LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1776 June 30 2014

andrew55

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Yea and he even told executive magazine that private ISPs don't need extra E1s. His job as the head of Ogero is just to block any improvement in internet in this country...

#1777 June 30 2014

bigjudge

Just go my new quota from terra at 70 gigs confirmed unlimited eventhough they removed the word unlimited.

2yxrqj6.jpg

a0ulno.jpg

#1778 June 30 2014

vengeance666

Supposedly I should be on non-free unlimited night traffic now with 40 GB quota ( Ogero still 1 mbit ) or not ?

Last edited by vengeance666 (June 30 2014)

#1779 June 30 2014

Raficoo

vengeance666 wrote:

Supposedly I should be on non-free unlimited night traffic now with 40 GB quota ( Ogero still 1 mbit ) or not ?

Sadly we just can't know until we can reopen our accounts and check(which if we're lucky we'll be able to in the morning or noon)

so for now just don't download anything and wait till we are 100% sure, better safe than sorry...

Last edited by Raficoo (June 30 2014)

#1780 June 30 2014

georgesmh

I was thinking maybe the delay by Sodetel is because they have their own dsp too?
Either way, We feel like we are really screwed now. A compensation has to be made.

#1781 July 1 2014

Leonedes

Just a quick note, I went down to Ogero Jdeideh in the morning to register for the > 8 mbps package, the not-so-kind lady assured me that no such package exists. After showing her the option on the "new packages" table, she showed me that the option isn't available on her computer.

#1782 July 1 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

so anyone know any news about the unlimited 12 to 7 for ogero?

#1783 July 1 2014

trent

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

so anyone know any news about the unlimited 12 to 7 for ogero?

I'm still locked out of my account, website updating :(

#1784 July 1 2014

HotCreep

Sodetel just called me, I didn't get to talk to them I was in a meeting. Did anyone else (sodetel users) get a call from sodetel today?
if so, what was it about?

#1785 July 1 2014

Adnan

I didn't get a call from them.

Does anyone know how I can force my linksys WAG120N to sync on G.dmt ? When I select it it won't connect to the internet.

#1786 July 1 2014

GreenM

Anyone got upgraded from 1 to 2Mbps?

#1787 July 1 2014

trent

My Ogero 2mbps 20GB was automatically changed to 2mbps 40GB.

And confirmed NO MORE FREE NIGHTS ... for the fellow forum members still wanting to believe the lies of the minister and his aides, well enjoy the "upgrades".

Last edited by trent (July 1 2014)

#1788 July 1 2014

ramy58

Same as trent here, but where did you get the information that unlimited nights was removed ?

#1789 July 1 2014

trent

Check your usage screen. No more free night traffic section.
Also I have a bandwidth meter running on my router, it shows the same total usage as Ogero. That usage was last night around 1am watching some youtube before going to bed.
dzv4n7.png

#1790 July 1 2014

maulader

My speeds are still at 1mbps, but my quota is increased to 40GB. However, there's no longer any unlimited night traffic. I downloaded 2gb last night and they are billed on my total usage.

Big fucking whoop ogero..

Last edited by maulader (July 1 2014)

#1791 July 1 2014

karimo

seriously F ogero for removing unlimited night traffic. you just screwed everyone over. good job /s

#1792 July 1 2014

ramy58

Well I won't be affected by this change next month because I'll be using the 2MB Unlimited Plan, but still that's a really stupid move from Ogero. They're not even answering us on twitter.

#1793 July 1 2014

maulader

ramy58 wrote:

Well I won't be affected by this change next month because I'll be using the 2MB Unlimited Plan, but still that's a really stupid move from Ogero. They're not even answering us on twitter.

If this remains i'll be forced to choose the unlimited plan when i actually wanted to upgrade to the 6mb package. My biggest concern is will ogero have a new FUP like all other ISPs now?

I decided to call again and ask about the speeds, they said that the upgrade will be taking 10 days long and they have to test the lines if the package includes a higher speed. Honestly i don't trust their system since they said my line can't handle more then 1mb when i know it can handle up to 10mb :/ ogero is seriously messing up and am unsure if i should swap ISP yet again, and if so...where to..

#1794 July 1 2014

HotCreep

maulader wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

If this remains i'll be forced to choose the unlimited plan when i actually wanted to upgrade to the 6mb package. My biggest concern is will ogero have a new FUP like all other ISPs now?

I decided to call again and ask about the speeds, they said that the upgrade will be taking 10 days long and they have to test the lines if the package includes a higher speed. Honestly i don't trust their system since they said my line can't handle more then 1mb when i know it can handle up to 10mb :/ ogero is seriously messing up and am unsure if i should swap ISP yet again, and if so...where to..

Well they said FUP won't be applied on ogero's plans, but again, they did say that free night traffic will not be cancelled and it did get cancelled after all, so yea.. They can't be trusted

#1795 July 1 2014

Ramnesia

Yeah i think i am going to choose 2Mb unlimited because of their bad management.
One thing i am worried about this plan, is the possibility of a high ping for online games. I am not an expert but could this happen?

#1796 July 1 2014

vengeance666

Ramnesia wrote:

Yeah i think i am going to choose 2Mb unlimited because of their bad management.
One thing i am worried about this plan, is the possibility of a high ping for online games. I am not an expert but could this happen?

You got to be dreaming if you ever think that "unlimited plans" will give you the same ping and stability as limited plans so you can download all you want and have the best pings ever. You're living in the worst nation ever to be recorded in history..

#1797 July 1 2014

ILIA_93

Ramnesia wrote:

Ping is not related to what plan you choose, as long as the ISP's infrastructure isn't overloaded, your ping will remain the same. Unless your ISP decide to put you on a special congested line along all other 2Mbps unlimited subscribers, so you will download at 128Kbps with over 1000ms latency, everything is possible with our current providers.

#1798 July 1 2014

vengeance666

ILIA_93 wrote:
Ramnesia wrote:

Ping is not related to what plan you choose, as long as the ISP's infrastructure isn't overloaded, your ping will remain the same. Unless your ISP decide to put you on a special congested line along all other 2Mbps unlimited subscribers, so you will download at 128Kbps with over 1000ms latency, everything is possible with our current providers.

And this is exactly what they used to do and will continue to do.

#1799 July 1 2014

Ramnesia

Haha very comforting. Now i can say i am totaly screwed.

#1800 July 1 2014

Raficoo

Boutrous_Harb_Unlimited_Quota.png
Walid_Karam_Free_Unlimited_Nights.png

The only semi-decent privilege we had and this minister snatched it away from us, not to mention now we will again pay over-usage by fractions of 1GB instead of 100MB that we did just before this "upgrade"

and for those who want to be over-usage stress free will have to get the $50/month... those sneaky lil.....

Board footer