LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1901 July 2 2014

NuclearVision

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

@madguy the article is misleading. Read the first paragraph. The error is in the "هذا الامر نفاه". Ogero nafit another thing which is the new plans were applied as of 1st June- something users thought. If you continue reading the sentence with وقعوا في هذا الالتباس... You'd know that the sentence is misleading, why would people use more quota while it was already free at night.

#1902 July 2 2014

Sfenjy

لفت المصدر الى أن الخدمة ليلاً لا تزال مجانية وأن ما يشاع غير صحيح..

So is there free night quota or not .....
Finding out the sex of angels is easier than this thing  Welcome to LEBANON

Last edited by Sfenjy (July 2 2014)

#1903 July 2 2014

zerokelvin

Sfenjy wrote:

It is perhaps an un-intended bug, but people are getting billed for the nightly consumption. 
Testing again this evening to see if it will keep on registering the bandwidth.

#1904 July 2 2014

Adnan

Are you guys still picking information from random news websites? It's GONE.

#1905 July 2 2014

Ramnesia

When i called ogero, and after he answered  there is no night quota i asked him why didn't you tell people early on , he said you should have seen the Jaride rasmiye!

#1906 July 2 2014

Sfenjy

zerokelvin wrote:
Sfenjy wrote:

It is perhaps an un-intended bug, but people are getting billed for the nightly consumption. 

Well maybe Ogero Want us to think its an un-intended bug to make more $$$$. The free night usage should be registered in the site like before . I'm still on 1mb/s so i will wait till the increase to 2mb/s. If the conx is increased with no sign of free quota then we are officialy screwed

#1907 July 2 2014

zerokelvin

Sfenjy wrote:
zerokelvin wrote:
Sfenjy wrote:

Well maybe Ogero Want us to think its an un-intended bug to make more $$$$. The free night usage should be registered in the site like before . I'm still on 1mb/s so i will wait till the increase to 2mb/s. If the conx is increased with no sign of free quota then we are officialy screwed

Actually It doesn't make a lot of sense , other ISPs are still implementing the free night usage for similar prices which means they are still making money, so what's the deal with Ogero ?

#1908 July 2 2014

trent

zerokelvin wrote:

Actually It doesn't make a lot of sense , other ISPs are still implementing the free night usage for similar prices which means they are still making money, so what's the deal with Ogero ?

Ogero only started offering free nights in May 2012, loooong after private ISPs. So we're actually back to "normal", ie being screwed over by Ogero.

#1909 July 2 2014

NuclearVision

Yeah they remove the 2012 upgrade and did a new one, technically in evolution matter we are still in the 2012, those upgrades should have came in 2012.
There's no sign of unlimited quota nor day or night in Ogero's website, as I said earlier our press is misleading.

#1910 July 2 2014

Raficoo

Still gonna wait to get the unlimited option and see if there's gonna be FUP and if so how harsh will it be, not to mention the pings at day/night as well, I feel like FUP isn't possible with Ogero, I've been using DSL from them since 2007, downloaded many times like crazy and not a single time have I got gotten FUP'd, but considering we'll be paying a fixed price for the unlimited compared to the intense amounts of overpayments(which I guess meant they didn't care how much u download as long as u pay) I can't be too confident... But then again lots of people did download continuously during free nights and they never got FUP as well, so my guess is that if there is to be an FUP, it would be applied at day rather than night.

#1911 July 2 2014

madguylb

I think they are misleading cz its masdar and not an official source

#1912 July 2 2014

trent

There's really no point in Ogero applying FUP like private ISPs, unless they just want to give us the finger. Ogero has access to as much E1s as they want, and I'm pretty sure for free, because the decrees never mention Ogero paying for them or having a set price like they do for private ISPs. Not to mention who's Ogero gonna pay ... Ogero!!! I'm not sure if at this point IMEWE is fully turned on even. If memory serves me, I think back in 2011 they only switched on a portion of the fiber channels, so this might still be the case.

Private ISPs have to deal with a short supply of E1 from Ogero at insanely high prices compared to other markets. So they need to manage their networks to maintain some level of decent service with the E1s they have keeping in mind they aren't a charity and need to make some reasonable profit, considering their costs.

Last edited by trent (July 2 2014)

#1913 July 2 2014

karimo

any ogero user got the increased speed?

#1914 July 2 2014

Raficoo

karimo wrote:

Nothing on my end(Saida), heard it will take effect withing 2-5 days from now

also
FUP.png

Interesting he uses the word "Naturally", can't tell if he knows it will or he's assuming it will

But after his and the minister's reply about us keeping unlimited nights in may, I'm not sure whether to believe or not.

#1915 July 2 2014

Sfenjy

Its Official WALID KARAM confirmed that free night qouta is gone and that this is replaced by the fact that there is unlimited 2mb/s for 75000 L.L

Check his twitter

#1916 July 2 2014

Sfenjy

Put FUP aside , 50 $ to get my unlimited free night back when i had it for free. That is the true bullshit

#1917 July 2 2014

vengeance666

karimo wrote:

Nope not yet.

#1918 July 2 2014

samer
Admin

A friendly reminder that this topic is reserved for Q&A only. Some replies will be removed.

#1919 July 2 2014

wollyka

Since last day, it is a disconnection festival. I have been offline most of the time. Frequent dsl resync and SNR margin is fluctuating a lot (usually it is stable @12/40)

#1920 July 2 2014

Johnaudi

Anyone else is getting a connection speed of 20kb/s between 1:30am+?

I think they're doing this because we won't notice that speed (so they gain), not sure though.

#1921 July 2 2014

m_zeid

samer wrote:

A friendly reminder that this topic is reserved for Q&A only. Some replies will be removed.

thank you!

there is a thread for ogero already, why spamming this with ogero related?

#1922 July 3 2014

geekevo

Connection after 1AM is fine for me. Though still on 1mb with Cyberia wonder how long I have to wait for the upgrade, experiencing so packet loss too but the ping has improved by 10-15ms.

#1923 July 3 2014

m_zeid

anyone know how much static ip address cost?

#1924 July 3 2014

AvoK95

ISP, monthly package budget <$20 need unlimited nights without FUP and good ping. Who to get? (This internet will be used on summer basis only)

#1925 July 3 2014

Johnaudi

I'm getting 10kb/s after 12am now, is this just me or should I be weirded out?

Board footer