LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1051 June 20 2013

TerrCom

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

AVOlio wrote:

-snip-

Don't you need to wait a month or two to switch from Sodetel to any other ISP?

#1052 June 20 2013

Rod

@TerrCom It usually takes between a month and a half and 2 months. So better apply now! I'll wait for AVOlio to see if Wise is well worth it so I stick with them too.
@AVOlio i live in mansourieh and to be honest, i was able to connect to a lobby on my ps3 for 3 times before Sodetel decided to fuck up. I seriously HATE their guts! I mean bi kell 3en we27a the dude tells me that 370ms is "normal"??? Then how the hell do you explain the lower latency earlier?? I was playing just fine!!!  Sodetel sure knows how to lose clients. And btw ,for us heavy gamers, i think 20Gb should do it. No?

#1053 June 20 2013

Chafic

Why not just put Ogero or IDM? Its better then raging each time it lags, or waking up early to be able to play almost lag free.

#1054 June 20 2013

Rod

Not sure about IDM but Ogero is not lag free. On the other hand it's still better than most of the ISPs here in Lebanon and I'm still thinking about it. The free night traffic gives it a little bit of an advantage over Wise to be honest but Wise is known for it's gaming experience.

#1055 June 20 2013

Chafic

I had IDM and I could play everything lag free. I had 1mb wireless "iFly" and I got around 120ms maximum was 160ms ( in Raids, heavy team fights in LoL, and BGs in wow ). I'm not sure about how much it gives on ps3 but I'm sure it will work great. Wise CAP is not so nice to me, the night traffic in IDM and ogero are the best advantage.

#1056 June 20 2013

Rod

I-fly's cap isn't that appealing either lol but the dsl packages are. Do you have any idea if the latency is the same between ifly and dsl?

#1057 June 20 2013

Chafic

No sorry not sure my current area doesn't have DSL and my brother and sister fought with my mom to remove the net and get an "unlimited" ( and that didn't work fine as they expected ).I had no trouble or problem with I-Fly's CAP it was really good knowing that I could download any game from 12-6 and play it the next day. Overall I'm pretty sure the DSL is far more better then the wireless.

#1058 June 21 2013

braminc

Guys there have been posts for over a year now (including from me) about how Sodetel CLEARLY throttles or switches all connections after ~ 3months to the shittiest service imaginable.  Don't use them.  Stay away.  Switch.  I switched from Sodetel 8mb/s to Ogero 1mb/s and honestly I'm happier (even though it still kinda sucks).

I have to say F Lebanon and their internet and all the paperwork and wait times involved in switching companies.  I can't wait to move back to Austin, Texas.  Google Fiber is coming next year which will be 1 gb/s of speed.  Can you imagine???  (not to mention there is no such thing as ping over 50ms in the US..)

#1059 June 21 2013

Rod

Still making up my mind between Ogero or IDM. I want a stable connection for the upcoming couple of years. I'll be leaving then to the land down under where I'm sure there will be google fiber as well!

#1060 June 21 2013

Chafic

Ogero and IDM are both stable. I trust ogero more because many people aren't having problems with it.

#1061 June 22 2013

AvoK95

Chafic wrote:

Ogero and IDM are both stable. I trust ogero more because many people aren't having problems with it.

I recommend IDM over Ogero, because unlike Ogero, IDM has always been stable.

#1062 July 9 2013

AVOlio

This company is a rip off in every way...
I requested for a cancellation of my account, they won't do it until the end of the month!  Saying that it can only be done then...
Now my subscription with Wise is Gonna have to wait another 2 months because of this crap.

Whatever you do,  never subscribe to Sodetel you guys!

#1063 July 9 2013

Aly

I also remember they gave me alot of headache when I requested the cancellation paper.

#1064 July 9 2013

Rod

I also have to wait till the end of this month to cancel my susbscription! Their connection and latency is getting crappier day after day!!!

#1065 July 9 2013

AVOlio

@Rod   if you plan to cancel ur subscription with sodetel,  stop wasting time reading my post.
Go pick up the phone now,  and call them and tell them I want to cancel my account and number from ogero.. and I would like to have a copy of the cancellation papers by the end of this month.
if you wait any longer, they won't cancel it until the end of next month.   And if u don't have the cancellation papers, no other ISP can provide you Internet. 
Your gonna waster a month,  just like me, if u don't call them right now. and In this lost month, u won't have neither Internet from them, nor your new Internet line will be preparing from ur new ISP, that will happen after another 1,5  months after u provided them with the cancellation papers.

take my advice, call them right now, tell them I want to cancel and have the papers for it at the end of this month..
Meanwhile search for another ISP.

#1066 July 9 2013

Rod

Im gonna stick to ogero. I called them but no one answered. They close at 5. So it's postponed till tomorrow morning lol. I'm gonna ask ogero first if i can sign up for their service while still having Sodetel's. Afterall, Sodetel does use an ogero number right?

#1067 July 9 2013

Rod

Oh and btw even if u are a heavy gamer, you don't have to worry about the bandwidth. I played injustice online for over 6 hours yesterday and i only spent about 80 mb!! So that's good I guess!

#1068 July 9 2013

AVOlio

what do u mean sodetel uses an ogero number?  hmmm
I remember you being an online gamer,  man Khalas call them now, tell them like I said, ur gonna cancel and want a copy of the cancellation papers this month..
And u can also stick with Wise rather than ogero..  I have received many feedback they have very good pings. and if u can them for a subscription they will help u in a very good way.  Me I applied online, in their site, got a call the second day.
Plus they offer the same 1mb plan same prices of all other ISP but with 12Gb capacity,  meanwhile it's 10 everywhere else..
that's what lured me into wise the most.

You can subscribe now for ogero, and once u receiver ur cancelation papers from sodetel by the end of this month, I'm sure u will start with Wise in the ends of august.

I guess it's different with Battlefield 3 man,
cause I calculated too once, in a round of 30 minutes, almost 150mb were spent.

Last edited by AVOlio (July 9 2013)

#1069 July 9 2013

Rod

You're right but thing is that Wise doesn't have a free night traffic which can help a lot in our case especially in summer. I mean no uni no studies just us and our ps3s all night LOL i remember you're in dekwaneh right? And i live in mansourieh so we'll both have practically the same ping if we sign up for the same isp. I'll do my work tomorrow first thing in the morning and keep you posted. And i'll be buying battelfield as well so let's see how this goes lol

#1070 July 9 2013

AVOlio

it does have a free night traffic man!  what are you talking about!

#1071 July 9 2013

Rod

Really? It might have slipped through me while I was browsing their website lol oh well, that'll make Wise my first choice then. God i wish I asked here before applying to Sodetel. I hate them so much right now. You have no idea how much i curse everytime I'm unable to log on to the server!

#1072 July 9 2013

AVOlio

me I switched to sodetel when I didn't do online gaming yet, neither on ps3 or pc..
and I had wise before...  look the irony in that...

#1073 July 9 2013

Rod

I just sent my info over to Wise. Hope they will get to me asap. Looks like we will be having our connection set up and ready to go at the same time! Fingers crossed with this one. Lol. Care to share your ps3 gamertag? I might be seeing you online soon while playing battlefield or if you play injustice or mk!

#1074 July 9 2013

AVOlio

nah,  if you cancel your subscription with sodetel from now, and confirm tht ur gonna get the cancellation papers at the end if this month, your Internet will be installed sooner than me  I will be like half/one month later than you.
My psn is Supremegamer10.  but I do not play ps3 much more now that I have my Pc. 
and despite that I got BF3 both on pc and ps3, I play it on pc now only.. 
check your PM.

#1075 July 13 2013

NofaceNoshape

Guys,

I'm willing to apply to Sodetel internet, I'm not into online gaming so latency is not a concern but how's their bandwidth? is it stable? is there any sort of shaping/throttling?
I'm considering the 1MB unlimited deal? how's that too?

Board footer