after sending a msg on facebook they told me to reset router and it was back to normal 80ms ping ,it seems that calling and emailing does not work, for some reason the only way to get good service is via facebook -_-

#1123 October 22 2013

user

exhaler wrote:
DG wrote:
Nabs wrote:

When I first subscribed with sodetel I had an ogero zhone router. The internet was bad and their solution was to sell me a new router. I didn't listen to them(I'm was not going to fork 100$ so maybe that is the problem, plus the support are not exactly extremely brilliant, nor do they really take the time to analyze your problem) long story short, in the end turns out the phone filters were bad. There was interference between my phone and the internet router. I forgot how I tested for that though. I think I unplugged all my phones and checked if the situation improved.

Aly wrote:

^^ Fixed IP from Sodetel and pay more $$$ or switch ISP. I dont think you have other choices.

Spend 70$ for a fixed sodetel ip and 2 mbps? meanwhile ogero sells you the fast latency for 18$
If you can spend 70$, ogero will give you 4 mbps and 25 GB quota, and the unlimited download at night, which you can easily get 10 GB a night from. I forgot what the sodetel quota for their 70$ was, I believe it was 15 GB and the bandwith 2 mbps. Half what you can actually get for that money

Last edited by user (October 22 2013)

#1124 December 28 2013

Obviously

Sodetel's internet is so unstable. I love how I can abuse the download at night and reach really high download speed, but it's horrible for gaming/browsing/streaming.

The reason I picked it is because it wasn't horrible for gaming before the new Internet speeds, and Ogero did not have the unlimited quota at night.

Now I am stuck with a 6-8 Mbps Internet connection that is quite shitty for gaming/browsing/streaming, but beautiful for downloading.

Any way I can switch to Ogero without having to wait like a month without Internet. My parents, sister and I panic without Internet. It's really a catastrophe when the Internet dies for 5 minutes. I can't imagine a month.

#1125 December 28 2013

Adnan

Obviously wrote:

Sodetel's internet is so unstable. I love how I can abuse the download at night and reach really high download speed, but it's horrible for gaming/browsing/streaming.

The reason I picked it is because it wasn't horrible for gaming before the new Internet speeds, and Ogero did not have the unlimited quota at night.

Now I am stuck with a 6-8 Mbps Internet connection that is quite shitty for gaming/browsing/streaming, but beautiful for downloading.

Any way I can switch to Ogero without having to wait like a month without Internet. My parents, sister and I panic without Internet. It's really a catastrophe when the Internet dies for 5 minutes. I can't imagine a month.

I think you should address your issue on Sodetel's Facebook page. I guess you're talking about the high latency. I tried once to ask them for help on Facebook, and it's been more than four months with low latency (say 90 - 100ms). They're nice about it on Facebook in general. So give it a try if you didn't yet.

Board footer